In this section you will find reviews of the airport Oranzhestad, as well as information about wireless Internet access, the presence or absence of rooms for rest, about the amenities and services, and even the names of some hotels at the airport if you decide that sleeping at the airport is unacceptable for you!
To help you plan your arrival or overnight, we have compiled a brief guide based on the feedback from travelers who have visited Oranjestad Airport.
Small airport. It consists of one terminal. At night, closed.
- Overnight at the airport is not possible.
- For a full, long sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See more in the airport manual, hotels section.
Passengers traveling economy class, can purchase for an additional fee a place to stay in specialized airport lounges. For more information about the location of rooms for recreation, services and cost of the hall, see the guide to the airport.
All additional information about the services and facilities of Oranzhestad Airport can be found below. Send us your airport reviews to improve this information.
In the guidebook we will use the following terms: “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone is a public area located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. Airside — the protected area of the terminal, where you get after passing pre-flight control.
If you are traveling in economy class, then you can use the specialized halls of Oranzhestad airport for a comfortable wait either additionally, paying for this service one-time or using your membership in this or that program. For more information (such as cost, hours of operation, and membership information), see the appropriate section.
More information about the location of the halls of comfortable waiting, cost.
- International VIP Lounge. Located in the air zone, 1st floor. Opening hours: from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. Lounge Access: Pay at the door (US $ 35).
- International VIP Lounge. Located in the air zone near exit 8. Hours of operation: from 6:30 am to 8:00 am and from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm daily. Lounge Access: Pay at the door (US $ 35)
Free Wi-Fi is available at Oranjestad Airport for one hour. Connect to the network «wifiaruba»
If you have a long stay at the airport, and superficial sleep in the rest rooms is not for you, then there are several hotels directly near the airport:
- Malibu Hotel Aruba. Located 5 minutes from the airport. Free transfer available.
- Talk of the town hotel Beach Club. Located 5 minutes from the airport. Free transfer available.
- ArubaSurfsideMarina. Located 5 minutes from the airport. Free transfer available.
To find an inexpensive room in a hotel in the airport area, we recommend using the Tripadvisor website.
- ATM. Near the information counter, SMW Bank and ATM works. There is an RBC ATM in the air zone.
- Car rent.
- Currency exchange. MWB Bank is located in the common access area, 1st floor. Opening hours: from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (Monday — Thursday), from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Friday), from 10:00 to 6:00 pm (Saturday).
- Facilities for the disabled.
- Duty free Shopping. All duty free shops are located in the air zone.
- Food and drinks. All cafes are mainly located in the air zone, but there are 5 options in the public area.
- Desk information. Located on the 1st floor next to the bank.
- Prayer rooms. A meditation room is located on the ground floor near exit 2. A separate Catholic prayer room is also available near exit 2.
- Sculpture Garden. Located in the public area. Currently available 7 sculptures.
- Slot machines. Three machines are located in the air zone on the first floor.
- Smoking. The smoking area is located behind the Budweiser Bar and at exits 3 and 6.
The airport operates from 7:00 am until the last flight.
Car rental services are provided by the following agencies: Avis, Enterprise, Euromobil, Europcar, Hertz / Thrifty and Sixt.
Public transport is located outside the airport.
The taxi rank is located outside the arrival area.