In this section, you will find reviews of airport visitors, as well as our Ho Chi Minh City Airport Guide, containing information about Wi — Fi, catering facilities, facilities and services, as well as the names of several hotels located near the airport if you are not interested in relaxing on the airport.
For planning your stay and stopping for the night, we offer you a short guide, which is compiled thanks to the reviews of travelers who have visited Ho Chi Minh Airport in advance.
- Two terminals, international and domestic. T1 was recently renovated, as a rule, equipment is better than in T2.
- Recent improvements have made a better safety line than before, night guests are not a problem for employees.
- Unfortunately, the well-known corruption in Vietnam has spread to life at the airport. There are many reports of bribery and theft, in addition to general complaints of rude and unhelpful employees. One visitor paid a bribe to be allowed on time to board his plane!
- Flights depart around the clock, so travelers are all night.
- Restaurants close to 11:00 PM.
- Free Wi — Fi is available. See WiFi in the airport manual below.
- The zone of free access in the international terminal has the largest space for recreation. The first floor does not have a large number of seats, but there is quiet. On the third floor in the WellwishersGallery there are much more seats, it seems that many night travelers in this area — although there is noisier, (Trvthseeker, March 2013).
- There is a seating area in the International Terminal with special sleep chairs and sun loungers. See recreation areas in the airport manual below.
- Cafes and restaurants are located nearby, travelers moved chairs and benches to a more comfortable seating area — some airport staff does this, too.
- The airport is hot enough and the air conditioning seems to work poorly.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide a shuttle to the airport. See Hotels near the airport in the airport manual below for more information.
Economy class travelers can purchase a pass to many airport lounges, some have a shower. See Airport Lounges in the airport manual below for location and prices.
You will receive up-to-date information about the existing services and tariffs. To do this, go down the page. Send recommendations and suggestions to improve the service and operation of the airport, to form the current information.
In the guidebook the following terms are used, such as “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone represents an open terminal platform into which the passenger enters in front of the pre-flight security control zone. The air zone is a protected zone of the terminal, which you reach by passing through passport and customs control.
For economy class travelers, it is possible to visit the recreation areas at Ho Chi Minh City Airport by purchasing a guest pass on site or through the program of participants. Visit the separate lounge page for more details (i.e. locations, hours of operation, and information about the participants program.)
- SASCO BusinessClassLounge — Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, in front of Gate 14. Hours: 04:30 AM — 11:00 PM (Daily). Access to the waiting room • Book online (£ 25 — at least 24 hours in advance is required)
- LotusLounge 1 — Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 1st floor. Opening hours: 4:30 AM — the last regular flight. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (VND 350000 or US $ 15 for the 3rd hour).
- LotusLounge 2 — Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, in front of Exit 14. Hours: 4:30 AM — the last scheduled flight. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (VND 350000 or US $ 15 for 3 hours).
- ApricotLounge- Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd floor, next to Exit 9. Showers are available. Work time: 6:00 AM — 2:00 AM. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (30 USD for 3 hours).
- LotusLounge — Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3rd floor. Work time: 6:00 AM — 2:00 AM. Showers are available. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (30 USD for 3 hours).
- OrchidLounge — Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd floor, near Exit 9. Hours: 6:00 AM — 2:00 AM. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance (30 USD for 3 hours). Access to the waiting room: • Order online (£ 25 for 3 hours or £ 30 for 5 hours — at least 24 hours in advance is required)
In case the existing recreation area at Ho Chi Minh Airport is not comfortable, consider hotels near the airport:
- GoldenViewHotel — (4 min drive from the airport) Meeting at the airport service is available on request, $ 35.00 USD one way.
- IrisHotel — (3 min drive from the airport) no transfer from the airport is available, but you can order a taxi to return to the airport, the price is approximately 50.000 VNĐ.
- SunflowersHotel — (4 min drive from the airport) Airport transfer available ($).
- ParkRoyalSaigon — (5 min drive from the airport). Airport transfer available upon request.
To see more options, we offer a list of hotels in the HoChiMinhCityAirport area on Tripadvisor; you can choose the options by price, distance, traveler rating and popularity.
Free unlimited Wi-Fi is available at Ho Chi Minh City Airport Domestic and International Terminal. Connecting to the TSN FreeWifiExpress network.
Offered additional services and entertainment during your stay at the airport
- ATMs — Vietinbank, HSBC, Agribank, MB Bank, ShinhanBank, ANZ, Eximbank, Vietcombank, CommonwealthBank, Citibank, BIDV.
Internal Terminal — Located 6 ATMs on the first floor opposite Entrance D2, Departure Hall and 7 ATMs on the first floor opposite Entrance D2.
International Terminal: 13 ATMs are located near Entry D1 and D2, Departure Corridor.
- Baggage Wrap — Different locations. Price: VND 80,000 — 100,000 (depending on the size of the baggage).
Internal terminal — near the entrance D2, opposite the registration zone of lines A B and Departure Zone escalator
International terminal — near the entrance of D1 and D2.
- Bank — VietinBank is located in the Domestic Terminal, opposite the entrance to D2.
- Car rental — Yes, see our airport transfer section below.
- Children’s Playground — Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd floor corridor, next to Exit 21-22.
- Currency exchange — Various locations in the international terminal: Airside, near Exit 17 and 18 • Free access zone, opposite the D line check-in area, (Departure hall) • On the left side outside the immigration racks (Arrivals hall) • Arrivals hall,
- Drinking water — Free drinking water is available at various locations:
Internal terminal — Airside, opposite Exit 5, 10 and 16.
International Terminal — Airside, opposite Exit 15, 16 and 18 • luggage tape No1 and 6 (Arrivals hall), transit zone.
- DutyFreeShopping — DutyFree available at the airport. Opening hours: Not known. A small number of different stores.
- Food and beverage facilities — There are restaurants, but there are no 24-hour food service points. Opening time 60 minutes before the first flight, closing time 30 minutes after the last flight. Fresh 2 Go convenience stores will be located in the international terminal, starting in September. Location: 1st Floor, Free Access Zone • 2nd Floor, Free Access Zone.
- Foot Care — Location: International Terminal, Airside, Departure Hall, 3rd floor.
- Information Racks — Various locations. They speak Vietnamese and English.
Internal Terminal — Departure Hall D2 entrance. (Hours: 5:00 AM — 9:00 PM) • Arrival Hall (hours: 7:30 AM — 11:30 PM).
The international terminal is the arrival zone. (Hours: 7:00 PM — 12:00 AM) • check-in area opposite lines C, D. (Hours: 7:30 AM — 12:00 AM) • recreation area Gate 10-14. (Opening hours: 7:00 AM — 12:00 AM).
- Luggage storage and safes — Location: International Arrival Terminal, first floor, next to pillars 13 and 14. Hours: open 24 hours. Prices: up to 10 hours (VND 25,300 / pcs per hour) • More than 10 hours (VND 253,000 / pcs per day).
Indoor Terminal — Massages are offered at SenVietSpa — Location: Airside, opposite Exit 10.
The international terminal — Footspa is located in the Airside on the 3rd floor and the Relaxinglounge is located on the 2nd floor of the Airside near Exit 6-9.
- Medical Services — In an emergency, call the hotline at (08) 38 485 383 — 3408.
Between the Local Arrivals and Departures Terminal, near entrance D2. Telephone Number: (08) 38 485 383 — 3307
Exit 18 — Departure Hall — International Terminal. Telephone Number: (08) 38 485 383 — 5422
Exit 17 — Departure Hall — International Terminal. Telephone Number: (08) 38 485 383 — 3408
A2 entrance, next to the service desk MaiLinhTaxi — Arrival Hall — International Terminal. Telephone number: 38 485 383 — 4066
- Mobile Charging — Free charging stations can be found in the Local Terminal at the following locations: D1 entrance, opposite VietnamAirlines kiosk for self check-in • VietjetAir waiting area, opposite Exit 16-17 • 1st floor, opposite inspection zone • 1st floor waiting area , opposite Exit 10-11 and 11-12.
- The Post Office is located near the entrance of the D2 Local Terminal or at the TIA InformationCounters at the International Terminal and Local Terminal. If you want to send letters and postcards to friends, family members, you can send postcards from the airport using information desks.
- Recreation Area — There are two recreation areas available for passengers to rest while waiting for boarding.
RelaxingZone — Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd floor corridor, near Exit 6-9. 12 chairs. Price: 5 USD / hour (one free soft drink).
SleepingZone — Location: International, Airside, 2nd floor corridor, about 21 — 22. 24 free sleep chairs and 10 paid sleep capsules. The sleep capsule is a 4 square meter room, equipped with beds, pillows, drinks, towels, lamps, sockets, etc. Price: 7 USD / hour. Additional charge: 4 USD for up to 30 minutes, 7 USD for 30-60 minutes.
- Shops — DutyFree available at the airport. Opening hours: Not known.
- Shower — TheApricotLounge and LotusLounge International Terminal have a shower. [See Airport Lounges above]
- Smoking rooms —
Domestic Terminal — Airside, Departure Hall, opposite Exit 14
International Terminal — Airside, Departure Hall, opposite Exit 15 and 18.
- VAT Refund — Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 2nd floor, near Exit 6-9. Opening hours: 8:00 AM — 10:00 PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Buses run from the airport to Ho Chi Minh city center, and vice versa, the location of stops:
- Domestic terminal: Colon 18 taxi stand.
- International terminal: Colon 15 taxi ranks.
- Bus 152 (International Terminal — Local Terminal — HoangVanThu — NguyenVanTroi — NamKyKhoiNghia — CachMangThangTam– BenThanhMarket — TranHungDao — TrungSonResidentialArea), operating from 5:45 AM to 18: 15 PM. The waiting time is 12-21 minutes. Price: 6000 VND.
- Bus 109 (International Terminal — Local Terminal — HoangVanThu — NguyenVanTroi — NamKyKhoiNghia — HamNghi– BenThanhMarket –PhamNguLao — 23/9 Park), open from 5:45 AM until 1:30 AM (the next day). The waiting time is 30 minutes. Price: 12,000 VND. (for routes less than 5 km) and 20,000 VND. (for routes over 5 km).
- Route bus 49 (International Terminal — Local Terminal — oangVanThu — NguyenVanTroi — NamKyKhoiNghia — LeDuan — DongKhoi — HaiBaTrung — HamNghi — BenThanhMarket), operating from 5:15 AM to 2:12 AM (next day). The waiting time is 30 minutes. Price: 40,000 VND. Boarding and disembarking passengers at hotels in Directions 1, 3.
Four companies operating at the airport: TanSonNhatairport: Sastco • SongViet • Acvuni • PhuNhuan transport company. Information desks are located on the right side of the exit doors, Arrival Hall of the International Terminal.
8 taxi companies: VinasunTaxi, MaiLinhTaxi, SaigonAirTaxi, VinaTaxi, HappyTaxi, ComfortSavicoTaxi, SaigonTouristTaxi, HoangLongTaxi
Departure from the Local Terminal:
- After exiting A2, cross the road to Taxi and BusWaitingHall (opposite the Local Terminal) and board a taxi at Colon 3 — 13.
- Disabled passengers, pregnant women, the elderly and children can take a taxi without a queue at columns 1 and 2.
- Passengers with a membership card, coupon should contact the employees of the taxi company at colon 14 -17.
- Passengers can also receive a coupon at the Taxi ticket office located at entrance A2 and columns 7 at the Local Arrivals hall.
Departure from the International Terminal
- After exiting A1 and A2, a passenger can take a taxi from columns 1 to 3 at Taxistandsarea (To the left of the International Terminal).
- Disabled passengers, pregnant women, the elderly and children can take a taxi without waiting in line at a column 6.
- Passengers with a membership card, coupon should contact the employees of the taxi company at colon 1 to 4.
Passengers can also get a coupon at the Taxi ticket office at the entrance of A1 and A2.