Euroairport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg is an international airport located in Mulhouse, France, but it is in close proximity to the borders of Switzerland and Germany. It serves as a base for easyJet Switzerland and Belair and offers many flights to European capitals and resorts. In 2015, the airport served more than 7 million passengers.
route 50: connects Euroairport with Basel railway station (Bahnhof SBB), the journey takes 20 minutes
route 2: connects Euroairport — Basel — Badischer Bahnhof (German railway station).
the proposed method of transportation is to take the bus to the train station in St. Louis and take the train.
bus at the airport: connects the Freiburg Central Bus Station (ZOB) and Euroairport, tickets can only be bought from the bus driver, the cost is 19.90 € per fare, and the journey takes 55 minutes.
Euroairport is not directly connected to the railway system. However, there are buses to the train stations in Basel with trains to France, Germany and Switzerland.
If you want to avoid crowds in public transport, take a taxi. You will find taxi drivers waiting in the arrival hall at the airport. To avoid stress and possible waiting for a car, order it online. The price for one trip to Basel is 45.00 euros, to Freiburg 125.00 euros and to Mulhouse € 50.00.
NOTE. Keep in mind that at night the prices are 20-30% higher.
If you do not like to use public transport or taxi — think about booking a private transfer, which will be waiting for you at the airport and will take you to the hotel or wherever you need. The transfer company will send a professional driver to pick you up. You can even order a baby seat if you are traveling with a child.
For those of you who would like to get to the city and explore the surroundings on your own, the best option is to rent a car right at the airport. There are several car rental companies such as Avis, Europcar, Sixt, Eurohertz and others. They are located in the terminal building in halls 1 and 4, level 2. Save time and book your car online.
For larger groups, we recommend renting a bus at the airport. However, it is better to book it on the Internet. This will allow the rental company to arrange all the details of the trip and inform you about the meeting place in advance.
Question: My plane is late. Will it be a problem for me to get to the city?
- A: depends on which city you want to go to. The best connection is between Basel and the airport, but you can always take a bus to Mulhouse or Freiburg or take the train to Basel and go there. If none of these options suit you, then a taxi is also a way, but expensive.
Q: I have an early morning flight from the airport, are there any hotels at the airport where I can stay?
- A: The closest hotel to the HotelF1 is 2 km from the airport, the Berlioz hotel and the Ibis Hotel are 2.2km away. They offer full service at a reasonable price, and you can even call and ask them to meet you at the airport.
Question: I would like to visit Basel between flights. Is it possible
- A: Yes, the airport is not far from the city of Basel, and you can reach it in less than 20 minutes. Buses depart many times a day, so you should take a small tour of the city. However, there are no luggage lockers at the airport, so it’s best to take your luggage with you to the station and leave it in the luggage compartment.
Q: Can I exchange money at the airport to pay for my trips?
- Answer: Yes, you can exchange money right at the airport, there are also ATMs if you need to withdraw money.
Question: I continue my journey beyond Basel. Are there any direct routes to other cities in the region?
- A: You can go to Mulhouse and Freiburg directly from the airport, as mentioned above. For other routes, you should go to Basel Station and see the proposed routes and timetables. We offer you a few: Freiburg — Karlsruhe, Freiburg — Strasbourg, Basel — Mulhouse, Mulhouse — Paris.