In this section you will find reviews of travelers about Emerald Airport, as well as a guide with information about Wi-Fi, recreation areas, amenities and services, reviews of travelers about the airport, and even the names of some hotels near the airport in case you do not want to spend the night in the airport.
To help you plan your time at the airport, we offer traveler feedback on how they spent time at Emerald Airport.
- This small airport has been recently renovated and serves a small number of domestic flights.
- There is Wi-Fi, detailed information in the «Internet».
- According to the information for July 2016, we had no reviews about the possibility of spending the night at the airport. Leave feedback about your experience.
- For extended sleep, there are hotels near the airport. View information about hotels nearby can be in the section «Hotels».
- Qantas Club — located next to the registration desks, admission is free for Qantas Club members.
Wi-Fi service is available at an additional cost, at the moment payment is only accepted by credit card.
If you do not want to sleep inside the airport, here is a list of hotels nearby:
- Mayfair Motel and Restaurant — (5 minutes from the airport) The nearest hotel to the terminal, no transfer.
- Emerald Explorers Inn — (5 minutes from the airport). There is a transfer.
- Route 66 Motor Inn — (10 minutes from the airport). Free transfer.
To find a cheap room — look at the list of hotels near Emerald Airport on TripAdvisor, where you can also sort them by price.
More information about the service, amenities and other features at the airport
- ATM / ATMs — three ATMs are available, 2 of which are inside after the inspection zone and one outside (in the arrivals area)
- Baggage carts — there is, cost $ 5, on return $ 1 is returned
- Car rental — is, see the section Transportation
- Shops and Duty Free– Duty Free is not, in the terminal there is only one News Travels store, located inside
- Services for families — the mother’s and child’s room is located opposite Outlet 2, and there are 5 conveniences for changing the baby’s clothes in the terminal’s toilets.
- Food and drinks — there is no sale of food and drinks 24 hours, there are 5 restaurants to choose from, most of them open one hour before the first flight and close after the last flight.
- Information desk — there is, in the arrival area.
- Smoking — smoking is prohibited inside the terminal and 7 meters outside. There are two special smoking areas outside the terminal.
The airport is open from Monday to Friday, from 5:30 to the last flight, usually around 8:00 pm. On weekends there are few flights and the terminal is open for a limited time.
The following rental companies operate in the terminal: Avis • Budget • Thrifty • Hertz • Europcar • OAQ ..
Some hotels near the airport provide free shuttle service, for example, Emerald Explorers Inn • Route 66 Motor Inn.