In this section you will find reviews of travelers who have visited the airport, as well as our guide to Lanzarote Airport, with information on Wi-Fi, cafes, amenities and services …. and yes, even the names of some hotels near the airport in case you decide that spending the night at the airport is not for you.
“In the middle of the night, they told us to go to sleep outside, just because they didn’t want us to stay at the airport !!” It was terrible «- ana
To help you plan your waiting time for a transfer or an overnight stay at the airport, we have compiled for you generalized information from traveler reviews about their stay at Lanzarote Airport.
• There are two terminals: T1 opened in 1999 and serves international flights; The T2 is smaller and older, although it has been renovated, and is used for flights within the Canary Islands.
• catering facilities operate according to flight schedules.
• Overnight at the airport is not allowed.
• For uninterrupted and restful sleep, there are hotels near the airport.
Economy class passengers for a fee can enter the only first class lounge. See Airport Recreation Zones in the overview below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lanzarote Airport Guide. Send us your comments about the airport to help us keep this information up to date.
In this review can be used such definitions as «outside» (Landside) and «inside» (Airside). The “outside” zone is a generally accessible area of the terminal, located in the unprotected zone, prior to customs and passport control. “Inside” is a safe part of the terminal, which can be reached through security checks.
If you are an economy class passenger, then you can visit the recreation areas at Lanzarote airport by purchasing a guest pass or by joining the membership program. See the Recreation Area page for more details (facilities, services, opening times, passes and membership information):
• Guacimeta VIP Lounge — Location: Terminal 1, inside, 2nd floor, near exits 1-2. Schengen and non-Schengen flights. Opening hours: from 6:00 AM — until the last scheduled flight. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (€ 16.94 per adult and € 11.25 per child) • Priority Pass program.
Free and unlimited Wi-Fi is kindly provided at the airport by Kubi wireless.
If the prospect of spending the night at Lanzarote airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
Nautilus Lanzarote — (4 min. From the airport) Airport transfer is available for a fee.
Hotel Beatriz Playa Spa — (5 min. From the airport) airport transfer available for a fee
Costa Sal Villas and Suites — (5 minutes from the airport) airport transfer available for a fee
Find a cheap room will help you a list of hotels near the airport Lanzarote on Tripadvisor, where they can be sorted by price.
Additional services, facilities and activities available during transfer at the airport
• ATMs — Euro Net provides ATMs in the arrivals hall and landing zone T 1.
• Baggage carts — Yes, in stock, but it is not known whether they are free or not
• Children’s corner — Terminal 1, 1st floor, landing zone.
• Duty Free Shopping — There are 2 Duty Free stores, as well as many other stores.
• Exhibitions — Visit the Recreation and Culture Hall, Terminal 2, Departure Hall
• Food and Drinks — Cafes and restaurants are available both inside and outside. All catering establishments seem to operate according to flight schedules.
• Information desk — location: in terminal 1, check-in area, and in terminal 2, arrivals hall
• Medical services — Provided at the emergency station located in Terminal 1, arrival hall.
• Observation deck — exact location and work schedule are unknown.
• Smoking Area — Allowed in the area of the observation deck.
The exact hours of operation of the airport are not known, however, according to reviews for August 2016, overnight stays at the airport are not allowed.
Lanzarote Airport is served by city bus routes 22, 23, 161 and 261, connecting the airport with Arrecife, Playa Honda, Playa Blanca and Puerto del Carmen. Buses stop at Arrivals at T1 and T2. Fares start from € 1.40 one way.
The following car rental agencies are available in T1 and T2: Auto Reisen, Avis, Cabrera Medina, Cicar, Europcar, Hertz, Goldcar and Payless.
Taxis with meters are available in special rows for taxis located at the Arrivals level T1 and T2.