In this section, you will find tourist reviews about Punta Cana airport, as well as information about wireless Internet access, the presence or absence of lounges, amenities and services, and even the names of some hotels at the airport if you decide that sleeping at the airport is unacceptable for you!
To help you plan your arrival or overnight, we have compiled a brief guide based on the feedback from travelers who have visited Punta Cana Airport.
Small international airport under the open sky. A modest selection of shops and 24-hour restaurants, all located in the air zone.
- Some travelers have noted that for extra comfort you need to have a travel mat or a sleeping bag.
- There are small wooden benches between the terminals.
- For a full, long sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See more in the airport manual, hotels section.
Passengers traveling economy class, can purchase for an additional fee a place to stay in specialized airport lounges. For more information about the location of rooms for recreation, services and cost of the hall, see the guide to the airport.
All additional information about the services and amenities of Punta Cana Airport can be found below. Send us your airport reviews to improve this information.
In the guidebook we will use the following terms: “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone is a public area located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. Airside — the protected area of the terminal, where you get after passing pre-flight control.
If you are traveling in economy class, then you can use the specialized rooms of Punta Cana Airport for a comfortable wait either additionally, paying for this service one-time or using your membership in this or that program. For more information (such as cost, hours of operation, and membership information), see the appropriate section.
More information about the location of the halls of comfortable waiting, cost.
- VIP Lounge PuntaCana. Located in Terminal A, Airside, 2nd floor. Opening hours: from 8:00 am until the last scheduled flight (around 9:00 pm).
- VIP Loung Located in Terminal B, Airside, 2nd floor, next to the food court and in front of the exit. Opening hours: from 8:00 am until the last scheduled flight (around 9:00 pm).
Free Wi-Fi is available at Punta Cana Airport.
If you have a long stay at the airport, and superficial sleep in the rest rooms is not for you, then there are several hotels directly near the airport:
- Four Points Sheraton by Puntacana Village. Located 5 minutes from the airport. Free transfer available.
- WestinPuntacana Resort Club. Located 10 minutes from the airport. No transfer.
To find an inexpensive room in a hotel in the airport area, we recommend using the Tripadvisor website.
- ATM. ATMs are available on the ground floor as well as in the air zone on the 2nd floor.
- Car rent.
- Children playground
- Currency exchange. Points are located in terminals 1 and 2, near the exit from the migration service and in the baggage claim area.
- Duty free Shopping. Duty free shops are available. In addition, shops selling clothes, toys, souvenirs, books and much more are available.
- Food and drinks. Cafes and restaurants are located throughout the airport and work on different schedules.
- Desk information. Located in the common area, Main Hall. Opening hours: open 24 hours.
- Charging mobile phone.
The airport is open 24 hours. But, judging by the latest reviews, the airport closes at night.
Car rental services are provided by the following car rental agencies: Avis, Enterprise, Euromobil, Europcar, Hertz / Thrifty and Sixt. Most of them work from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm or later on weekdays, and on weekends the work time is reduced by several hours.
The fare is determined by a fixed tariff rate. Cars are located throughout the transport platform.