In this guidebook you can find reviews of tourists about Khartoum airport, as well as information on Wi-Fi access, a variety of on-site cafes, facilities and services and yes, even hotels at the airport or nearby if you need to spend the night, but sleep at the airport — this is not for you!
Garbage containers are cleaned on a strict schedule, so trash accumulates around them. Toilets can only be found by unpleasant smell. I recommend that you first look at the toilets and then decide whether you really want to eat or drink something. — Wolfram
To help you plan your arrival or the possibility of a stopover for the night, we have compiled a guide for you based on the feedback from the tourists who visited Harare International Airport.
- The spacious and modern, newly built International Airport, consisting of one main passenger terminal, in which a small number of shops and restaurants. The terminal is clean and air conditioned.
- You need patience and flexible schedule, as flights, as a rule, are not scheduled.
- Beware of unofficial flights.
- Check-in at the airport is chaotic and unorganized. There are no lines or lines. Here, each person is for himself, so watch out for sharp elbows if your goal is to get to the top of the crowd!
- The no smoking sign is largely ignored.
- Possible language barrier. Basic knowledge of Arabic is useful!
- Lack of information boards or announcements for landing.
- As of December 2016, we have no reviews from travelers who spent the night at the airport. Write your own review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. View hotels at the airport in the airport manual below.
In this manual, we can use the following terms: «shared zone» and «controlled zone». The “public access zone” is a public zone located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. “Controlled zone” is a protected area of the terminal, where you get, having passed the pre-flight control.
According to Wikipedia, the new terminal is scheduled to open in 2012.
At the moment we can not confirm whether the first class rooms are available.
At the moment we can not confirm whether there is Internet access at the airport.
- Abbasher Palace Hotel — (5 min drive or 15 min walk from the airport) Airport transfer available upon request.
- Assaha Hotel- (7 minutes from the airport) free transfer from the airport is available on request.
- Kanon Hotel — (7 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available on request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Harare Airport on TripAdvisor, which can be sorted by price, distance, traveler rating and popularity. Also, to find the cheapest room, visit their website Khartoum, Sudan Deals and enter your dates.
- Food and drink is the only source of food from the vending machine.
At the moment we can not confirm the opening hours of the airport.
Information not currently available.