In this section, you will find tourist reviews about La Romana airport, as well as information about wireless Internet access, the presence or absence of lounges, amenities and services, and even the names of some hotels at the airport if you decide that sleeping at the airport is unacceptable for you!
To help you plan your arrival or overnight, we have compiled a brief guide based on the feedback from travelers who have visited La Romana Airport.
Small airport. It was opened in 2000.
- Information about the possibility of spending the night there.
- For a full, long sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See more in the airport manual, hotels section.
Passengers traveling economy class, can purchase for an additional fee a place to stay in specialized airport lounges. For more information about the location of rooms for recreation, services and cost of the hall, see the guide to the airport.
All additional information about the services and amenities of La Romana Airport can be found below. Send us your airport reviews to improve this information.
In the guidebook we will use the following terms: “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone is a public area located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. Airside — the protected area of the terminal, where you get after passing pre-flight control.
If you are traveling in economy class, you can use the one-of-a-time specialized services of La Romana airport for a comfortable wait either by paying one-time fee or using your membership in this or that program. For more information (such as cost, hours of operation, and membership information), see the appropriate section.
More information about the location of the halls of comfortable waiting, cost.
- PremierLounge. Located in the airside, 2nd floor. Opening hours: from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm (daily). Access to the lounge under the PriorityPass program.
Wi-Fi is not available at La Romana Airport.
If you have a long stay at the airport, and superficial sleep in the rest rooms is not for you, then there are several hotels directly near the airport:
- Hotel VecchiaCaserma. Located 6 minutes from the airport. No transfer.
- CasadeCampo. Located 6 minutes from the airport. Transfer is provided.
To find an inexpensive room in a hotel in the airport area, we recommend using the Tripadvisor website.
- Car rent.
- Currency exchange.
- Duty free Shopping.
- Food and drinks. Around the airport there are cafes selling snacks, hot dogs and coffee.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Car rental services are provided by the following agencies: Avis, Europcar, Hertz.
Many operators have fixed prices for general directions. Only cash is accepted for payment: Dominican peso, US dollars or Euros.