In this section, you will find tourist reviews about Kingston Airport in Yamaica, as well as information about wireless Internet access, presence or absence of lounges, facilities and services … and yes, even the names of some hotels at the airport in case you decide that sleeping at the airport is unacceptable for you!
“Do not be deceived by an early flight call. The Jamaican security service checks you DOUBLE more on the way to the plane, and when you board the plane (which is fried in the sun), you will have to wait at least 20-30 minutes. ” — Kevin
To help you plan your arrival or arrival overnight, we have compiled a brief instruction based on the feedback from travelers who visited Kingston Airport.
Bright and modern international airport with comfortable seating, colorful shops and an easily accessible food court.
Red Stripe beer and rum can be tasted all day and night, so enjoy, but do not overdo it!
Free Wi-Fi is.
As of July 2016, we did not have any reviews of travelers who tried to sleep at this airport. However, one recent review mentions that the benches at the airport look comfortable enough to sleep.
For a normal sleep, there are hotels near the airport.
Economy class passengers can pay to use the first class lounge.
In this guide, we can refer to places as “shared zone” and “departure zone”. The common access area is the public area of the terminal located in the unprotected area prior to security. The departure area is a safe area of the terminal, which you must reach after passing through pre-flight control.
If you are an economy class traveler, you can enter these lounge rooms at Kingston Airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the page for more details (i.e. what is available, opening hours, and other membership information.):
- Club Kingston — Location: Departure Zone, Mezannine Level. A short shower is available. Opening hours: 4:00 AM — 9:00 PM (daily). Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (US $ 30), Book Online (£ 25.00 — reservation not less than 24 hours is required), Priority Pass
Wi-Fi is available at Kingston Airport in the lobby of the Ticketing Area.
If you have a long stay at the airport, and superficial sleep in the rest rooms is not for you, then there are several hotels directly near the airport:
- Altamont Court Hotel — (28 minutes from the airport) No airport transfer. They can arrange a third party transfer for you, approximately, US $ 30.00 one way.
- Liguanea Club — (28 minutes from the airport) members-only sports and fitness club with lodging, open to foreign tourists. No airport shuttle service.
- Indies Hotel — (28 minutes from the airport) A budget hotel not far from New Kingston. No airport shuttle service.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Kingston Airport on Tripadvisor, which can be sorted by price.
- ATMs — National Commercial Bank (NKT) — Location: Departure Area, Customs Hall / Shared Access Zone, Arrivals Hall — Dual Currency ATM.
- Changing room — available in all toilets in the departure area.
- Baggage carts — yes, available for free in the baggage claim area.
- Car rental — Yes.
- Currency Exchange — Global Exchange — Shared Area / Departure Zone.
- Duty free Shopping — Duty Free is available, as well as a small selection of shops to spend time.
- Food and Drinks — During this update, there were a variety of food concessions at the airport, including several that are open 24 hours.
- Information desk — Location: common access area, arrival and departure halls / departure zone, passport control.
- Short Shower — Available at the Kingston VIP Lounge.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Last updated: September 11, 2016