In this section, you will find tourist reviews about Managua Airport in Nicaragua, as well as information about wireless Internet access, the presence or absence of rooms for rest, facilities and services … and yes, even the names of some hotels at the airport in case you decide that sleeping at the airport is unacceptable for you!
«It is impossible to take a nap because of the noise … It seemed that people were hanging out at the airport for the sake of hanging out, regardless of whether they were flying or not» — snowshoecat
To help you plan your arrival or arrival overnight, we have compiled a brief guide based on the feedback from travelers who have visited Managua Airport.
Small and crowded international airport with few seating areas, shops and restaurants. Some observers complained about the lack of proper signs around the airport and the heat and high humidity inside the terminal.
Having a large number of heavily armed guards can console you … or not.
Free Wi-Fi is.
Your only options are hard benches and a floor, so having a sleeping bag or travel mat will come in handy. A travel blanket is also convenient for keeping warm in a cold, overly air-conditioned terminal.
For a normal sleep, there are hotels near the airport.
Taxi drivers at the airport are very aggressive, so be firm and prepare for bargaining! There is an idea to hire a taxi on the main highway outside the airport for a lower fare.
Economy class passengers can pay to use the first class lounge.
In this guide, we can refer to places as “shared zone” and “departure zone”. The common access area is the public area of the terminal located in the unprotected area prior to security. The departure area is a safe area of the terminal, which you must reach after passing through pre-flight control.
- Sala VIP — Location: Zone, Second Floor. Opening hours: 6:00 — 22:00 pm. Restroom. Access: by reservation — Adults: US $ 30 + VAT — Children up to 12 years: 30 US dollars.
Free Wi-Fi is available at Managua Airport.
If you have a long stay at the airport, and superficial sleep in the rest rooms is not for you, then there are several hotels directly near the airport:
- Best Western Las Mercedes Managua — (5 minutes from the airport) A free shuttle to the airport is available on request.
- Hotel Camino Real Managua — (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available on request.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Tripadvisor Airport Managua that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / ATMs — Bancentro, Bac, BanPro — Location: access zone.
- Car rental — Yes.
- Currency Exchange — Global Exchange — Location: Shared Area, International Arrivals / Departure Area, International Flights — Opening Hours: 7:00 — 23:00 pm.
- Duty free Shopping — Duty Free is available, as well as one gift shop, which is located in the public area.
- Food and Drinks — There are no 24-hour restaurants.
- Shower — not available
The airport is open around the clock.
The following car rental companies are available: Budget, Dollar, Hertz, Thrifty, Payless, Toyota Rent a Car. Look at the rental counters in the terminal arrival area.
Last updated: June 6, 2016