In this guidebook you will find tourist reviews about KingShaka Airport (Durban), as well as information on Wi-Fi access, various cafes in the area, facilities and services and yes, even hotels at the airport or nearby if you need to spend the night, but sleeping at the airport is not for you!
This airport has no seating for passengers. I am disabled and I had to sit on the floor with my fellow travelers to wait for my flight. — traveler
To help you plan your arrival or the possibility of a stopover for the night, we have compiled a guide for you based on the feedback from the tourists who visited KingShaka International Airport (Durban).
- A small but modern and busy international airport with one main passenger terminal, divided into two levels.
- A large variety of shops and restaurants are available at the airport, and is open until 11:00 pm. There are food and drinks convenient for a night snack if you plan to spend the night.
- One visitor reported the lack of seats in the airport terminal.
- Free WiFi access is available.
- As of December 2016, we have no reviews from travelers who have spent the night at the airport. Write your own review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport.
Economy class passengers may pay to enter a first class recreation area.
In this manual, we can use the following terms: «shared zone» and «controlled zone». The “public access zone” is a public zone located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. “Controlled zone” is a protected area of the terminal, where you get, having passed the pre-flight control.
- If you are an economy class traveler, you can enter these lounge rooms at KingShaka Airport (Durban) either by purchasing a pass to the lounges or through the membership program.
- BidvestPremiumLounge- location: terminal for domestic flights, controlled area, 3rd floor. Showers are available. Access to the waiting room: books online (£ 20.00 — it takes at least 24 hours prior to purchase)
- UmphafaLounge- location: international terminal 1, controlled area, 3rd floor. Showers are available. Access to the waiting room: books online (£ 24.00 — a minimum of 24 hours of purchase is required)
- ShapesofAfricaRusticStayover — (5 minutes from the airport) rest in your room “rondawel” (traditional Zulu huts). Airport transfers are available on request R100 each way. Attention — Registration ends at 8:00 pm.
- DeCharmoyEstateGuestHouse — (8 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available on request R200.00 each side.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near TripAdvisor Airport KingShaka (Durban), which can be sorted by price.
- ATMs — there are
- Babysitting services — changing tables are located in the women’s toilets at the airport.
- Rental cars — Avis • Budget • Dollar • First Car Rental • Hertz • Thrifty • Woodford.
- Church / Prayer Room — prayer rooms are available for Muslim travelers.
- Currency Exchange — currency exchange is located in the arrivals area of international flights and the terminal. Opening hours: when international flights arrive and depart. ABSA Bank. Location: in the common room. Opening hours: 30 minutes before the first flight and 30 minutes after the last flight.
- Food and drink — restaurants, located in the public area, and in the controlled area.
- Reference Bureau — the iCenter website is located in the departure terminal.
- Observation Deck — Location: Domestic Terminal, Ground Floor
- Pharmacy — link is at the airport. Unfortunately, there is no time and location.
- Post Office — Location: common room. Opening hours: it opens 30 minutes before the first flight and 30 minutes after the last flight.
- Showers — available in the lounge BidvestPremiumLounge.
- For smokers — the hotel has a room for smokers inside the BidvestPremium Lounge.