In this guidebook you can find reviews of tourists about Lusaka airport, as well as information on Wi-Fi access, a variety of on-site cafes, facilities and services and yes, even hotels at the airport or nearby if you need to spend the night, but sleep at the airport — this is not for you!
I do not want to sleep at the airport or even be there late at night. — Bill
To help you plan your arrival or the possibility of a stopover for the night, we have compiled a guide for you based on the feedback from the tourists who visited Lusaka International Airport.
- A friendly international airport terminal with a very limited number of shops and restaurants.
- One visitor described the departure process as long, inconvenient and uncomfortable, with several checkpoints.
- Inconsistent reviews on the cleanliness of airport latrines
- WiFi at the airport is provided.
- There are only a few benches, and the terminal is very cold. It is recommended to use a sleeping bag.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport.
- Economy class passengers may pay to enter a first class recreation area.
In this manual, we can use the following terms: «shared zone» and «controlled zone». The “public access zone” is a public zone located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. “Controlled zone” is a protected area of the terminal, where you get, having passed the pre-flight control.
- If you are an economy class traveler, you can enter these lounges at Lusaka Airport either by purchasing a pass to the lounges or through the membership program.
- IAPCO Club Lounge- location: in a controlled area. Opening hours: hours vary according to international flight schedules (daily).
- WiFi is available in Lagos airport lounges. It is not known whether WiFi is available throughout the airport.
- Cresta Golfview- (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer is available on request (by email) for $ 18.00 one way.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka- (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available on request (email address) for $ 30.00 one way.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Lusaka Tower- (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer available upon request ($).
- Chita Lodge (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel ($).
- Zebra Guest House — (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer is available for $ 35 dollars.
- Intercontinental Lusaka- (25 minutes from the airport) a luxury hotel in the city center. Transfer to the airport for $ 25 each way
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lusaka Airport on TripAdvisor, which can be sorted by price.
- ATMs — there are
- Business Center — Yes
- Car rental — Yes
- Currency Exchange — Yes
- Food and Drink — Yes
The airport is open 24 hours.
No information available at this time.