In this section you will find a Barcelona Girona Airport Guide with information on Wi-Fi, recreation areas, facilities and services, traveler reviews about the airport, and the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that an overnight stay at the airport is not for you.
“The guards woke us up at 3 am and asked to move to another place.”
To help organize your time at the airport, we offer traveler feedback on how they spent time at Barcelona’s Girona-Costa Brava International Airport.
- A small two-story passenger terminal with a small number of eating places and shopping opportunities.
- Most of the passengers who decide to spend the night at this airport do this with the goal of flying the next morning to the earliest flight.
- Free Wi-Fi is available. Read more about this in the Wi-Fi / Internet section below.
- Travelers describe this terminal in their reviews as small and crowded with overnight tourists. One review also mentions that bums are also found at the airport.
- There is a limited number of seats (with armrests) and benches, but judging by the reviews, the most comfortable place to sleep is the floor. Sleeping mat or sleeping bag in this case will not be superfluous!
- The air conditioner cools the air inside quite a bit, so grab a rug with you so as not to freeze.
- Despite the fact that the ads on the speakerphone at night off, your sleep can disrupt the loudly working vending machines. In this case, earplugs or good headphones can help.
- Be prepared for the fact that you can wake security at 5 am. It is forbidden to sleep on the floor while the airport is open.
- Near the airport there are hotels where you can relax and spend the night. For more on this, see the Airport Hotels section below.
For more information on the facilities and services available, go down below to continue exploring the Barcelona Girona Airport Guide. Send us your feedback on the airport to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guidebook we can refer to the location «inside» and «outside». «Outside» is a public area of the terminal, located in the unguarded part, before passing the security check. “Inside” is a protected area of the terminal, which you can reach after passing through security checks.
Free Wi-Fi is available at Barcelona’s Girona Airport. Connect to the kubiwireless network (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
If you do not want to stay overnight at the airport, we offer you a list of hotels located near Girona Airport:
- Hotel Hotel Vilobi — (3 min walk from the airport) No transfer to the airport.
- Hotel Salles Hotel — (800 m from the terminal) Free transfer to the airport.
- Hotel BB Hotel Girona — (10 minutes from the airport) No transfer to the airport.
- Hotel Sidorme Girona — (10 minutes from the airport) No transfer to the airport.
The list of all hotels at the airport of Girona will help you find cheap accommodation, on the website Tripadvisor you can sort by price.
More information about the service, amenities and other features at the airport:
- ATM / ATMs are at P0 level, before security control (outside, in the check-in area and on baggage claim) and at P1 level (inside, in the arrivals area)
- Duty Free — Location: P1 level, arrivals area. Opening hours: from 5:30 to 22:00.
- Food and Drinks — there is no catering facility operating around the clock at the airport. There are 5 restaurants in total. Vending machines are located in the check-in area, arrivals area and baggage claim.
- Information desk is outside, floor 0, registration area. Hours unknown.
- Luggage storage — no information
- Police — located in the arrivals area, on the 0 floor.
- Showers — no.
- Smoking areas — three terraces in the gate area (inside), level P1
- Return of VAT — all foreign citizens, as well as those Spanish citizens who are not residents of Spain or the EU, traveling to a third country, have the right to return the VAT tax on purchases in Spain. To do this, you need to have with you checks from purchases in a tax-free zone with a customs stamp. This can be done at the airport, in the check-in area. For more information on this issue you can contact the information desk, it is also located in the registration area.
At the moment we do not have information about the schedule of the airport. We recommend that you read some traveler reviews before deciding to spend the night at the airport.
Girona-Costa Brava Airport is served by 5 international bus lines. Bus stops are located on the basement of the terminal.
The Sagalés intercity bus, following the Airport-Girona route, starts from the Girona bus station, and the Airport-Barcelona route starts at the Barcelona Nord bus station (located near the Arc de Triomphe). Both routes are coordinated with Ryanair’s flight schedules and depart at approximately 20–25 minute intervals after each arrival. For more information on routes, timetables and fares, visit the Sagalés website.
Bus companies Both Sagaleses and Sarfa offer transport services between the airport and the cities of Lloret de Mar, Tossa de Mar and Blanes (Costa Brava). For more information on routes, timetables and fares, visit the Sagalés or Sarfa website.
The TEISA bus company offers the Airport — Lleida route with stops in such cities as Vic, Manresa, Servera, Tarrega and Lleida. For more information on routes, timetables and fares, visit the TEISA website.
The Novatel Andorra bus company offers a transfer to the airport from Andorra la Vella station (the center of Andorra). For more information on routes, timetables and fares, visit the Novatel Andorra by Bus website.
The following representatives of the following car rental agencies work at the airport: Enterprise, Europcar, Goldcar and Hertz. Location: level P0, near the arrivals area.
Some hotels out of respect for their guests offer transfer services to the airport. Here are some of them: Girona Aeropuerto, Melia Girona, Salles Hotel Aeroport Girona.