In this section, you will find Malta Luca Airport Guide with information on Wi-Fi, recreation areas, facilities and services, traveler reviews about the airport, as well as the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that an overnight stay at the airport is not for you.
“Opposite of KFC there is a children’s play area with carpet on the floor where three people can fit. We took off our shoes and fell asleep like babies. ”
To help organize your time at the airport, we offer traveler reviews on how they spent time at Malta Luca International Airport.
- The only small modern terminal with a selection of shops and restaurants, including a clock. Efficient process organization and friendly staff, according to some travelers.
- There is free (and slow) wifi. Read more about this in the Wi-Fi / Internet section below.
- Travelers who spent the night at this airport describe their overnight stay as safe, quiet, comfortable and hassle-free. Some of them slept in chairs at Costa Coffee, some slept on the floor space, others pitched a tent in the airport. Take a sleeping bag or travel mat for more comfort.
- Near the airport there are hotels where you can relax and spend the night. For more on this, see the Airport Hotels section below.
- Economy class passengers can use the recreation area for first-class passengers for an additional fee. Read more about its location and cost in the Airport Recreation Zones section.
For more information on services and amenities, go down below while continuing to study the Malta Luca Airport Guide. Send us your feedback on the airport to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guidebook we can refer to the location «inside» and «outside». «Outside» is a public area of the terminal, located in the unguarded part, before passing the security check. “Inside” is a protected area of the terminal, which you can reach after passing through security checks.
If you are traveling economy class, you can use the recreation areas at Malta Luca Airport for an additional fee or using the membership program.
Visit a separate page on recreation areas for more information (amenities, opening times, cost information and membership program):
- La Valette Lounge Recreation Area — Location: inside, main departure lounge. Opening hours — around the clock. Access to the lounge: payment at the entrance (29 €), online booking (£ 24), the Priority Pass program is available.
- Departure area La Valette Lounge (Arrival Area) — location: inside, near the baggage claim tape. Opening hours — around the clock. Access to the lounge: payment at the entrance (€ 26), online booking (£ 25), the Priority Pass program is available.
Free Wi-Fi is available at Malta Airport. Connect to the Maltairport Wi-Fi network. In addition, there are paid internet kiosks outside in the Flitebite cafeteria.
If you do not want to stay overnight at the airport, we offer you a list of hotels located near Malta Luca Airport:
- Hotel Hotel Phoenicia Malta (12 minutes from the airport) — chargeable transfer to the airport is possible.
- The British Hotel (15 minutes from the airport) — a paid transfer to the airport is possible.
- Hotel Seabreeze Hotel (15 minutes from the airport) — possible paid transfer to the airport.
The list of all hotels at the airport in Malta will help you find cheap accommodation, on Tripadvisor you can sort by price.
More information about the service, amenities and other features at the airport:
- ATM / ATMs — are both outside and inside.
- Church — location: outside, first floor, near the food court.
- Currency Exchange — Location: outside, arrivals area. Opening hours — around the clock.
- Duty Free and Shopping — Duty Free shops sell perfumes, cosmetics, alcohol and tobacco. Location: inside. Opening hours — around the clock. There is also a good selection of other stores.
- Food and drink — at the airport in Malta, a good choice of round-the-clock catering points: outside — Costa Coffee, inside — Costa Coffee (both Schengen and non-Schengen areas) • Cleland and Souchet Wine Cafe • Hard Rock Bar • Jet Express Cafe
- Luggage Storage — Luggage storage is located outside the check-in area, near the service center of the information center. Cost — from 3 € (up to 6 hours). Opening hours — around the clock.
- Baggage carts — available for a fee. The cost is 2 €, of which 1 € will be refunded.
- Charging mobile devices is possible in several places. There are racks for laptop users in Costa Coffee (in the check-in area) and on the food court.
- Mother and child room — if you are traveling with a small child, this room is equipped with a sofa, a place for changing diapers and a sink. Two children’s changing rooms are located in the Schengen relegation zone.
- Pharmacy — location: outside. Opening hours — 8.00-22.00.
- Showers — no.
The airport is open around the clock.
Malta Airport is served by four express buses (routes X1, X2, X3 and X4) and additional routes to the nearest villages. Bus tickets and additional information are available in the meeting area. For more information on routes, timetables and fares, visit the Malta Public Transport website.
Car rental is located in the meeting area, on the left hand, if you leave the baggage claim area. The following agencies offer rental cars: Avis, Budget, Dollar / Thrifty, Europcar, First Car Rental, Goldcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Malta Transfer offers individual and joint door-to-door trips between the airport and hotels throughout Malta and Gozo. The transfer can be booked online or at the Malta Transfer Reservation Desk located in the baggage claim area.