In this section you will find the Tallinn Airport Guide with information on Wi-Fi, recreation areas, facilities and services, traveler reviews about the airport, as well as the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that an overnight stay at the airport is not for you.
“A lot of comfortable places for rest and sleep, as well as a decent number of cafes and Duty-Free shops.”
To help organize your time at the airport, we offer traveler feedback on how they spent time at Tallinn International Airport.
- The terminal closes one hour after the last flight and opens two hours before the first morning flight. If you arrived by evening flight, you can stay inside the terminal when you confirm departure by morning flight.
- The single terminal contains several cafes, a few shops, a bookstore and a pharmacy. But everything closes early. Round-the-clock cafes — no.
- The staff is welcoming, there is security for overnight guests who were allowed to stay at the airport.
- Sleep capsules — located throughout the terminal.
- Enough seating is available for a limited number of travelers in some thematic areas: soft seating, benches, chairs, and even padded stools.
- The floors are carpeted and appear to be in good condition and clean.
- Usually — quiet, with several night interruptions of silence.
- Near the airport there are hotels where you can relax and spend the night. For more on this, see the Airport Hotels section below.
- Economy class passengers can use the recreation area for first-class passengers for an additional fee. Read more about its location and cost in the Airport Recreation Zones section.
For more information on services and amenities, go down below while continuing to study the Tallinn Airport Guide. Send us your feedback on the airport to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guidebook we can refer to the location «inside» and «outside». «Outside» is a public area of the terminal, located in the unguarded part, before passing the security check. “Inside” is a protected area of the terminal, which you can reach after passing through security checks.
Airport rest areas
If you are traveling economy class, you can use the recreation areas at Tallinn Airport for an additional fee or using the membership program. Visit a separate page on recreation areas for more detailed information (amenities, opening times, cost information and membership program):
- Business Hall — location: inside, Schengen area, second floor. There are showers. Opening hours: 1.5 hours before the first flight — the last flight (approximately 22.00). Payment at the entrance (30 €), with online booking (20 £), the program Priority Pass.
Free Wi-Fi is available at Tallinn Airport. Connection to the “Airport Free” network, registration is not required.
If you do not want to stay overnight at the airport, we offer you a list of hotels located near Tallinn Airport:
- Sleep Capsules — Once inside, you’ll find some free sleep capsules for sleepy travelers to completely relax there.
- Hotel Ülemiste (8 minutes walk or 2 minutes from the airport) — the hotel does not provide its own transfer, but the public bus number 2 between the airport (Lennuyam bus stop) and the hotel (Lindakivi bus stop) runs every 20-30 minutes
The list of all hotels at Tallinn Airport will help you find a cheap accommodation. On the Tripadvisor website you can sort by price.
More information about the service, amenities and other features at the airport:
- Art at the airport — the opportunity to visit the gallery of the airport, located outside on the second floor. Exposure changes every few months.
- ATM / ATMs are located outside in the arrivals area. If you are inside — you can withdraw cash at the exchange office at exit 3.
- Childcare — in total, six clearly labeled childcare rooms are located throughout the terminal, each located next to the toilet. Baby strollers are available for use at the airport for free.
- Car rental — more details in the section Transport below.
- Children’s playground — there are two playgrounds in the terminal. Larger — Lotte Playground — with a cool three-story gaming house for climbing and sliding, as well as a TV with cartoons, ottomans and coloring books. Located inside (Schengen zone) near exit No. 5, near Kalev Candy and Toy Store. The smaller site is located in the non-Schengen area in the area of the Estonian Goods Store.
- Currency exchange — currency exchange offices can be found ak outside and inside. Opening hours — from 6.00 until the last departure (exchange office outside, arrival zone); 40 minutes before the first flight — before 23.00 (exchange office inside, in the area of Chiffonier).
- Duty Free and Shopping — Euroshop Tax Free is the main Duty Free store, located immediately after the security control service. A small Euroshop Tax Free shops is located at the exits №6 and №8 in the Schengen zone and near the exit №13 in the non-Schengen zone. Several retail stores are also available both outside and inside, as well as newsstands in R zone (both outside and inside). At the moment, the airport has no convenience stores.
- Food and Drinks — you can find catering points both outside and inside, but none of them work around the clock. There are also vending machines with snacks in the main entrance area.
- The information desk is located outside the departure hall.
- Library — Want to spend time with a good book? There is a self-service library at Tallinn Airport, with comfortable seats and a wide variety of books in different languages. You can take the book with you and return it when you finish reading or leave one of your books for other travelers to use. There are also children’s books. The location is inside, behind Kohver Sweetest Cafe Hours, open around the clock.
- Luggage storage — coin-operated baggage cells are available at a rate of € 2 for a 24-hour period for a small locker (25x41x75 cm) and € 3 for 24 hours for a large locker (45x60x90 cm). Located on the basement floor of the terminal. There are safes for storing small items and important documents for 1 € per 24 hours. The maximum storage period is one month. If you need to keep a coat, gloves or other items of clothing during your trip, you can use the airport’s wardrobe storage service for € 2 per day, € 9 per week, € 15 for two weeks and then € 5 for each additional week.
- Baggage wrap — protect your valuables in baggage with wrapping! Fare: 2 € for a suitcase, 8-10 € for a pram, 12 € for a bike and 10 € for wrapping two pieces of luggage as one. Wrapping stations are outside. Opening hours: opening 1.5 hours before the first flight, closing from 23.00 to 05.00.
- Information stand — information stands are located inside, in the departure area at the gate. Hours unknown.
- Massage chairs — located at the main entrance. Cost is unknown.
- Pharmacy — located inside, near Euroshop Tax Free Hours. Opening hours: from 9.00 to 19.00 (from Monday to Friday).
- Prayer Room — The interfaith prayer room is located inside, between Chiffonier, Kalev Candy and the Toy Store.
- Showers — located in the Nordea recreation area [see airport recreation areas]
- Smoking Room — Four designated smoking rooms are available inside.
The terminal closes one hour after the last flight and opens two hours before the first morning flight. If you arrived by evening flight, you can stay inside the terminal when you confirm departure by morning flight.
Tallinn Airport is served by city bus routes No. 2 and No. 65. The route of bus number 2 passes between the city center and Mõigu through Tallinn Airport (in both directions). Bus number 65 runs between the airport and Lasnamäe. Tickets for one trip are sold inside the bus for 1.60 €, only for cash. Public transport cards and Tallinn cards purchased online and through various outlets are also accepted. Tallinn Maps offers free admission to more than 40 popular attractions, unlimited use of public transport and discounts at local stores and restaurants. For more information, visit the Map of Tallinn website. For information on city routes, visit Tallinn Transport.
Some long-distance buses also stop at the airport on the way to / from Tallinn. At the bus stop at the airport there is a ticket machine in which you can buy a ticket to Tartu. For information on long-distance bus routes, visit the T PILET website.
The following car rental agencies are located on the basement floor of the airport terminal: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, NÜ Car Rentals and Sixt.
The fare in a taxi is not regulated by the laws of Estonia, so it’s better to use the official taxi service of Tallinn Airport in the person of three companies that offer trips from the terminal doors: Tulika Takso, Tallink Takso and Tulika Business. Do not forget to agree on the cost before the trip and do not accept any other travel proposals from anyone at the airport. Pre-ordered taxis and taxis arriving at the airport will be parked at the airport parking lot located in front of the terminal for free for only 15 minutes.