In this article you will find useful information about Istanbul Airport, Internet availability, cafes, facilities and services. And even the names of some hotels in the airport, in the event that you decide that sleeping at the airport is not for you.
To help organize your time at the airport, we offer a brief overview of what services Sabiha Gokcen Airport offers.
This is a modern international airport, consisting of one terminal. Clean rooms, a large selection of shops and restaurants. And very slow registration and control procedures.
Sleeping on the floor at this airport is not allowed. However, for these purposes you can use chairs with armrests, or comfortable sofas, but their number is limited.
The entire territory of the airport is divided into two zones: station and controlled. The landside, or station area, is the public area of the terminal and is located in an unprotected area. Airside, or a controlled area, is a safe area of the terminal into which you find yourself after passing through the inspection.
Waiting rooms at the airport.
If you are traveling economy class, you can enter one of the first class rooms by purchasing a guest pass or through the membership program.
- CIP Lounge. Located in the Airside zone, the upper level. Open 24 hours, pay at the entrance.
- International CIP Lounge. Located in the Airside zone, the upper level. Open 24 hours. Payment at the entrance.
Wi-Fi is available for a fee, you can pay at special points located throughout the airport.
- ISG Airport Hotel. Located 3 minutes walk from the airport. Upon request, free transfer is provided.
- IstanbulAsiaOtelSpa. Located 5 minutes walk from the airport. The free shuttle runs from 6.45 to 23.30.
- CrownePlazaIstanbulAsiaIt is located 5 minutes walk from the airport. The free shuttle service is open from 7.00 to 23.15. The hotel is part of an open-air shopping center.
- TürkiyeİşBankandYapıKrediBank provide a full range of banking services. Currency exchange offices operate in the international terminal 24 hours a day.
- A large variety of duty-free shops, as well as a variety of retail stores throughout the airport.
- There is a luggage room in the international arrival hall. In the Landside zone is a baggage wrap camera. The first aid clinic operates 24 hours a day. A pharmacy is located in the international departure hall. There is a post office in the arrival hall. Also, there are two separate mosques, for men and women.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following car rental companies are available at the airport: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt.