Coruna is a city in Galicia, the autonomous community of Spain. The city’s airport, formerly known as Alvedro Airport, serves the region of northwestern Spain. It is located in Coledo, 7 km from the city center. The airport serves about 1 million passengers annually.
There are only two options for arriving in the city: a long-distance bus or a taxi.
This is the only line that connects the airport with the city of Coruna. It stops in Puerta Real, Marina, Plaza de Ourense, Avenida A. Molina Alcampo, Portageo, Corveira and Vilaboa.
One ticket costs 1.50 €.
On weekdays, the bus passes from 07:15 to 21:45. every 30 minutes.
On Saturdays, the bus runs from 07:30 to 22:30.
On Sundays and Holidays, the line runs from 8:30 to 22:30.
In the airport arrival zone you will find a lot of taxis that will take you to your destination if you want to avoid the crowds on the public bus. The price for one trip is about € 20.00.
NOTE. Be sure to ask the driver about the price before your trip, because taxi fares vary depending on the time of day and season.
You can book a private door-to-door service that will be waiting for you at the airport. Be careful, book a reliable company, because there is always a chance that your car will not arrive on time or the driver will charge up. It is recommended to book a transfer online.
If you want to see this area on your own, car rental is the best option for you. Car rental companies are located in the airport terminal. You can choose among Avis, Europcar, Hertz and Enterprise Rent-A-Car. To avoid queues — remove the car online.
This is the perfect solution for large groups. Please note that the bus must be booked in advance, after which the company will inform you about the venue.
For tourists interested in visiting Porto from Galicia, we can recommend a bus, because if you take the train, you will have to change to Vigo. Movelia and ALSA connect Coruna Airport with Porto. The trip takes about 4.5 hours. Ticket costs
The company Monbus provides communication between the two cities at a price of 9 euros per ticket. The trip takes 1 hour and 10 minutes, and the bus leaves several times a day.
Question: The plane arrives late. Will this be a problem for me to get to the city?
- A: No, the bus that connects the airport to the city of Coruna is open all day, but if you arrive after midnight, you can take a taxi for a reasonable price.
Q: I have an early morning flight from the airport, are there any hotels at the airport where I can stay?
- A: Yes, you can stay at the Hotel A’Marisquiera just 2.5 km from the airport or at the Residencia Universitaria Siglo XXI. However, the airport is not far from the city center, so we recommend booking a room there and see the city.
Question: I would like to spend one day in La Coruna between flights. Is it possible
- A: Yes, of course, the airport is very close to the city center. The best way to do this is to take a bus that takes you directly from the airport to the city center and becomes the most convenient means of transportation. Unfortunately, there is no luggage storage at the airport, so you need to take your luggage to the Coruña bus station, where you can worry about your things and attractions without any problems.
Q: I want to continue my journey outside Coruna. Are there any direct lines from the airport to other cities?
- A: From the airport, no. However, in the city center at the bus station, you can choose for yourself a variety of bus routes. Porto and Santiago de Compostela are the most popular destinations, but you can also go to other cities: A Coruña to Madrid, A Coruña to Bilbao, A Coruña to Barcelona.
Q: Can I exchange money at the airport to pay for my trip?
- A: Yes, at the airport there are several exchange offices and ATMs working around the clock and seven days a week, but it is better to exchange money before the trip and have the euro on hand, since the rate will be much higher in place and no currency other than the euro will be accepted.