In this section you will find reviews of travelers about Papeete airport, as well as a guide with information about Wi-Fi, recreation areas, amenities and services, traveler reviews about the airport, and even the names of some hotels near the airport in case you don’t want to spend the night in the airport.
To help you plan your time at the airport, we offer traveler feedback on how they spent time at Papeete Airport.
- Papeete Airport has five terminals located in the same building.
- Free Wi-Fi is available. You can view information about Wi-Fi in the Internet section.
- There is one 24-hour bar, Manureva, in the zone after the security check at terminal 1.
- There is information about credit card fraud at one of the airport facilities, so be alert.
- Sleeping places are reportedly limited, but there are long metal benches.
- There is mixed information about air conditioning, they travelers wrote about their absence, others complain about the cold. Get ready for anything!
- For extended sleep, there are hotels near the airport. View information about hotels nearby can be in the section «Hotels».
Economy class passengers can use the services of the business lounge. Information on this can be found in the “Recreation Zones” section.
Information about the services and features of the airport can be found below. Send us tips on visiting Papeete Airport so that our information is always up to date.
In this guidebook we will refer to the terms of the location «outside» and «inside». «Outside» is a public, unguarded terminal area, located in front of the security check. “Inside” is a protected area of the terminal that you enter after passing through security control.
- Hall ManuhiriLounge — terminal 1, inside, upstairs. It opens 150 minutes before the first flight and closes 60 minutes after the last flight (not including Hawaiian and LanAirlines flights). Login is possible for ProrityPass members.
Free Wi-Fi is available for 15 minutes. Connect to the “Wi-Tahitiairport” network. After the end of the free period, you can pay for 1 hour service (300F) or 6 hours (900F) by purchasing a payment card at the SnackExpress Bar or AtriumRestaurant.
If you do not want to sleep inside the airport, here is a list of hotels nearby:
- TahitiAirportHotel — (5 minutes walk) opposite the airport.
- InterContinentalTahitiResortSpa — (5 minutes from the airport) No transfer
- AhiteaLodge — (10 minutes from the airport) The cost of transfer is 1300 CFP per person one way.
To find a cheap room — look at the list of hotels near Papeete Airport on TripAdvisor, where you can also sort them by price. Or on the site PapeeteDeals.
More information about the service, amenities and other features at the airport
- Banking Services — Bank Socredo: T1 / domestic flights, outside: 08:00 — 11:45, 13:30 — 16:30 (Mon-Fri)
- Business Center — Location: T1 / domestic flights, outside: 07:30 — 18:00 pm (Mon-Fri), 7:30 — 13:00 (Sat), 07:30 — 12:00 (Sun)
- Rent a car — there is, outside in T1 / domestic flights.
- Currency Exchange — Office TahitiExchang. International Terminal, outside: opens 3 hours before the first international flight and from 8:00 to 11:30 am (Mon-Fri).
- DutyFree and shops — there is DutyFree and several other souvenir-type stores.
- Food and Drinks — Grocery stores at the airport operate on different schedules, some open at 4:30 in the morning. There is no 24-hour café, but AtriumRevanui is opened for every international departure. Food options include:
- T1 / interior, outside-AtriumTerrace • AtriumLounge • AtriumExpress • McDonald’s
- T1 / Domestic flights, inside, landing area — SnackKuriri
- International Terminal, landing zone — AtriumRevanui
- Cameras and storage room — location: international terminal, outside. Opening hours: 06:00 — 12:00, 13:30 — 22:00 (Mon-Fri, Sun) and 06:00 — 12:00, 13:30 — 23:00 (Sat).
- Mail services — postal and telecommunication services are available at the OPT office. Location: T1 / domestic flights, inside, opening hours from 6:30 to 11:00 am and from 12:00 to 15:00 (Mon-Thu) and from 6:30 to 11:00 am, from 12:00 to 14 : 00 (on Fri).
The airport is open 24 hours a day.
The following hotels provide transfer services for their guests (part free, part for extra charge): LeMeridienTahiti • PensionAhiteaLodge • TahitiPearlBeachResort.