In this section, you will find tourist reviews about the Kuwaiti International Airport, as well as information about wireless Internet access, the presence or absence of lounges, amenities and services … and yes, even the names of some hotels at the airport if you decide that sleeping at the airport is unacceptable for you!
Kuwait Airport has turned into a mall. — Traveler
To help you plan your arrival or arrival overnight, we have compiled a brief guide based on feedback from travelers who have visited Kuwait Airport.
- A lively sole international airport terminal with a wide variety of shops and restaurants in the public and airside. There are several convenience stores and restaurants.
- Disorderly, undisciplined and inefficient procedures at the airport, especially when landing and passing through passport control. Some tourists report cases of mistreatment or denial of assistance to some foreign nationals by airport staff, especially in the customs / immigration area.
- Flight delay is a common occurrence.
- The ban on smoking in public places is never implemented. Despite the availability of designated smoking areas, travelers can see free smokers throughout the terminal.
- The chronic absence of seats in the airspace means many passengers sitting on the floor while waiting for boarding.
- Foreign citizens can not stay at the airport for more than 3 hours, and overnight stays are out of the question. All tourists who are trying to spend the night here will be escorted to a nearby transit hotel. For Kuwaiti citizens who wish to spend the night at the airport, there is a sleeping area behind a large circular mosque at checkpoints at the departure level.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See the appropriate section below.
- Economy class passengers can use the lounge for the first class for a fee. See the Airport Lounges section below.
For more information about the services and amenities available in Kuwait Airport, scroll down. Send us your airport reviews to help us complete this information.
In the guidebook we will use the following terms: “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone is a public area located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. Airside — the protected area of the terminal, where you get after passing pre-flight control.
If you are traveling in economy class, then you can use the waiting rooms of Kuwait Airport either by paying for this service one-time, or by using your membership in a particular program. For more information (such as cost, opening hours, and membership information), use the detailed hall descriptions below.
- Kuwait Airways Dasman Lounge — location: airside, opposite gates 22 and 23. Hours: around the clock. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (KWD 12.00)
- Pearl Lounge — location: airside, opposite exit 2. There are showers. Opening hours: around the clock.
- Dasman Premier Lounge — location: airside, after exit 26. Hours: around the clock. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (KWD 6.00)
- Pearl Lounge Sheikh Saad — Location: Sheikh Saad Terminal, Airside. Only for Fly Dubai International passengers. Opening hours: around the clock. Access to the waiting room: order online (£ 22.00 — prepayment for 24 hours).
If you do not want to spend the night at the airport, use the following hotels:
- Safir Airport Hotel — located on the airport between the terminals Main and Amiri, has direct access from the runway, this is a hotel for transit passengers.
- Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City — (5 minutes from the airport) airport shuttle services are provided.
- Continental Suite Farwaniya — (5 minutes from the airport) A free shuttle to the airport is provided.
A more detailed list of hotels with the possibility of selection by filters is available on the Tripadvisor website.
There is free wifi. Connect to the network «free.airport.wi-Fi».
- Airport Mall — we will list everything that is available here: duty-free shops, retail stores, food court, restaurants, banks, currency exchange, ATMs, car rental agencies, a pharmacy, a medical clinic, a hairdresser, mobile phone kiosks and hotel booking counters, Convenience stores and restaurants! Location: connected to both lounges (arrivals and departures) of the main passenger terminal. Easy access for passengers, airport staff and the public.
- ATMs / Terminals — yes, you can use it at the airport and at the Airport Mall.
- Banks — there is.
- Rent a car — there is ..
- Currency exchange — yes, there are 3 points involved in currency exchange.
- Duty free Shopping — Watch the section “Airport Mall”
- Food and Drinks — See the Airport Mall section.
- Baggage packing — available around the clock.
- Luggage storage and lockers — no.
- Medical care — the medical center offers round-the-clock medical care for all passengers and airport staff.
- Pharmacy — yes, located in Airport Mall.
- Pharmacy — can be used in the waiting rooms. [Cm. relevant section of the guide].
Works 24 hours.