After a tiring journey, the first thing our tourists encounter when arriving at Larnaca International Airport is how to get to the resort or hotel in the capital as soon as possible. Not everyone prefers to travel by bus, despite the fact that he goes regularly and, in principle, to Larnaca is only 4 km away. There are much more willing to use the services of a taxi, and this is not surprising, since this method of transportation, although more expensive, is much faster and more comfortable.
Coming out of the plane, passengers get on the first level of the airport, where in addition to branches of banks and tourist bureaus there is a taxi service. If you have not been ordered a transfer in Cyprus from Larnaca Airport, you can use its services to get to the hotel.
The fare here is fixed, ordering a taxi, you immediately tell the manager where you need to go, after which he announces the cost of the trip, which you immediately pay, then go with the driver to the car.
As for the tips, they are taken in Cyprus, but remain at your discretion. The benefits of taking a taxi are obvious:
- first, it is fast;
- comfortable because cars are provided with air conditioning;
- You can order both a passenger car and a minibus if you are traveling in a large company.
In addition, a taxi in Larnaca from the airport can take you not only to the city center, but also to any resorts. For example, Ayia Napa, Limassol and others.
In addition to the taxi service, there are also branches of car rental companies at the airport. In this case, you can rent a car not only after arriving in the Republic, but also during the rest, and hand over the car just before the departure, leaving it in the parking lot of Larnaca Airport. If we consider what is more convenient and profitable to rent or a taxi, you should pay attention to the following points:
- rent means that you have to drive, which means to deprive yourself of beautiful landscapes, because you have to look at the road;
- if you do not know these places, then, of course, it will be more convenient to use the services of a taxi;
- the cost. Taxi rides can cost more than rent, but this is more than offset by the fact that you can relax without limiting yourself.
Cyprus has a very developed taxi service, so at any time of the day or night, cars arrive fairly quickly. If you need a car at the airport, and you are worried that you may be late for the flight, you can book a car in advance and the car will be served at the stated time.