In this section you will find reviews of airport travelers, as well as our Bratislava Airport Guide with information on Wi-Fi, cafes, amenities and services …. and yes, even the name of hotels located close to the airport in case you decide that going to the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your stay or overnight stay, you just have to look at the information below on what to expect during your stay at Bratislava airport.
- A clean and modern newly built airport terminal, easily accessible by public transport, with a small variety of reasonably priced shops and restaurants. C 24 hour available!
- Quick and efficient check-in and security checkpoints
- Free Wi-Fi is available. See WiFi below in the Airport Guide.
- Although no specific places were mentioned, all reviewers who spent the night at this airport noted that it was safe, quiet and comfortable. Free triple benches with armrests are accessible to the public area, providing an uncomfortable place to sleep, but at least not on the floor. If you have a traveler’s rug or a sleeping bag on hand, you can find the floor more comfortable.
- It is better to have a sleeping bag on hand to keep warm during the winter months when it becomes cold inside the terminal.
- For extended sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See airport hotels in the airport manual below.
- Economy class passengers may pay to enter a comfortable airport VIP-room. See location and prices in the Airport Lounges section in the Airport Guide below.
For more information about the services and benefits available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bratislava Airport Guide. Send us your airport recommendations to help us keep this information up to date.
In this Guide, we can refer to locations such as the «ground» and «air» zone. The “ground” zone is the total area of the terminal located in the unguarded zone. Aerial is a protected area of the terminal, which you can reach by passing through the security service.
If you are traveling in economy class, you can enter the rest rooms at Bratislava Airport either by purchasing a guest pass or through the membership program. Visit the separate waiting room page for more details (services, opening hours, passage and membership information.):
- Caproni Lounge — Location: Terminal A1, Airside, 2nd floor. Opening hours: 4:40 AM — 9:40 PM (Mon, Wed — Sun) • 4:40 AM — 9:30 PM (W). Access to the lounge: Pay at the door (€ 25.00) • Priority Pass.
Free, unlimited Wi-Fi is available at Bratislava Airport. Connect to the network «FreeInternet».
If you do not want to sleep at Bratislava Airport, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Aviator Garni Bratislava — (10 min walk from the airport), 500 meters from the terminal.
- Vienna House Easy Chopin Bratislava- (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer available
- Hotel NH Bratislava Gate One — (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer available
- Hotel Aviator Garni Bratislava- (5 minutes from the airport) No Transfer to the airport
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bratislava Airport on Tripadvisor, which can be sorted by price.
Additional services, amenities and things you can do while waiting at the airport
- ATMs — ATMs can be found on the departure lounge.
- Baggage carts — available for free. Location: Departure Terminal entrance • Parking • Arrival Hall.
- Duty free Shopping — Duty Free is available, as well as a small selection of shops, including a newsstand. Most of them work starting 2 hours before the first flight before the last flight.
- Food and Drinks — There are several options available for food before and after the security passage. Open 24 hours. Location: Departures Terminal, Ground Floor, Landside •, Airside. Other food concessions open 2 hours before the first flight and close after the last flight.
- Family Services
- Parent Number — There is a special room for mothers with children staying at the departure terminal.
- Children’s playground — children’s playground available. Location: Landside
- Information desks are in the Departures terminal, near the escalators on the left side of the terminal building.
- Luggage storage and lockers — there is a parking terminal. Opening hours: open 24 hours.
- Massage chairs — in the departure terminal (controlled area).
- Mobile Charging — Free mobile charging is available at the gate at the Departure Terminal.
- Showers — There is a shower in the room of the mother and the child.
The airport is open 24 hours
Bratislava Airport is served by public buses 61, N61 and 96. Bus 61 and its nightly equivalent of N61 travel between the airport and the center of Bratislava, with the help of Hlavná áelezničná Stanica (main railway station). Bus 96 leaves for and from the city center of Bratislava with the help of Petržalka, Prokofievova. Tickets are sold at newsstands in the Departures terminal, City Tourist information desks in the arrival terminal, in automated ticket machines located in the arrival terminal and at the bus stop of public transport and in the bus itself. The bus stop is outside in front of the Arrivals Terminal. For more details, visit the MHD Bratislava website.
For international bus connections to / from Vienna, contact Slovak Lines or Blaguss Slovakia
Racks for car rental services are located in public areas in the arrival hall. Car rental agencies A. Klees, Alwe, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are available 24-hour, taxis are located opposite the arrival terminal. All taxis are equipped with meters, and reservations are not required. Cash and credit cards accepted.