In this section you will find a guide to Lyon Airport with information about Wi-Fi, recreation areas, facilities and services, traveler reviews about the airport, as well as the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that an overnight stay at the airport is not for you.
“I don’t think that spending the night at a French airport is a common thing. The airport staff looked at me a bit strangely, but they didn’t bother me. ”
To help organize your time at the airport, we offer traveler feedback on how they spent time at Lyon Saint-Exupery International Airport.
- Modern international airport with three separate terminals for domestic, international flights and flights from low-cost carriers.
- A wide variety of shops, restaurants and services, especially in terminals 1 and 2.
- There is free wifi. More on this in the Wi-Fi / Internet section below.
- Do not try to sleep in the meager and uncomfortable terminal 3! Terminal 1 is the most popular place to sleep with a sufficient number of comfortable armchairs and sofas (mostly near bars and restaurants that close at night), a relaxed atmosphere, plenty of electrical outlets, and free Wi-Fi.
- Take earplugs or thick headphones with you so that you don’t hear announcements on the speakerphone.
- Near the airport there are hotels where you can relax and spend the night. For more on this, see the Airport Hotels section below.
- Economy class passengers can use one of the recreation areas for first-class passengers for an additional fee. Read more about its location and cost in the Airport Recreation Zones section.
- According to one traveler, vending machines at the railway station have lower prices than machines in the terminal.
For more information on services and amenities, go down below while continuing to explore the Lyon Airport Guide. Send us your feedback on the airport to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guidebook we can refer to the location of «outside» and «inside.» «Outside» is a public terminal area located in the unguarded part, prior to passing the security check. “Inside” is a protected area of the terminal, which you can reach after passing through security checks.
- Dzhari Lounge Recreation Area — Location: Terminal 2, inside, opening hours 5.00-21.00 (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday), 5.00-20.15 (Tuesday, Thursday). Payment at the entrance (28 €).
- Hegoa Lounge Recreation Area — Location: Terminal 1, inside, opening hours 5.00-18.00 (Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday), 5.00-18.15 (Wednesday), 5.00-21.00 (Thursday), 5.00-20.00 (Sunday). Payment at the entrance (28 €).
- Solano Lounge Recreation Area — Location: Terminal 2, inside, only Schengen flights, opening hours 5.00-20.00 (Monday-Friday), 5.00-21.30 (Sat, Sun). Payment at the entrance (28 €).
Free Wi-Fi is available at Lyon Airport.
If you do not want to stay overnight at the airport, we offer you a list of hotels located near the airport of Lyon:
- The NH Lyon Aéroport hotel (30 steps from terminals 1 and 3) — daily accommodation is subject to availability.
- Hotel Kyriad Lyon — Aéroport Saint Exupéry (800 meters from the airport) — free 24-hour shuttle service.
- Hotel Ibis Budget Aeroport Lyon Saint Exupéry (6 minutes on foot from the airport) — a free shuttle service is available from 03.00 to 14.30 and from 16.45 to 23.30 (on weekdays), and from 03.00 to 10.30 and from 16.45 to 23.30 (weekends and holidays )
- Hotel Campanile Lyon Est (5 minutes from the airport) — free transfer.
The list of all hotels at the airport of Lyon will help you find a cheap accommodation, on the website Tripadvisor you can sort by price.
More information about the service, amenities and other features at the airport
- ATM / ATMs — Location: Terminal 1, 2 and Square. Around the clock.
- Baggage carts — a deposit of € 1 is required, if you don’t have a change, you can take free tokens in the arrivals area or in the car park.
- Church — there is a spiritual and interfaith center on the square.
- Currency Exchange — Location: Travelex, Square. Opening hours: 7.30-21.00 (Mon, Wed, Fri-Sun), 7.30-20.00 (Tue, Thu); Travelex in terminal 1, opening hours 6.00-13.05 (Mon-Thu, Sun), 5.45 — 13.05 (Fri), 6.00-14.30 (Sat)
- Duty Free and Shopping — The airport offers three Duty Free stores, as well as a large selection of other stores selling newspapers, magazines and snacks.
- Service for the whole family — the airport provides changing rooms for children in terminals 1 and 2, a children’s play area (the exact location is unknown) and free baby strollers.
- Food and drinks — at the moment there is not a single round-the-clock catering point. There are several coffee shops that open at 5.00, both outside and inside.
- Game zone — location: terminal 1, in the departure lounge number 15; Terminal 2, in the departure lounge number 21.
- Information counter — the information counter is located in both terminals. Hours unknown. On request, assistance can be provided in the meeting area. Opening hours 6.00-23.00 daily.
- Luggage storage — location: service and information center on the square. Opening hours — from 6.00 to 23.00. The cost is 10 € for the first 24 hours and 5 € for each subsequent day. Keys and documents can also be stored for € 5 per item per day.
- Medical services — you can find an airport clinic on the ground floor in the arc building. Opening hours — around the clock.
- Charging mobile devices — 5 points where you can charge your devices are located in the restaurants area in terminal 1.
- Pharmacy — location: on the square, outside. Opening hours 8.00-20.00 (Mon-Fri), 8.00-19.00 (Sat), 10.00-20.00 (Sun).
- Shower cabins are located on the square, level 1. Cost — 12 € for a “comfortable” shower and 7 € for an “eco-friendly unit”.
The airport operates around the clock.
The bus station is located at Terminal 1, on the ground floor, there is an information desk, which is open from 6.00 to 23.00.
The bus service is available for the following municipalities: Genas (bus route No. 29), Meyzieu (bus route No. 30), Pusignan, Saint-Laurent-de-Mur and Jones. A regional bus connects the airport with destinations such as Annecy, Aix-les-Bains, Bourg-en-Bresse, Bourgoin-Jallieux (bus line No. 1950), Chambery, Grenoble and Voiron. Bus line No. 1950 also offers services to El Isle de Abéa, Four Mile, Ville Fontaine, La Verpilliers, Saint Quentin Falllaver.
Seasonal ski buses operate from December to March. The Altibus serves the northern Alps with regular traffic on weekends in Le Minoures, Sant Martin de Belleville, Tignes, Val del Isère and Val Thorens. Starshipper offers direct transfers to Serre Chevalier and Montgenère every Saturday during the season.
A free shuttle service connects the airport with a car rental agency area. The following agencies are represented in this area: Avis / Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Some hotels out of respect for their guests offer transfer services to the airport. Here are some of them:
Ibis Budget Aeroport Lyon Saint Exupery (24-hour transfer), Campanile Lyon Est, Premiere Classe Lyon Est.
Taxis that run over the counter are parked outside the terminal. Possible payment methods: cash, credit cards and bank checks. Current daytime fare (from 7.00 to 19.00): the center of Lyon is € 50 — 55; Eurexpo € 45 — 50; Cité Internationale € 45 — 50; Grenoble € 150 — 160; Moutiers € 230 — 240.
The Rhônexpress tram provides fast and convenient travel between the airport and Lyon, with a journey time of less than 30 minutes one way. Trains depart every 15 minutes at peak times, traveling between the airport’s train station and Lyon Part-Dieu station. It is possible to transfer to the subway lines A and B, as well as to the tram and trolleybus routes. Tickets are sold in a machine at the tram station, at the conductor in the train or online. For more information or to buy an e-ticket, visit Rhônexpress.