In this section you will find travelers reviews about Perth Airport, as well as a guide with information about Wi-Fi, recreation areas, amenities and services, travelers reviews about the airport, and even the names of some hotels near the airport in case you don’t want to spend the night in the airport.
To help you plan your time at the airport, we offer traveler feedback on how they spent time at Perth Airport.
- Perth Airport has 4 main passenger terminals. Terminal 1 for international flights. A free shuttle bus transports passengers between different terminals.
- Terminal 1 is open 24 hours. Other terminals are closed at night (see hours of operation).
- There are several options for cafes and restaurants working 24 hours.
- Many travelers complain about long queues and screening difficulties.
- If you follow the signs of the International Transit, you can exit the transit zone and again have to pass a security check.
- Free unlimited Wi-Fi available. You can view information about Wi-Fi in the Internet section.
- Sleeping areas are limited, many benches have armrests, but there are comfortable long benches in different areas, especially in the terminal 1 area.
- The airport is noisy and cool, so grab earplugs or noise-canceling headphones and warm clothes.
- There are several long, comfortable benches at the international terminal at the VirginAir counter.
- For extended sleep, there are hotels near the airport. View information about hotels nearby can be in the section «Hotels».
- Economy class passengers can use the services of the business lounge. Information on this can be found in the “Recreation Zones” section.
- There are free souls in terminals 1 and 3
Information about the services and features of the airport can be found below. Send us tips on visiting Perth Airport so that our information is always up to date.
In this guidebook we will refer to the terms of the location «outside» and «inside». «Outside» is a public, unguarded terminal area, located in front of the security check. “Inside” is a protected area of the terminal that you enter after passing through security control.
If you are traveling economy class, and are a member of the privileges program of one of the airlines, you can visit the airport’s business lounge. Or enter for a fee. Visit the webpage of the hall of interest for more information.
— Hall of the Virgin Australia Lounge –Terminal 2, inside. On the basement after the inspection, follow the signs. To visit you must be a member of the club VirginAustralia.
— Hall of the Virgin Australia Lounge — terminal 3, inside. On the ground floor after the inspection. To visit you must be a member of the club VirginAustralia.
— QantasClub-inside, in the zone of internal departures, you need to climb on the escalator to the zone of departures To visit you must be a participant of the QantasClub.
— Qantas Club — inside, in the zone of international jacks at exit 2. To visit, you must be a participant of the Qantas Club.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport, connect to the “PerthAirportFreeWiFi network and register.
If you do not want to sleep inside the airport, here is a list of hotels nearby:
- IbisBudgetPerthAirport — (3 minutes from the airport) Transfer service.
- Best Western Plus Ascot Serviced Apartments — (5 minutes from the airport)
- ComfortHostel — (5 minutes from the airport) Transferanet.
To find a cheap room — look at the list of hotels near Perth Airport on TripAdvisor, where you can also sort them by price.
More information about the service, amenities and other features at the airport
- ATM / ATMs — there are ATMs in the T2 terminal. Currency ATMs can be found in T1 international zones and T3 domestic terminal.
- Business services — a limited set of services (printing, fax, copying) are available for $ 3 per page. Location: SmarteCarte kiosk (T1, outside, ground floor).
- Car rental — yes, see our section Transportation
- Children’s playgrounds — a soft play area for the little ones, and play areas for older children. Location: T1, level 2.
- Currency Exchange — travelex has five offices in T1 currency ATMs in T1 and T3.
- Child care — mother and child rooms are available at each terminal. They are equipped with changing tables, diapers and waste containers.
- Food and Drinks — Vending machines can be found at International Terminal 1 (Location: ground floor and 3rd floor), interior area of Terminal 1 (both floors) and domestic terminals 3 and 4 (: both floors). All establishments listed below are open 24 hours. Terminal 1 International Terminal: Maccinetta (level 1, outside) • LocalFoodStore (level 1, outside) • SnagBar (level 1, outside) • EagleBoysPizza (level 2, inside) • MattressBlueBar (first floor, arrival zone) • TakeMeWithYou (level 2, inside) • VellutoEspressoBar (level 2, inside) • Newslink (level 1, level 2, both inside and outside).
- There is no information desk, but there is a tourist information office. International Terminal (1), Ground Floor • Domestic Terminal (2), Ground Floor • Domestic Terminal (3), Ground Floor. In addition, there is a support service for travelers, employees of volunteer jackets.
- Luggage storage — there are lockers, cost $ 10 for a small locker, $ 12 for an average locker, and $ 14 for a large one for up to 24 hours. Location: T1 / international departures, outside at the parking • between T1 and T2 • in the transition between T3 and parking • in the transition between T4 and parking.
- Baggage carts — trolleys can be freely used in T1 / International departures and in the parking lot or with a cost of $ 4 in: T1 outside, T1 / domestic flights in the baggage area • T3 / T4 outside • T3 / T4 in the baggage area.
- Medical services — first aid and emergency medical care is provided at one of three first-aid posts: T1 / international departures, outside, level 1 • T2 / domestic departures, outside, on the first floor in the hall • T3 / internal departures, outside, on the ground floor, baggage claim.
- Recharging mobile devices — along with built-in sockets on the seats in the waiting rooms, charging stations are available in T2 and T3 (level 1).
- Viewing platforms — two viewing zones. Outside, T1, level 3. Hours: open 24 hours. The outdoor observation platform Dunreath works from 06:30 to 19:00 (from October to March) and from 07:30 — 17:30 (from April to September).
- Pharmacy — Amcal Express, T1 / Domestic Departures, Zone 1
- The prayer room is a quiet room for prayer and meditation. Location: T1, outside, near the arrival hall (first floor).
- Shower Cabins — Location: Terminal 1 in the toilets, on the first floor and second floor in the departure area. Domestic terminal 3 — near car rental.
- Smoking areas — there are designated smoking areas.
- Water — drinking fountains can be found at most terminals.
Terminal 1 (international): open 24 hours
Terminal 3 (internal): 03:30 — 01:00
Terminal 4 (Qantas internal terminal): 04:00 — 00:30 (Monday — Thursday and Saturday) and 04:00 — 02:30 (Friday and Sunday)
Route 380 leaves from T1, T2. End-stop of Esplanade Busport, on the way there are several stops on the way where you can transfer to other public transport Departure every 30-60 minutes from 04:25 to 23:25 from the city, from 05:20 to 02:20 from the airport, at the weekend for an hour
Bus 37 runs between T3, T4 and Kingspark, Victoria Park Station and Belmont Shopping Center, 55 minutes away.
Bus 40 connects T3, T4 and Esplanade Busport through the station Victoria Park. 40 minutes away is the GreatEasternHighway.
For information on routes and prices, visit the websiteTransperth.
Transfer is possible to 5 points in Perth — East Perth railway station, Beaufort Street, Wellington Street, KingsPerth Hotel and Ambassador Hotel, and Adelaide Terrace. The airport has a bus stop a few minutes walk from T3 and T4, from T1 and T2 you can get there using a free shuttle service. The estimated cost of a one-way ticket is $ 15 per person, bought on the bus.
The airport has a free 24-hour shuttle service between the terminals. Departure every 20 minutes from 06:00 to 00:00 hours. From 00:00 to 06:00 hours, buses depart from T1 and T2 every 30 minutes and from T3 and T4 every 45 minutes. A separate free 24-hour shuttle service leaves the parking terminals every 10 minutes. All buses stop at the entrances to T1, T3, T4 and at the bus stop near T2.
The airport has the following rental companies: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Redspot and Thrifty. Their offices are located on the ground floors of terminals
The following hotels offer transfer: Airport Apartments • Country Comfort Inter City Hotel ..
Taxi ranks are located at terminals T1, T2, T3, T4 and Velentin street. Mandatory surcharge of $ 2 for landing in the airport zone, check with the driver the approximate cost of the trip. Approximate prices: Perth $ 38.00; Armadale $ 60.00; Fremantle $ 58.00; Jundalup $ 78.00; Mandara $ 155.00 and Scarborough AU $ 55.00.