In this section, you will find reviews of travelers who visited the airport, as well as our guide to Liverpool airport, with information about Wi-Fi, cafes, amenities and services …. and yes, even the names of some hotels near the airport in case you decide that sleeping at the airport is not for you.
A real diamond turned out to be a meditation room / prayer room. Never seen anything like it … Thanks to John Lennon? — traveler
To help you plan your waiting time for a transfer or an overnight stay at the airport, we have collected for you generalized information obtained from traveler reviews about their stay at the airport. John Lennon, Liverpool.
• A modern, busy international airport with one terminal and a wide variety of shops, restaurants and services, including 24-hour ones.
• A popular place for sleeping passengers is a snack bar, where there are several comfortable sofas.
• Try to wake up before 5:00 in the morning when the bar opens!
• If you have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket, then you can comfortably go to bed on the marble ledge of one of the huge windows of the airport.
• For uninterrupted and restful sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels section in overview below.
Economy class passengers for a fee can use the first-class recreation areas. See Airport Recreation Zones in the overview below.
For more information on available services and features, scroll down to continue exploring our Liverpool Airport Guide. Send us your comments about the airport to help us keep this information up to date.
In this review can be used such definitions as «outside» (Landside) and «inside» (Airside). The “outside” zone is the public area of the terminal, located in the unprotected zone before passing the security check. “Inside” is the safe part of the terminal, which is entered through a security check.
If you are an economy class passenger, you can enter the recreation areas at Liverpool airport by purchasing a guest pass or by joining the membership program. Visit the separate Recreation Area page for more details (facilities, services, opening times, passes and membership information):
Aspire Lounge — location: inside, lower level. Opening hours: 4:30 am to 8:00 pm, daily. Lounge Access: Pay at the door (£ 23.99), online booking (£ 20.99), Priority Pass program.
Free Wi-Fi is available at Liverpool Airport for 30 minutes. Additional time you can pay. Prices range from £ 3 (1 hour) — £ 130 (12 months). In addition, throughout the terminal you can find a number of Internet kiosks with payment for the actually used traffic.
If the prospect of spending the night at Liverpool does not attract you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton by Hilton Liverpool / John Lennon Airport — (2 minutes walk from the airport) Located opposite the John Lennon terminal. Two minutes walk from the baggage claim to the hotel.
- Premier Inn Liverpool Airport — (2 minutes from the airport) there is no airport transfer.
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool — John Lennon Airport — (2 minutes from the airport) there is no airport transfer.
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool — John Lennon Airport — (5 min. From the airport) Airport transfer available at extra charge
Find a cheap room will help you a list of hotels in the area of Liverpool Airport on Tripadvisor, where they can be sorted by price.
Additional services, facilities and activities available during transfer at the airport
Tours of the airport — for groups of 5 people and above. Duration: approx. 2 hours
• Art at the airport — There are a number of collections around the airport dedicated to John Lennon and the Beatles group, as well as those not related to them.
• ATMs — In addition to the standard ATMs located throughout the terminal (inside and out), Travelex has 7 machines that issue euros and sterling.
• Child care options — Pharmacy Boots Drugstore is located in a controlled area and offers a pre-order service for baby milk, just place your order 2 days before the trip and pick it up at the security post, freeing up space in your carry-on bag for other essentials.
• Chapel — As of January 2011, the chapel was closed due to the development of the terminal.
• Currency Exchange — Travelex has 3 currency exchange windows: outside, basement, Reception (hours: 4:00 AM — 7:00 PM) • inside, Upper and Lower Level, Departure Zone (Operating Time: 4:00 AM — 7:12 pm) • outside, Ground Floor, Arrivals Hall (9:00 AM — 12:00 AM).
• Duty Free shopping — The airport offers 2 Duty Free stores, as well as a small selection of stores (WH Smith, souvenir shops, etc.).
• Fast Service Track — As a premium service, customers with Fast Track passes will receive priority service to ensure that expectations are kept to a minimum. Cost: 3.50 BP. Order online.
• Food and Drinks — A supermarket that sells ready-made sandwiches, snacks and drinks, operates 24 hours a day. Location: outside.
• Game room — children’s play areas JLA Sports Games are in 3 places. Location: 2 places inside, lower level and 1 place inside, upper level.
• Luggage storage and lockers — the luggage storage office is located on the first floor. Opening hours: 8:30 am — 5:00 pm. Prices: from £ 3.00 per seat (up to 6 hours)
• Mobile phone charging — There are two special booths for charging equipment at the airport. Location: outside, information desk, and inside, departure hall.
• Prayer Room — Location: Inside, Top Level.
• Smoking — There is an open smoking area, located outside, you can get to it from the lower level, passing by the Kissing Gate Bar Restaurant.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Popular airport bus services include Arriva 500 (Airport Express), Arriva 86 / 86A / 86D, Arriva 80A, 81A, Arriva Arriva 82A / 82B, Arriva 89 / 89A and Merseytravel 883. Use the Walrus contactless card for the convenience of payment of travel.
The following car rental agencies are available at the Car Rental Center located on the ground floor of a multi-storey car park: Avis / Budget, Enterprise / National / Alamo, Europcar and Hertz
Hired vehicles (cabs) are easily accessible at the taxi rank outside the entrance to the airport terminal and can accommodate a maximum of 5 passengers each. Cobs that accept credit and debit cards will have ‘Chip, Pin, Go’ displayed on the sides of the car.