In this section, you will find tourist reviews about Sharjah Airport in the UAE, as well as information about wireless Internet access, cafes, amenities and services … and yes, even the names of some hotels at the airport in case you decide to sleep at the airport for you unacceptable!
This is the most miserable airport I’ve ever seen in my life. Airports in India are much better — Ted.
To help you plan your arrival or overnight, we have compiled a brief guide based on feedback from tourists who have visited Sharjah Airport.
- A small but busy airport, with one international terminal.
- The food court offers several alternatives to choose from, from really great restaurants to even worse options. Mumbai Spices, Costa Coffee and Krispy Kreme were highly recommended in reviews.
- According to one review, the toilets are smelly and dirty. Bring hand sanitizer!
- Electrical outlets, in groups of 6, can be found between the rows of seats.
- According to the latest data, the airport is equipped with hard plastic chairs.
- For February 2017 We have no reviews of tourists staying at the airport. Please leave a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a transit hotel and other hotels near the airport. See «Hotels near the airport.» In the guide below.
- Passengers economy. class can take advantage of the lounge for first class passengers by paying. See “airport lounges” in the airport guide below for location and price.
- If you need drinking water, vending machines sell it at half the price of food court.
For more information about the services and benefits available, scroll down to continue exploring our instructions. Send us your feedback to help keep this information up to date.
In the guidebook we will use the following terms: “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone is a public area located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. Airside — the protected area of the terminal, where you get after passing pre-flight control.
- Hall for the first and business classes — location: airside, 1st floor, transit area. There are showers. Opening hours: open 24 hours.
If sleeping at the airport is unacceptable for you, you can use the hotels at the airport.
- Airport Transit Hotel — located on the airport, the hotel has 16 rooms, private and for shared accommodation. The hotel has 24-hour service, a doctor on call, and laundry services. Each room has a mini-bar, safe, hairdryer, satellite TV. Prices start at AED 500 per day (up to 12 hours) and AED 720 for one night, and include breakfast. There are rooms without food AED 280 (up to 6 hours). For multi-bed rooms, prices start at AED 100 per person.
- Centro Sharjah — located near the airport. The bus is available for a fee.
- Sharjah International Airport Hotel — located opposite the international terminal. No airport shuttle, but the hotel is within walking distance if you decide to walk.
To find more options, use the list of hotels near Sharjah Airport on Tripadvisor, sorting them by price, distance, rating and popularity.
Wi-Fi is available in the first and business class rooms. E-mail and Internet services are available in the common area of the airport, but at the moment this information is not confirmed.
- ATMs / Terminals — ATMs are conveniently located throughout the airport.
- Banking Services — Emirates NBD has a branch on the 1st floor of the main building. Opening hours: 9:00 am — 9:00 pm.
- Business center — offers telephone, fax and internet access. Location: airside.
- Rent a car — yes, see the section below.
- Children’s playground — complete playgrounds are available in the airport departure area.
- Currency Exchange — UAE Exchange, Al Ghurair, Salim Exchange and Travelex offer airport exchange services, exchange kiosks are located throughout the departure and transit areas. Salim Exchange also offers services in the arrivals area.
- Duty free Shopping — Dufry — duty free shop located in the air zone, accessible to departing and arriving tourists. Retail stores are located throughout the airport.
- Food and Drinks — cafes and food stores throughout the airport work with different schedules. At the present time, we do not know whether there are round-the-clock among them. You can select the following options: Chinese House Restaurant • Chocolix • Costa Coffee • Dunkin ‘Donuts • Fusion Bites • Grab N Go • Krispy Kreme • London Dairy • McDonald’s • Mumbai Spices • Subway • World News Cafe.
- Carts are provided free of charge.
- Medical services — emergency and emergency medical assistance is available in the public area, 24 hours a day, in the main building.
- Mosque — separately available for both men and women. Location: main passenger terminal of the transit zone • departure zone (ground floor) • east and west cargo terminals 3 and 4.
- Showers — available in the waiting room. [Cm. “Airport lounges” above]
- Non-smoking — smoking areas are clearly marked and conveniently located throughout the airport terminal.
- Telephones — Free local calls (within Sharjah) can be made from most public telephones at the airport. Telephones also accept cash or credit cards for UAE and international calls.
Works 24 hours.