In this section you will find Thessaloniki Airport Guide with information on Wi-Fi, recreation areas, facilities and services, traveler reviews on the airport, as well as the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that an overnight stay at the airport is not for you.
To help organize your time at the airport, we offer traveler feedback on how they spent time at Thessaloniki International Airport.
- The only three-story busy international terminal with a shopping center, restaurants and bars. There is the possibility of round the clock food.
- It is difficult to find electrical outlets, but there is one behind the toilet opposite entrance A.
- There are reports of homeless people staying overnight at the airport terminal.
- Although no specific sleeping areas were mentioned, reviewers generally felt safe during the night. The airport seats are hard and metal, but without armrests, so you can stretch out on them. Take a sleeping bag or travel mat with a blanket to feel more comfortable and warm.
- Near the airport there are hotels where you can relax and spend the night. For more on this, see the Airport Hotels section below.
- Economy class passengers can use the recreation area for first-class passengers for an additional fee. Read more about its location and cost in the Airport Recreation Zones section.
For more information on services and amenities, go down below while continuing to explore Thessaloniki Airport Guide. Send us your feedback on the airport to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guidebook we can refer to the location «inside» and «outside». «Outside» is a public area of the terminal, located in the unguarded part, before passing the security check. “Inside” is a protected area of the terminal, which you can reach after passing through security checks.
Airport rest areas
If you are traveling economy class, you can use the recreation areas at Thessaloniki airport for an additional fee or using the membership program. Visit a separate page on recreation areas for more detailed information (facilities, opening times, cost information and membership program):
- Recreation area Manolis Andronikos Lounge — location: main terminal, inside, near exit A3. Opening hours 7.00-21.30 daily. Entrance to the lounge: online booking (£ 24), Priority Pass members
- VIP Phillipos Lounge — location: inside, international departure hall.
Wi-Fi is available at Thessaloniki Airport inside the recreation areas [see Airport Rest Areas]. We currently have no information on the availability of Wi-Fi anywhere else in the terminal.
If you do not want to stay overnight at the airport, we offer you a list of hotels located near Thessaloniki airport:
- Hotel Life Hotel — (20 minutes walk or 3 minutes drive from the airport) — a small hotel with 24 rooms located near the airport. No transfer.
- Hotel Iris Hotel — (20 minutes walk or 5 minutes drive from the airport) — a small budget hotel near the airport. No transfer.
- Hyatt Regency Thessaloniki Hotel — (5 minutes from the airport) — free transfer is provided to / from the bus parking at the airport.
- Hotel Avalon Hotel — (5 minutes from the airport) — free transfer to / from the airport, on request.
The list of all hotels in Thessaloniki airport will help you find cheap accommodation, on the Tripadvisor website you can sort by price.
More information about the service, amenities and other features at the airport:
- ATM / ATMs — on the territory of the terminal there are three banks with ATMs.
- Children’s zone — there is a children’s center, called «Children’s smile». Location and opening hours are unknown.
- Currency exchange is possible.
- Food and drink — there are round-the-clock restaurants. In addition, there are 5 smaller power points.
- Information desk — located in the international arrival hall, ground floor.
- Luggage storage — luggage storage around the clock.
- The medical office is open around the clock, the location is unknown.
Public bus OASTH of route 78 runs between the Macedonia bus station in western Thessaloniki and the airport every 30 minutes. Stops along the route include Platia Aristotelous in the city center and Neos Sidirodromikos Stathmos, Thessaloniki’s main railway station. Route number 78N is carried out in the evening and late at night, and route number 78A — once at 5.00 in the direction of the airport. The full one-way route from the bus terminal to the airport takes about 40 minutes and costs 2 € (students and senior citizens pay 1 €). Tickets can be purchased on the bus in the ticket machine, accepting exactly the required amount for payment, the machine does not give change. For more information on these routes and other public buses, visit the OASTH website.
Avis, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt have their own kiosks in the arrivals area of the passenger terminal.
Some hotels out of respect for their guests offer transfer services to the airport. Here are some of them:
- The Athina Palace Hotel is available on request.
- The Hyatt Regency Thessaloniki Hotel is available on request. Place of departure airport transfer: bus parking.
- Avalon Hotel Thessaloniki — transfer time — around the clock, on request. Travel time is about 5 minutes.
There is a taxi rank outside the arrival hall. A one-way trip between the airport and the city center, lasting about 30 minutes, costs about 20 €. At rush hour it can be difficult to find a taxi from the city center to the airport, so lay a good amount of time if you are trying to catch a taxi on the street. If possible, book a taxi to the airport in advance.