Seville Airport at San Pablo (SVQ), also known as Aeropuerto de Sevilla, is the sixth busiest international airport in Spain and serves about 4.5 million passengers in Western Andalusia in southern Spain. The airport mainly serves as a base for low-cost companies such as Vueling and Ryanair.
To get to the city center and vice versa, take the bus (Line EA). The bus stop is in the terminal, and tickets can be bought directly from the driver. The ride takes about 30 minutes. The cost of a single ticket — 4 € (back 6 euros). The first bus leaves at 4:30 from the Plaza de Armas and the last at 0:15 from the airport every day.
The best way to get to Santa Justa train station (located in the center) is to take the previously mentioned EA line, which passes by the train station.
Taxi drivers are always waiting outside the terminal, and a trip to the city usually costs 20-25 euros, but be careful and agree on the price in advance, because they can inflate the price of the trip.
A safer option than a taxi service is to book a door-to-door trip, which is especially convenient if you carry a lot of luggage. The driver will be waiting for you in the arrival area with your name. Do not worry if your plane is late, the company controls the arrival of the flight.
Car hire at Seville Airport is organized by Avis, Enterprise, Goldcar, Budget. Better to book it online.
If you arrive with a larger group of people (10+), the best option is to rent a bus before you arrive. After that, bus rental companies will inform you about the venue.
Question: Flight is delayed. Will it be problematic to get to the city?
- A: No, the local bus (Especial Aeropuerto) runs very often (about every half hour). The last one leaves from the airport at 0:15, but if you missed them all, you can always call the official airport taxi, which operates around the clock and without days off.
Q: I have an early morning flight from the airport, are there any hotels at the airport where I can stay?
- A: The nearest hotel is located 6 kilometers from the airport — Hotel Sevilla Congresos (4 *), it provides free Wi-Fi, an outdoor pool. However, the airport itself is not too far from the city center, just 10 km away.
Question: I would like to spend one day in Seville between flights. Is it possible
- A: Yes, of course. The best way to do this is to take a local bus that takes you from the airport to the city center. Unfortunately, there is no luggage at the airport, but you can leave your bags at the Plaza de Armas station for 5 € / day.
Question: I continue my journey outside Seville. Are there cheap bus routes from the airport to other cities?
- A: There are no direct lines from the airport, but you can take a bus to other cities as soon as you get to the Plaza de Armas bus station and choose one of the popular routes, such as Seville — Cordoba, Seville — Malaga.
Q: Can I exchange money at the airport to pay for my trip?
- A: Yes, ATMs and exchange offices are located on the first floor, but it would be better to exchange money before the trip and have the euro on hand, since the rate will be much higher in place, and other currencies other than the euro are not accepted.