In this article you will find useful information about Sofia airport, Internet availability, cafes, amenities and services. And even the names of some hotels in the airport, in the event that you decide that sleeping at the airport is not for you.
To help organize your time at the airport, we offer you traveler reviews on how they spent time at Sofia Airport.
Sofia Airport is a modern international airport with two separate air terminal buildings. Terminal 1 is older and smaller. It is designed for low cost carriers. Newer and larger — Terminal 2. It serves major international airlines. At the airport a large selection of various shops and restaurants.
The most popular place to sleep is the cafe in Terminal 2. Here you will find a large number of empty benches. And in one of the cafes there are some more leather sofas. Here you can sleep while the cafe is preparing for the opening.
The entire territory of the airport is divided into two zones: station and controlled. The landside, or station area, is the public area of the terminal and is located in an unprotected area. Airside, or a controlled area, is a safe area of the terminal into which you find yourself after passing through the inspection.
If you are traveling economy class, you can enter the lounges at the Sofia airport by purchasing a guest pass or through the membership program.
- Hall Lounge is located in Terminal 1, in the international departures sector, in the Airside zone, 2nd level. Opening hours: from 4.00 to 22.00. Payment directly at the entrance (EUR 14).
- The SwissportVitoshaLounge is located in Terminal 2, in the Airside area, 1st level. Opening hours: from 4.00 AM to 12.00. (daily).
- The guest lounge is located in Terminal 2, in the Airside zone, level 0. Opening hours: from 4.00 to 12.00 (daily). Payment at the entrance. (14.40 EUR / 28.16 BGN)
- Guest Room LoungePliska is located in Terminal 2, in the Airside zone, 1st level. Opening hours: from 8.00 to 22.00 (Monday — Saturday), from 8.00 to 12.00 (Sunday). Payment at the entrance (14.40 EUR / 28.16 BGN
At the airport of Sofia free Wi-Fi.
- Ibis. Located 10 minutes walk from Terminal 1. The hotel provides a free airport shuttle upon request.
- NovotelSofia.Located 5 minutes walk from the airport. Transfers.
- Metropolitan Hotel Sofia. Located 5 minutes walk from the airport. No transfer.
- Tour of the airport, 60-minute tour of the 5-kilometer highway, along the steering paths to the runways and the bridge over the Iskar River. Advance booking not less than 5 days. Price: EUR 50.40 per person.
- ATMs are located in the halls of arrival and departure in the Landside zone. Currency exchange is available in 3 places: Terminal 1, baggage claim; Terminal 2, baggage claim, Terminal 2, 1st level. Duty-free shops are available at the airport.
- The airport has four sister rooms. There are two in each terminal. They are available for the care of the sick. A pharmacy is available in Terminal 2, in the Landside zone.
Bus line 84 runs between the terminals and General Gurko’s street. Buses run until 23.00 daily, as well as on weekends and holidays. Total travel time is 30 — 40 minutes in one direction.
Bus line 384 runs between Terminal 2 and the Druzhba residential complex, the bus runs to 10.50 pm daily, as well as on weekends and public holidays. The total journey time is 20 minutes in one direction. Tickets are sold at kiosks located in both terminals, and in a special ticketing device located in the Arrivals hall, Terminal 2. A separate ticket is required for oversized baggage.
Car rental agencies are located in the arrivals area at both terminals. You can use the services of AutoJet, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Firefly, Hertz, Moto, Sixt, Tany 97 and Thrifty.
The Sofia Airport Metro Station is located in the eastern part of Terminal 2. The first metro line connects the airport with the city center and allows direct access to the Druzhba, Mladost, West Park and Lyulin residential complexes. Travel from the airport to the central bus and train station is possible after transfer between the first and second lines at Serdika station. Metro trains run daily from 5.30 am until midnight. Tickets can be purchased at the machines at all metro stations, including the Sofia Airport metro station. Some machines accept credit cards.