In this section, you will find reviews of travelers who have visited the airport, as well as our guide to Malmo Airport, with information about Wi-Fi, cafes, amenities and services …. and yes, even the names of some hotels near the airport in case you decide that sleeping at the airport is not for you.
To help you plan your waiting time for a transfer or an overnight stay at the airport, we have compiled for you generalized information from traveler reviews about their stay at Malmo Airport.
A small international airport with a single terminal and super clean common areas, with a limited number of shops and restaurants. We advise you to bring along food and drinks so that you can have a snack after the cafes and restaurants are closed.
• This airport has received positive reviews for providing a pleasant and relaxing night stay. One reviewer found a comfortable sofa in the back of the main hall. Loud announcements are minimal, but it is still better to take earplugs or special headphones to block noise during sleep.
• For uninterrupted and restful sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See the Airport Hotels section in the overview below.
Economy class passengers for a fee can enter the first class recreation area. See Airport Recreation Zones in the overview below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Malmo Airport Guide. Send us your comments about the airport to help us keep this information up to date.
In this review can be used such definitions as «outside» (Landside) and «inside» (Airside). The “outside” zone is a generally accessible area of the terminal, located in the unprotected zone, prior to customs and passport control. “Inside” is a safe part of the terminal, which can be reached through security checks.
If you are an economy class passenger, then you can enter the recreation areas at Malmo Airport by purchasing a guest pass or by joining the membership program. Visit the separate Recreation Area page for more details (facilities, services, opening times, passes and membership information):
• Express Lounge — Location: outside. Opening hours: 6:00 AM — 7:00 PM (Mon — Fri) • Closed (Sat, Sun, holidays). Access to the waiting room: Online booking (£ 22.00) • Priority Pass program.
The airport operates the Cafe Lounge, owned by SAS (Scandinavian Airlines), which creates a special atmosphere for working in peace and quiet or relaxing passengers. Free Wi-Fi is available, as well as snacks. SAS «Cafe Lounge» at Malmo airport, with an area of about 70 square meters, is located near the exits to SAS domestic flights. The lounge is open to passengers of SAS Plus, as well as members of the EuroBonus Gold and Diamond Program for SAS.
Free Wi-Fi is available at Malmo Airport for 3 hours or in a volume of 100mb. Connecting to the network «Swedavia Airport». If you need extra time, you can purchase it with a credit card. Cost: 49 SEK (1 hour) — 129 SEK (24 hours).
In addition, there are Internet stations. Location: outside, reception hall, next to 7-Eleven and inside, next to the restaurant.
If the prospect of spending the night at Malmo airport does not attract you, there are hotels near the airport:
• Sturup Airport Hotel — (less than 10 min walk from the airport) located on the other side of the airport parking. No airport shuttle service.
• Notesjo — (5 minutes from the airport) No Transfer from the airport.
Find a cheap room will help you a list of hotels in the area of Malmo airport on Tripadvisor, where they can be sorted by price.
Additional services, facilities and activities available during transfer at the airport
• ATMs — Yes, available both outside and inside
• Currency exchange — the currency exchange office is located near the main entrance to the airport. Opening hours: tied to flight schedules.
• Duty Free Shopping — There is a Duty Free shop, as well as a couple of inexpensive shops.
• Food and Drinks — At the time of this update, there were no catering facilities open 24 hours at the airport. You will find food options both outside and inside. Drinks and snacks can be found at 7-Eleven before security controls. Opening hours: open 4:30 am — 11:00 pm (Mon — Fri) • 4:00 AM — 11:00 PM (Sat) • 7:00 — 11:00 PM (Sun). Vending machines are also available.
• Luggage room and lockers — Location: down the stairs from the reception area. Prices: from 15 SEK per day.
• Smoking Areas — Smoking is allowed in designated areas, close to gates 7 and 4.
• Weddings — you can get married at Malmo Airport, and then comfortably take a flight to the appointed place for your honeymoon trip. The airport holds church and civil wedding. To hold a church ceremony, you must belong to a Swedish church. The ceremony takes place in the waiting room and lasts two hours. Cost: SEK 3500.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Flygbussarna buses offer flights between the airport and central stations in Malmo and Lund, with stops along the way. Tickets are sold online, at self-service ticket machines, from third-party suppliers and directly on the bus (payment by credit card). Neptunbus offers 3 — 4 direct flights to Copenhagen daily, which are coordinated with all Wizz Air flights. Tickets must be booked in advance for three days.
The following car rental agencies are available on site, near a multi-storey car park: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt and MABI. Sunfleet Carsharing is also working at the airport.
Taxis with a meter and at a fixed price are available directly outside the airport. Fixed rate taxi rates vary by company.