In this section, you will find tourist reviews about San Salvador Airport in Salvador, as well as information on wireless Internet access, on the presence or absence of rooms for rest, on amenities and services … and yes, even the names of some hotels at the airport in case you decide that sleeping at the airport is unacceptable for you!
Wow, El Salvador International Airport is the largest, most modern and beautiful airport in Central America. — Finn
To help you plan your arrival or arrival overnight, we have compiled a brief instruction based on the feedback from travelers who have visited San Salvador Airport.
A modern and ever-expanding single-terminal international airport with clean rooms, quick check-in, security, and several good shops and restaurants. Try Pollo Campero (fried chicken)!
Free wifi available.
Overnight stays are allowed only in the main corridor, but observers describe their nightly experience as safe and reliable. In the absence of a seat bench, you will most likely have to sleep on the floor. Accordingly, the presence of a sleeping bag or a travel mat is a plus for extra comfort!
For a normal sleep, there are hotels near the airport.
Economy class passengers can pay to use the first class lounge.
In this guide, we can refer to places as “shared zone” and “departure zone”. The common access area is the public area of the terminal located in the unprotected area prior to security. The departure area is a safe area of the terminal, which you must reach after passing through pre-flight control.
- VIP Lounge Aeroconnections — Location: Departure Zone, near Gate 5. There is a shower. Opening hours: 6:00 AM — 7:00 PM. Access to the waiting room: payment at the entrance (about US $ 25-35.). Lounge Access: Priority Pass
- Avianca Sala VIP — Location: Departure area, near the gate 8. There is a shower. Opening hours: 6:30 am — 8:00 pm (daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US $ 28), Priority Pass
Free unlimited Wi-Fi is available at San Salvador Airport.
If you have a long stay at the airport, and superficial sleep in the rest rooms is not for you, then there are several hotels directly near the airport:
- Quality Hotel Real Aeropuerto — (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfer
- Pato Canales Resort Hotel — (5 minutes from the airport) No Transfer from the airport.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Tripadvisor San Salvador Airport, which can be sorted by price.
- ATMs — Location: Shared Area, next to Customs.
- Banks — According to the reviews: «There (at least, earlier) the bank teller was just shy of foreigners … remember that you can pay in US dollars in the free access zone, there are several banking offices.»
- Car rental — Location: common access area, across the road from customs.
- Currency Exchange — See banking information above.
- Duty free Shopping — There is no designated duty free shop, but there are a number of souvenir shops, travel accessories, etc.
- Food and Drink — quote: «Although there is no food court, there are a number of small restaurants with a large variety of food on both sides of the airport.»
- Information Desk — Location: public access, arrival hall.
- Brief shower — there is.
The airport is open 24 hours.
- To sleep all night you will have to be content with one un-conditioned area of the airport.
Last updated: June 8, 2016