In this section, you will find tourist reviews about Liberia airport, as well as information about wireless Internet access, presence or absence of lounges, amenities and services … and yes, even the names of some hotels at the airport in case you decide sleeping at the airport is unacceptable for you!
“The showers remind me of a prison (the bars on the windows and everything is painted white).” — Venus
To help you plan your arrival or overnight stay, we have compiled a brief instruction based on the feedback from travelers who have visited the airport of Liberia.
A small, open-air international airport with friendly staff and a limited number of restaurants / shops, mostly outdoors.
The food is very expensive.
Wi-Fi is available.
As of December 2016, we have no reviews from travelers who have spent the night at this airport. It is not possible to sleep all night, as most airport staff leaves the airport after the last flight. During the low season, airport employees leave as early as one in the afternoon.
For a normal sleep, there are hotels near the airport.
Economy class passengers can pay to use the first class lounge.
In this guide, we can refer to places as “shared zone” and “departure zone”. The common access area is the public area of the terminal located in the unprotected area prior to security. The departure area is a safe area of the terminal, which you must reach after passing through pre-flight control.
- VIP Lounge — Location: main terminal, departure area. Opening hours: 5:30 AM — 3:00 PM (daily).
Wi-Fi is available at Liberia Airport for a fee. Free Wi-Fi in the cafe area of departure for the purchase.
If you have a long stay at the airport, and superficial sleep in the rest rooms is not for you, then there are several hotels directly near the airport:
- Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport — Located opposite the airport. Free transfer from the airport is provided, the shuttle leaves 10 minutes after each arriving flight.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels in the Liberia airport area on Tripadvisor, which can be sorted by price.
- ATMs — Scotiabank — Location: The public access area, near the main entrance.
- Rent a car — Avis, Budget, Economy.
- Currency Exchange — Global Exchange — Location: Shared Access Zone (Departure Hall) / Control Zone (Arrivals Hall). Operating Hours: 6:00 AM — 8:00 PM (departure) and from 8:00 — 10:00 PM (arrival ).
- Duty free Shopping — Duty Free is available for departing and arriving passengers.
- Food and Drinks — There is a restaurant (not open 24 hours).
- Luggage storage and lockers — not available
- Short shower — not available
The airport is open from 08:00 until the last flight.
Information is absent.
Last updated: June 6, 2016