In this section, you will find reviews of travelers about Newcastle Airport, as well as a guide with information about Wi-Fi, recreation areas, amenities and services, traveler reviews about the airport, and even the names of some hotels near the airport in case you do not want to spend the night in the airport.
To help you plan your time at the airport, we offer traveler feedback on how they spent time at Newcastle Airport.
- The airport consists of one terminal.
- There is Wi-Fi, detailed information in the «Internet».
- We have few reviews about Newcastle Airport, if you have been there recently — please leave information.
- The airport is closed for the night and overnight stay is impossible.
- For extended sleep, there are hotels near the airport. View information about hotels nearby can be in the section «Hotels».
In this guidebook we will refer to the terms of the location «outside» and «inside». «Outside» is a public, unguarded terminal area, located in front of the security check. “Inside” is a protected area of the terminal, which you find yourself after passing through security control /
At the time of this writing, we did not have information about the business lounges of Newcastle Airport. If you have something to share with us — email us at [email protected]
Free Wi-Fi is available for 45 minutes. Connect to the Newcastle_Airport_Wireless network. In addition, there are two internet kiosks. One of them is located on the shopping area (outside), near ATMs. The other is in the departure area (after passport control). The kiosk usage fee is $ 2 for 20 minutes.
If you do not want to sleep inside the airport, here is a list of hotels nearby:
- Mercure Newcastle Airport — 300 meters from the airport, there is a free shuttle service
- Sleepy Hill Motor Inn — (15 minutes from the airport). No transfer.
- Colonial Terrace Motor Inn — (15 minutes from the airport). No transfer.
- Sir Francis Drake Motor Inn — (15 minutes from the airport). No transfer.
To find a cheap room — look at the list of hotels near the airport of Newcastle on TripAdvisor, where you can also sort them by price.
More information about the service, amenities and other features at the airport
- ATM / ATMs — three ATMs are available, 2 of which are inside after the inspection zone and one outside (in the arrivals area)
- Baggage carts — there is, cost $ 5, on return $ 1 is returned
- Car rental — is, see the section Transportation
- Shops and Duty Free– Duty Free is not, in the terminal there is only one News Travels store, located inside
- Services for families — the mother’s and child’s room is located opposite Outlet 2, and there are 5 conveniences for changing the baby’s clothes in the terminal’s toilets.
- Food and drinks — there is no sale of food and drinks 24 hours, there are 5 restaurants to choose from, most of them open one hour before the first flight and close after the last flight.
- Information desk — there is, in the arrival area.
- Smoking — smoking is prohibited inside the terminal and 7 meters outside. There are two special smoking areas outside the terminal.
According to reviews of travelers, in June 2016, the airport is closed from 10:00 pm to 4:30 am. Therefore, the night at the airport will not succeed.
Hunter Valley buses link the airport to Maitland, Raymond Terrace, and Stockton. Port Stephens buses run regularly to Newcastle Railway Station and Nelson Bay. Accept cash and payment cards Opal.
The following rental companies operate in the arrivals area: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Redspot and Thrifty.
Taxis can be booked in the taxi area outside the arrival area, and you can also use a special phone to call a taxi in the arrival hall.