In this section, you will find reviews of airport visitors, as well as our Guide to Kuala Lumpur International Airport, containing information about Wi — Fi, catering, amenities and services, as well as the names of several hotels located near the airport if you are not interested in relaxing on the airport .
“The long benches were suitable and we pushed a couple of them into a more remote area to make a“ double bed ”” — traveler review
For planning your stay and overnight stay, we offer you a short guide, which is compiled thanks to the feedback from travelers who have visited Kuala Lumpur International Airport in advance.
- The airport is large and consists of: main terminal and contact pier, Satellite A terminal and KLIA 2 (inexpensive terminal).
- The main world center KLIA is large and very busy, but conveniently suitable for recreation.
- Very busy but modern airport. Most travelers report comfort and reasonably clean rooms.
- Travelers feel safe here, airport staff, as a rule, do not pay attention to the numerous sleeping tourists.
- Many cafes are open 24 hours a day.
- Airport terminal areas are cold, so bring a sweater and blanket with you to keep warm.
- Free Wi — Fi is available. See wifi information in the airport manual below.
- Lots of chairs and benches, but they quickly fill up with so many tourists around.
- Many travelers recommend avoiding KLIA2 at night, if possible — the main terminals offer more options.
- The food court on the 2nd floor is quite quiet, many travelers try to sleep here.
- In KLIA2, the arrival hall has two sections fenced off by glass walls — go here to a quieter area.
For uninterrupted sleep there is a transit hotel and berths at the airport, as well as several hotels near the airport. See Hotels near the airport in the airport manual below.
- Showers are available for a fee. See Showers in the airport manual below for location and opening hours.
- Economy class travelers can purchase a pass to many airport lounges, some have a shower. See Airport Lounges in the airport manual below for location and prices.
You will receive up-to-date information about the existing services and tariffs. To do this, go down the page. Send recommendations and suggestions to improve the service and operation of the airport, to form the current information.
In the guidebook the following terms are used, such as “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone represents an open terminal platform into which the passenger enters in front of the pre-flight security control zone. The air zone is a protected zone of the terminal, which you reach by passing through passport and customs control.
For economy class travelers, it is possible to visit the recreation areas at KualaLumpurAirport airport by purchasing a guest pass on the spot or through the participants’ program. Visit the separate lounge page for more details (i.e. locations, hours of operation, and information about the participants program.)
- PlazaPremiumLounge — Location: International Departures Building, Airside, near Exit C11-17. Showers are available. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (from MYR128) • Order online (£ 25.00 — up to 3 hours or £ 35 — up to 6 hours — at least 24 hours advance payment is required)
- Sama-SamaExpressLounge — Location: International Departures Building, Airside, next to Exit C5. Shower enclosures are available. Work hours: 6:00 AM — 10:00 PM. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (from MYR45).
- PlazaPremiumLounge — Location: Gateway to KLIA2, Public Area, near FoodCourt. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Payment at the entrance
- PlazaPremiumLounge — Location: KLIA2, Airside, Level 2, International Departures Floor. Opening hours: 4:00 AM — 12:00 AM. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (from MYR128) • Order online (£ 23.00 — up to 3 hours or £ 35 — up to 6 hours — at least 24 hours advance payment is required)
- PlazaPremiumLounge — Location: KLIA2, Airside, Level 3, International Departures. Opening hours: 7:00 AM — 12:00 AM. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (from MYR128) • Order online (£ 23.00 — up to 3 hours or £ 35 — up to 6 hours at least 24 hours in advance is required)
- Sama-Sama Express Lounge — Location: KLIA2, Airside, Level 3, International Departures. Showers are available. Opening hours: 6:00 AM — 10:00 PM. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (from MYR108.00).
Free Wi-Fi is available at KLIA airport for up to 3 hours of use in one session. Connection to the “FREE_WIFI @ KLIA” network does not require registration. If you do not have your own mobile device, you can access the Internet for free from the Internet kiosks located in the Satellite building.
In case the existing recreation area at Kuala Lumpurwas airport is not comfortable, consider the hotels inside and near the airport:
- SnoozeKL — If you are a transit passenger and are looking for sleep for a few hours, SnoozeKL offers 13 rooms (3 m x 1.5 m in size) with bunk beds. Rooms are equipped with WiFi, alarm clock and charging for mobile devices. You can rent for an hour, the minimum payment will be applied for 3-hours from $ 16.00 USD (for the first 3 hours and $ 6.00 USD every hour after that). Location :. International docking bridge, Airside, near Vykhod G8.
- Sama-SamaExpress KLIA is located at the airport in the Satellite A building near Exit C5. This hotel is for transit passengers only. Do not leave the zone of Malaysian registration of foreigners and customs after landing the flight. A boarding pass is required upon check-in. The rooms are available on an hourly basis, the minimum charge is 6 hours, the price starts from RM 265.00.
- Sama-SamaExpress KLIA2 — located inside the klia2 Satellite Building, Level 3. This hotel is intended only for transit passengers on international flights. Do not leave the zone of Malaysian registration of foreigners and customs after landing the flight. Guests arriving from the KLIA main terminal or Domestic flight are required to check in their bags the current boarding pass for the next flight (must be an international flight) before being admitted to the klia2 Satellite building. The rooms are available on an hourly basis, the minimum charge is 6 hours, the price starts from RM 180.00.
- Sama-SamaHotel (formerly PanPacificHotel) — This hotel is connected to the main terminal via a closed air bridge. It is a 5-minute walk from the Arrivals hall, you can get there using a free mobile vehicle from the hotel (open 24/7). You can even register in the baggage area (Carousel F) from 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM. Rooms are available for a 3, 5 or 7 hour stay.
- CapsulebyContainerHotel — (10-15 minutes walk from the KLIA2 Arrivals hall) The first Malaysian capsule hotel is located at the KLIA2 Transport hub. The hotel has male, female and mixed capsules; shower cabins; bar; common area / lounge and locker for rent. If you arrive at KLIA, you will need to take the Express train to KLIA2 station (RM 2.00). Capsules are booked for 6, 9 or 12 hours, starting at RM 80.
- TuneHotel — Budget hotel, connected to KLIA2 through a closed passage and is a 10-minute walk from the Arrivals hall. KLIA Express delivers passengers from KLIA in 3 minutes.
- youiQ Hotel — (15 min from KLIA) A budget-friendly option near the airport. Transfer from the airport is available for RM5.30 per person, in one direction, the ticket includes 1 carry-on baggage and 1 suitcase, for extra space you pay RM10.60 for a suitcase and RM5.30 for hand baggage. Delivery from the Airport is carried out according to the schedule from the hotel, you must request it within 48 hours.
To see more options, we offer a list of hotels in the Tripadvisor Kuala Lumpurn airport area, the options can be selected by price, distance, traveler rating and popularity.
Offered additional services and entertainment during your stay at the airport
- ATMs Location: Main Terminal Building (Departures Hall, Arrivals Hall, Connecting Pier) • Satellite building
- Child Care The rooms of the Mother and Child are equipped with a children’s bed, a changing table, chair and washbasin. Location: Main Terminal Building • Connecting Pier • Satellite Building
- Baggage carts — located in convenient areas throughout the airport. Provided for free.
- Banks- CIMB Bank offers a full range of bank services at the airport. An independent exchange of foreign currency is available. Location: Main Terminal, Departure Level. Work time: 7:30 AM — 10:30 PM daily.
- Business center — printing, fax, photocopies and various business services are available.
- Car rental — Yes, see our airport transfer section below.
- Children’s Playgrounds — Children’s Zone Location: Main Terminal, Level 5 • klia2, Airside, International Satellite Departure, Level 2, near ElleCafe.
- Currency Exchange — Nine currency exchange offices are available at the airport. Location: Main Terminal Building • Interconnecting Pier • Satellite building.
- DutyFreeShopping — duty free shops are available, as well as a wide range of retail stores.
- Food and Drinks — A variety of food options are available. At the moment, we are not aware of the availability of round-the-clock food items. However, there are several convenience stores that are open 24 hours • KK Supermart (Main Building Level 3, Free Access Zone next to S-T baggage claim) • 7-Eleven (Main Building, Arrivals, 3rd level, close to customs) • 7-Eleven (Domestic Building, Pier Q, Level 1A).
- Gym — Gym is available at the SamaSamaExpressHotel. Price: RM 30.00 per person includes towel, soap and shampoo
- Information Desk — Location: Main Terminal, Level 5 • Satellite Building, International Departure / Arrival • Interconnecting Pier, International Departure / Arrival. Malaysian Visitor Center is open 24 hours a day. Location: Main Terminal, 3rd floor.
- Luggage storage Enjoy the free movement of leaving your luggage in the left-luggage office! The cost of storage is indicated for a bag / for a period of 24 hours, from RM19.00 to RM51.00, depending on the size of the baggage. Oversized items are accepted. Available discounts for objects that are stored longer than 7 days. Medium and large baggage cells are available for RM40.00 — RM51.00 1 cell / for a 24-hour period. Location: Main Terminal, Level 3, Arrivals Hall • klia2, Shared Area, Level 2, Arrivals. Opening hours: 24 hours.
- Baggage Wrap- Protect your valuables! Get your wrapped baggage at the airport and use the SuperStrap disposable belt for extra protection. Both services are available in the main terminal departure hall (public area).
- Medical services -MenaraMedicalGroup offers first and first aid. Location: Main Terminal, Level 5, Departure Hall. Opening hours: 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging — A few items to charge mobile devices. It may be difficult to find them. Exact places are unknown.
- Cinema — Enjoy free movies in a comfortable setting. Location: klia2, Airside, International Satellite Flight Level 2, next to ChocolatteBar.
- Lookout — Location: Shared Area, at the end of the main terminal building past the food hall.
- Pharmacy — PusrawiHealthProShoppe (Location: Main Terminal, Level 5) • Guardian (Location: Satellite Building, Level 1, Western Zone) Working hours: 6:00 AM- 12:00 AM
- Post Office — Location: main terminal, Shared Area. Opening hours: 8:30 AM — 5:00 PM (Mon — Sat).
- Prayer Rooms — Quiet rooms are located in the main terminal building, 5th level, Departure Hall. Prayer rooms for Muslim tourists and travelers are located in three places:
Main terminal building (at all levels)
Binding pier: near Exit B2-B10 (international flights), then go to the counter (domestic flights)
Satellite Building: Ground Floor, Exit C11-C17 and Exit C21-C27
- Reflexology and Massage Center — Location: Lot SATP B1, Passenger Level, Satellite Building, KLIA (leading to Exit C1-C5, next to smoking room). Opening hours: 7:00 AM — 1:00 AM Mon-Sat (closes at 12:00 am on Sundays) Prices depend on the volume of services.
- Rest Areas — Rest N Go offers a small oasis of rest and relaxation in the middle of the Main Terminal. You are waiting for a comfortable massage chair! Location: Main Terminal, Public Access Zone, opposite AirAsia cash desks.
- Showers — Showers are available on Sama-SamaExpress. Rate: RM 42.00 per person, includes towel, soap and shampoo. A free cold shower is available on the 4th floor, past the cafe.
- Smoking Areas — Location: Coherent Pier, Local Flight Level, near Exit B2 • Satellite Building, Lower Level, near Exit C11 and C31
- Spa — Massage and a number of treatments for hair in the beauty salon WellnessSalon. Location: Satellite Building, Ground Floor, 2nd level, East Zone, opposite EmiratesLounge • WellnessSpa Location: klia2, International Departures, Level 3, near Popeye’s Chicken • WellnessSpa Location: Satellite Building, Ground Floor, 2nd level, East zone opposite prayer rooms.
- Telecommunications — Internet access, phone calls, phone card replenishment, and much more are freely available at MultimediaPhoneKiosks, located in the Satellite Building. Cash, coins and credit cards are accepted.
- TV zone — Location: throughout the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Car rental agencies can be found in the KLIA arrivals hall: Avis (C6 rack), Hertz (B10 rack), InsasPacific (C4 rack), KasinaBaru (B16 rack), Mayflower (C1 rack), Orix (C2 rack) and Pantas (CR17 , block D, parking).
- ExpressCoach is an express bus service that connects KLIA and KL Sentral railway stations. Buses leave every 30 minutes, the journey takes about an hour. One way fare: RM10.00 for adults (RM6.00 for children) and return fare: RM18.00 for adults (RM10.00 for children). Opening hours: 5:00 AM — 12:00 AM (from KL Sentral) and 6:30 AM — 12:30 AM (from KLIA).
- The route inside the airport — the bus runs between KLIA and klia2 or Nilai. The journey time between KLIA and klia2 is 30 minutes, and the journey time between KLIA and Nilai is 45 minutes. One-way fare: RM3.00 for adults and RM1.00 for children.
- The city route is a transfer between KLIA and klia2 for RM1.50 for an adult, one-way fare / from Banting for RM3.50 for an adult.
- AirportCoach provides scheduled traffic between KLIA, klia2, Muar and BatuPahat.
- Sepang Omnibus provides a route between KLIA and Banting, Nilai or BukitChanggan.
- StarShuttle provides a route from KLIA to KL Sentral, to hotels in the city center and other local cities and destinations.
Travelers are offered a choice of 4 different types of taxis and limousines: Economy taxi (taxi up to 4 passengers), PremierLimo (upgraded car up to 5 passengers), SuperLuxury (JaguarType-S taxi up to 3 passengers) and FamilyService (minivanKiaPregio up to 8 passengers). Passengers should purchase a coupon at Limo airport ticket offices located in the international arrival hall (after customs, but before the general Arrival Zone), the Arrivals Domestic Arrivals lounge (free zone after DomesticBaggageClearance) and the receipt of Domestic arrivals at the Arrivals level.
Certain taxis are also available at levels 1 and 3 of the main terminal building. Coupon RM2.00 is required in order to board one of these taxis. Taxi economy and executive class are available, the trip between 12:00 AM — 6:00 AM comes with a 50% surcharge.
KLIA is served by two railway lines. KLIA Ekspres is a comfortable, modern service that transports passengers between KLIA and KL Sentral railway station in just 28 minutes. Adult ticket is RM55.00 (one way) and RM100.00 (there and back — valid for one month), reduced prices for children up to 12 years. KLIA Transit is a suburban service that makes three stops on its way between KLIA and KL Sentral. Trains leave every 15 minutes during peak hours. For more information on any of these trains, visit the KLIA Ekspres website.
Travel Tips: You can get a 10% discount when using their application or self-service kiosk, but not at the box office. And another 10% discount when paying Mastercard (this way we learned by chance when making a payment — this is not reported anywhere!).