In this section, you will find reviews of airport travelers, as well as our Barcelona Girona Airport Guide with information on Wi-Fi, cafés, amenities and services …. and yes, even the name of hotels located close to the airport in case you decide that going to the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your stay or overnight stay, you only have to look at the information below on what to expect during your stay at the airport in Girona-Costa Brava Airport.
- A small two-story passenger terminal with a limited number of shops and restaurants
- Most of the passengers who decide to spend the night do this to take an early flight.
- Free Wi-Fi is available. See WiFi below in the Airport Guide.
- Observers describe the terminal as being small and crowded at night due to sleeping travelers. One also reported that he had seen homeless people in the terminal.
- There are a limited number of seats (with armrests) and benches, but most of our reviewers noted that it was more comfortable to sleep on the floor. For extra comfort you need to have a traveler’s rug or a sleeping bag!
- Because of the air conditioner in the airport terminal, it’s pretty cold, so you need to have a blanket on hand to stay warm.
- Some observers were often awakened by the hands-free operation of vending machines. Ear plugs or noise-canceling headphones should help block out noise.
- Be prepared to be suddenly woken by the airport service at 5:00 in the morning. Sleeping on the floor is not allowed when the airport is open.
- For extended sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See location and prices in the Airport Lounges section in the Airport Guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Barcelona Girona Airport Guide. Send us your airport recommendations to help us keep this information up to date.
In this Guide, we can refer to locations such as the «ground» and «air» zone. The “ground” zone is the total area of the terminal located in the unguarded zone. Aerial is a protected area of the terminal, which you can reach by passing through the security service.
Wi-Fi Airport / Internet
Free unlimited Wi-Fi is available at Barcelona’s Girona Airport. Connect to the «kubiwireless» network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
If you do not want to sleep at the airport of Girona, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Vilobi — (3 min on foot from the airport) No Airport transfer.
- Salles Hotel — (800 meters from the terminal) Free round-trip transfers.
- B B Hotel Girona — (10 minutes from the airport) No Airport Transfer.
- Sidorme Girona — (10 minutes from the airport) No Transfer from the airport.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels in the Girona airport area on Tripadvisor, which can be sorted by price.
Additional services, amenities and things you can do while waiting at the airport
- ATMs / exchangers — located in front of the security service at P0 (Landside, in the check-in and baggage claim) and P1 (controlled area, in the landing hall)
- Duty Free — Location: P1, landing hall. Opening hours: 5:30 — 10:00 pm. The only store located in the controlled in the air zone.
- Food and Drinks — There are no 24 hour food concessions. There are 5 restaurants. Vending machines can be found in the check-in, arrival and baggage area.
- Information booth — Location: Landside, Floor 0, check-in in the hall. Opening hours: unknown
- Luggage storage and lockers — No information
- Police — Location: 0 Floor, Arrivals Hall.
- Showers no
- Smoking — There are three open terraces in the landing hall (airside) at P1.
- Tax Refund — All foreigners or Spanish citizens who do not reside in Spain or in a European Union country who travel to a third country are eligible to receive a VAT refund (Value Added Tax) on their purchases in Spain. In order to receive a refund, they must have Tax Free checks stamped at customs. This can be done at the airport, in the check-in area. For assistance in finding the office where the process is carried out, please go to the airport information center, as well as in the check-in area.
We were unable to confirm the opening hours of the airport. We recommend that you read several reviews before you sleep at the airport during the night. If you know airport hours, please email [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
Girona-Costa Brava Airport serves five intercity buses, with a bus stop located on the square on the first floor of the airport terminal.
The Sagalés Airport-Girona intercity route runs from the Girona bus station, and the Airport-Barcelona route goes to the Barcelona Nord bus station bus station (located next to the Arc de Triomphe). Both buses operate in coordination with Ryanair flight schedules, 20-25 minutes later after the arrival of each flight. For more information, visit the Sagalés website.
Both Sarfas and Sarfa bus companies offer services between the airport and the cities of Lloret de Mar, Tossa de Mar and Blanes in Costa Brava sur. For more information, visit the Sagalés or Sarfa websites.
The TEISA Airport-Lleida route runs between Vic Airport, Manresa, Cervera, Tarrega and Lleida. For more information, visit the TEISA website.
Novatel Andorra by Bus offers a shuttle bus to and from Andorra del Valle bus station in the country of Andorra. For more information, visit Novatel Andorra on the Bus website.
Enterprise car rental agencies, Europcar, Goldcar and Hertz. Location: P0, next to the arrival hall.
Some hotels provide transportation services from the airport as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle services: Girona Aeropuerto • Melia Girona • Salles Hotel Aeroport Girona.
Taxis are available in the land transport area, very close to the arrival hall. All taxis are equipped with meters, and reservations are not required. The fare is slightly higher, from 8:00 pm — 8:00 am on weekdays, during the day and night on weekends and public holidays, as well as during the Christmas / New Year holiday week. A surcharge of € 3.10 applies to travel to and from the airport. The minimum fare is € 6.70. An estimated one-way fare between the airport and Barcelona ranges between € 132 — € 150.