New Delhi Airport Guide named Indira Gandhi
In this section, you will find reviews of airport visitors, as well as our Guide to New Delhi International Airport, containing information about Wi — Fi, catering facilities, facilities and services, as well as the names of several hotels located near the airport if you are not interested in relaxing on the airport territory .
“The real surprise of the T3 is the international terminal. It’s incredible how they took and did everything absolutely wrong, thinking that they did everything right, ”the traveler recall.
For planning your stay and stopping overnight, we offer you a short guide, which was compiled thanks to feedback from travelers who have visited New Delhi Airport earlier.
- This airport has a large number of night departures, most tourists feel safe and do not worry at night.
- The airport is divided into 2 terminals, T1 and T3. T1 for local flights and low cost airlines. T3 is newly built, designed for international flights and local airlines.
- Modern equipment in T3 is simple and clean.
- Some cafes are open 24 hours a day; see Airport Guide for location.
- Free Wi — Fi is available. See wifi information in the airport manual below.
- Airside T3 offers many options to rest if you find a free space. Pay attention to the sofas in the main shopping area. Many places with armrests and without, carpet in most places.
- Noise never completely subsides with so many flights at night, take earplugs and eye mask.
- Some tourists turn to the airport staff with a request to sit on the floor.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a transit hotel and sleeping capsules inside the airport, as well as several hotels located nearby. See Hotels near the airport in the airport manual below.
- Showers are available in T3. See Showers in the airport manual below.
- Economy class travelers can purchase a pass to many airport lounges, some have a shower. See Airport Lounges in the airport manual below for location and prices.
You will receive up-to-date information about the existing services and tariffs. To do this, go down the page. Send recommendations and suggestions to improve the service and operation of the airport, to form the current information.
In the guidebook the following terms are used, such as “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone represents an open terminal platform into which the passenger enters in front of the pre-flight security control zone. The air zone is a protected zone of the terminal, which you reach by passing through passport and customs control.
For economy class travelers, it is possible to visit the recreation areas at the airport in New Delhi, by acquiring a guest pass on site or through the program of participants. Visit the separate lounge page for more details (i.e. locations, hours of operation, and information about the participants program.)
¥ PlazaPremiumLounge (Local Flights) — Location: Terminal 1D, Airside, Level 2 / Lower Level. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (INR 1200 — 2 hours / INR 2400 — 5 hours / INR 3600 — 10 hours) • Book online (£ 20 up to 3 hours or £ 25 for 3-6 hours — no less than 24 hours pre-payment is required)
¥ PlazaPremiumLounge (Local Flights) — Location: Terminal 1D, Shared Area. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (INR 1200 — 2 hours / INR 2400 — 5 hours / INR 3600 — 10 hours at least 24 hours in advance is required)
¥ PlazaPremiumLounge (Local Flights) — Location: Terminal 3, Common Zone, near Exit 1. Showers are available. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Payment at the entrance
¥ PlazaPremiumLounge (Local Flights) — Location: Terminal 3, Airside. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (INR 1200 — 2 hours / INR 2400 — 5 hours / INR 3600 — 10 hours) • Book online (£ 20 to 3 hours or £ 25 for 3-6 hours — no less than 24 hours pre-payment is required)
¥ PlazaPremiumLounge (International flights) — Location: Terminal 3, Common Zone, opposite Outlet 6. Showers are available (INR 500). Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (INR 1800 — 2 hours / INR 3000 — 5 hours / INR 4200 — 10 hours — prepayment is required for at least 24 hours)
¥ PlazaPremiumLounge (International flights) — Location: Terminal 3, Airside. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (INR 1800 — 2 hours / 3000 INR — 5 hours / INR 4200 — 10 hours) • Order online (£ 25 to 3 hours or £ 35 for 3-6 hours — no less than 24 hours pre-payment is required)
¥ PlazaPremiumLounge (International flights) — Location: Terminal 3, Airside. Showers are available. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (INR 1800 — 2 hours / 3000 INR — 5 hours / INR 4200 — 10 hours) • Order online (£ 25 to 3 hours or £ 35 for 3-6 hours — no less than 24 hours prepayment is required)
¥ ITC WelcomeGroupGreenLounge- Location: International Terminal 3, Airside. Opening hours: open 24 hours.
In case there is a rest area at the airport in New Delhi.
you are not satisfied, consider the transit hotel and sleeping capsules at the airport or hotels within a radius of 5-10 minutes from the airport.
¥ HolidayInnExpressNewDelhiInternationalAirport — located on the territory of the transit zone. The hotel is divided into two parts with access to the International Wing and the wing for Terminal 3 local flights. Access from Level 5, Terminal 3. Hourly and daily numbers are available.
¥ Sam’s SnoozeatMySpace — sleeping capsules are available on an hourly basis. Location: Terminal 3, International Departures, Exit 17. Cost: US $ 12 / hour (single) and US $ 22 / hour (double).
¥ PlazaPremiumLounge — Separate rooms with toilet and shower. Prices start from 2500 INR minimum charge for 3 hours (single occupancy) and 3500 INR minimum charge for 3 hours (double occupancy). Located in 3 locations: Domestic Arrivals (T3), International Arrivals (T3), Domestic Departures, Public Access Area (1D)
¥ IbisNewDelhiAirport — located between Terminal 1 and 3. The airport shuttle is not available.
¥ HotelDelhiAerocity — (5 minutes from Terminal 3) This budget hotel offers a shuttle service from the airport (24 hours a day) available upon request Rs.480 / — (1 car / 3 passengers) for delivery and Rs.300 / — for disembarking .
To see more options, we offer a list of hotels near the New Delhi International Airport named after Indira Gandhi.
on Tripadvisor, it is possible to select options by price, distance, traveler rating and popularity.
Free Wi-Fi is available at New Delhi Airport. Connecting to the “TataDocomoWi-Fi” network by entering information on the login page, you will need a serial number and a PIN code via SMS. You will need an Indian mobile number to access.
Offered additional services and entertainment during your stay at the airport
- ATMs — available at T3 International Departures and Arrivals • T3 Domestic Departures and Arrivals • T1 Arrivals
- Baby care — diapers, baby cots, toys and more can be found in the ChildCare zone located in each terminal. Strollers are available for use at the airport, free of charge, from T1D and T3.
- Children’s Playground — Location: International Departures
- Currency exchange — CentralBankofIndia offers currency exchange in two places: (T3 / departure of international flights, Shared Access Zone, check-in hall) (T3 / arrival of international flights, Shared Access Zone, BaggageReclaim). ThomasCook offers currency exchange and travel services from eight kiosks located throughout the T3 Domestic Departures and Arrivals and T3 International Departures and Arrivals.
- Drinking water — There are several places in the airport with the location of fountains with water.
¥ DutyFreeShopping — duty free shops available in T3 international arrivals and departures zone. A variety of retail stores are available throughout the airport.
¥ FlightSimulator — Fulfill your dream of becoming a pilot in the cockpit of a flight simulator. The possibility of piloting a Boeing 737 in various conditions of visibility and weather, more than 24,000 airfields to choose from! Location: T3 International Departure Hours: unknown.
- Food and Drinks — food outlets located throughout the airport operate with a different schedule. Open 24 hours: Foodie’s Bar (in T1 • T3 Local arrivals zone • T3 International arrivals zone).
- Games — Amoeba offers a play area that is fun for the whole family. Location: Terminal 3 International and Domestic Arrivals.
- Information Desk — Information booths are located in the T3 Air and Common Zone.
- Luggage Storage — Local and international passengers can store luggage for up to 30 days. Prices depends on the size of baggage: Rs. 80 / — 160 / — for a place with storage up to 2 hours • RS. 20 / — Rs. 40 / — for the place every hour after the storage period exceeded 8 hours • daily rates. Rs. 200 / — Rs. 600 / — place for 1 day. A valid passport or photo ID is required. Location: T3, the junction of the airport with the building (Metrostation) Hours: unknown
- Baggage carts — Currently there is no information on the charge for using carts.
- Baggage packing — T3 common area is available check-in area.
- Medical Services — MedantaMedicity offers first and first aid, location: T1D • T3 Local Departures and Arrivals • T3 International Departures and Arrivals.
- Prayer Rooms — Location: International Terminal, Airside
- Recreation areas — A lounge with comfortable seats located in the international terminal.
- Showers — available at Terminal 3, Arrivals, near WH Smith. Prices: unknown. 12 shower cabins are located in the “Showerand Massage Lounge” mentioned above in the Airport Lounges section. Opening hours: 24 hours. If you are a transit passenger, you can also use Aqua Capsules at the EatonSmartTransitHotel listed in the Hotels section near the airport.
- Non-smoking rooms — Location: T1D, 1st floor • T3 Domestic, intersection near the marketplace • T3 International, intersection at Exit 15.
¥ Spa — Express spa treatments are available at Heaven from EarthSpaExpress at Terminal 1D. O2 Spa offers spa treatments with Thai-Indian treatments located at T3 Local Departures.
- Strollers — if you are traveling with small children, the airport offers free strollers in Terminal 1D.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Buses in New Delhi are cheap for the price of travel and are one of the most common ways to get around the city. The airport is served by public DTC buses and private buses. A convenient bus line is the DTC operated by the AirportExpressRoute 4, which is a fleet of air-conditioned buses operating at frequent intervals between Terminal 3, working at frequent intervals between Terminal 3, ConnaughtPlace and KashmiriGateInterstateBusTerminal. AirportExpress buses provide services for a small fee and have enough space for luggage. Other DTC buses serve Terminal 2. For more precise timetables and fares, go to the IGI AirportBusService website at the New Delhi government website.
Please note: All buses serving Terminal 3 arrive and leave the intermediate zone opposite the CentaurHotel. Airport shuttles provide 24-hour service between this intermediate zone and the airport terminals.
The junction of regional and state buses is located in three bus terminals (ISBT): KashmiriGate ISBT in northern New Delhi, AnandVihar ISBT in Trans-Yamuna and SaraiKaleKhan ISBT in south-east New Delhi.
Carzonrent offers car rental and limousine services with and without driver.
The airport offers free shuttle service between domestic and international terminals. Buses run at intervals of 20 minutes 24 hours a day.
A taxi rank (with air conditioning) is located outside the terminals. The airport offers taxis equipped with GPS navigation. Terminal 3 International Arrivals is served by Meru Cabs and MegaCabs, while Terminal 1C Local Arrivals is served by EasyCabs. Outside the airport, passengers can leave the airport on any of the black and yellow taxis that serve the city of New Delhi.
DelhiAirportMetroExpress is a fast and convenient way to travel between the airport and the city. OrangeLine on the New Delhi Metro Map, AirportExpress runs between DwarkaSector 21 and NewDelhiMetroStation Station, with stops at Terminal 3, DelhiAeroCityMetroStation Station (with transfer to Terminal 1) and ConnaughtPlace. Tickets are sold at the box office at the stations, in vending machines in the arrivals area of the domestic and international terminal and outside the T1 Arrivals area. Passengers traveling on several airlines can check-in at check-in upon arrival at NewDelhiMetroStation. To clarify the schedules and fare, go to the DMRC website.
Long trips can be made using the services of IndianRailwaysNewDelhiStation, the station is within walking distance of NewDelhiMetroStation.