In this section you will find reviews of visitors to Dubai Airport, information on wireless Internet access, cafes, amenities and services … and yes, even the names of some hotels at the airport in case you decide that sleeping at the airport is not comfortable for you!
Dubai International Airport recently introduced a new wireless Internet product. To enter the network «DXB Free Wi-Fi» requires one click without entering any personal data. The Internet is not limited in time, high-speed and completely free — the traveler.
To help you plan your arrival or arrival overnight, we have compiled a small instruction based on feedback from travelers visiting Dubai Airport.
- Many flights depart early in the morning, so expect to see many people trying to catch up with someone unknown.
- The airport is huge and expanding quickly, so get ready to walk a lot. The main terminals are T1, T3, and local Emirates Airlines are connected by a transit and interterminal bus (see section below). T2 is a major for low-cost airlines, and is connected by a bus route of about 20 minutes.
- It’s cold at the airport, so bring a warm sweater and travel blanket!
- Cool, modern architecture, convenience stores and snack bars will entertain you for a long time.
- Wi-Fi is free for 60 minutes, but is often too slow. After this time, you must pay.
- Traveler reviews show that it is far from uncommon to see people sleeping on the floor due to the lack of free places to sleep.
- Chairs are everywhere, but most of them have armrests, so you will be uncomfortable.
- A few lounge chairs are always full, so if you see one, this is a snag! For a list of locations, see below Rest Zone.
- The open plan of the airport means that you will not be able to retire. Take earplugs because it is noisy at the airport.
- In some lounges there is a GoSleep (sleeping hammocks) ($).
- Due to the fact that many flights depart in the middle of the night, you will not be thrown out for trying to take a nap.
- For long sleep there is a transit hotel and Snooze Cube — booths to take a nap, inside the safe zone of the airport. For more information, see our Airport Hotels section below.
- Showers are free, although their cleanliness may be questionable. To clarify the location, see the “Showers” section below.
- Economy class passengers can use some first class lounges for a fee. See “Airport Lounges” in the airport instructions below for location and pricing. We warn you that there are times when the waiting room is almost as lively as at the airport itself.
For more information about the services and benefits available, scroll down to continue exploring our guide on Dubai Airport. Send us your feedback to help keep this data up to date.
In the guidebook we will use the following terms: “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone is a public area located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. Airside — the protected area of the terminal, where you get after passing pre-flight control.
If you are traveling in economy class, then you can use the specialized halls of Dubai Airport for a comfortable wait, either additionally, by paying for this service one-time, or by using your membership in a particular program. For more information (such as cost, opening hours, and membership information), use the detailed hall descriptions below.
- Business Class Lounge — Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Room D. Showers are available. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: buying a ticket online (£ 28.00 — up to 3 hours or £ 35.00 — up to 5 hours — an advance payment of at least 24 hours is required)
- Marhaba Lounge — Location: Terminal 1, airside, between gates C23 and C25. Souls are available ($). Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: payment at the entrance (AED190.00) • via the Internet (£ 35.00 — prepayment not less than 24 hours).
- Marhaba Lounge — Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Room D. Showers are available. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Payment at the entrance (AED190.00) • via the Internet (£ 35.00 — prepayment no less than 24 hours).
- Marhaba Lounge — Location: Terminal 2, Airside, opposite exit F3 and F4. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: payment at the entrance (AED150.00) • via the Internet (£ 29.00 — prepayment not less than 24 hours).
- Lounge B — Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Hall B, Departure Level, East, Near Exit B26. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: buying a ticket online (£ 28.00 — up to 3 hours or £ 35.00 — up to 5 hours — prepayment of at least 24 hours).
- Marhaba Lounge — Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Hall A, between gates A3 and A2. Showers are available ($). Sleeping cabs are also available ($). Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: payment at the entrance (AED195.00) • online payment (£ 35.00 — prepayment no less than 24 hours).
- Marhaba Lounge — Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Hall B, eastern part of the 4th level on the north side of the hall, not far from exit B21. Showers are available ($). Sleeping cabs are also available ($). Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: payment at the entrance (AED195.00) • online payment (£ 35.00 — prepayment no less than 24 hours).
Free unlimited Wi-Fi is provided at Dubai Airport by connecting to the DXB Free Wi-Fi network.
In addition, Internet kiosks are located near Global Link (exit C16) and Connect. These kiosks with touch screens can be used if you have an account with Etisalat or by reading a credit card. Additional internet kiosks can be found opposite the DCA First Class Lounge (Exit 9) and Irish Village (Exit 23).
These hotels are located at Dubai Airport, in addition to nearby hotels.
- Snooze Cube — located inside Terminal 1 exit C22, these are 10 soundproof compact rooms with a bed, a TV, a selection of music and the Internet. Prices start at 75 AED (about $ 21 USD) per hour for an individual number and AED 100 (about $ 28 USD) per hour for a shared number. Order at least 2 hours of stay.
- Dubai International Hotel — located in the transit zone of the airport. From Terminal 1 to Hotel C through Room C. From Terminal 3 to Hotel A through Room 3 B. If you arrive at terminal 2, you will not be able to exit through the terminal or go through the immigration zone. You will have to go to the transfer desk and use the free interterminal bus. This is a hotel for transit passengers.
- Holiday Inn Express — (2 minutes from the airport) located opposite Terminal 3. A free airport bus runs every 30 minutes to / from terminals 1 and 3.
- Premier Inn Dubai International Airport — (2 minutes from the airport) located opposite Terminal 3. A free bus runs every 30 minutes between terminals 1 and 3 and the Dubai Metro.
- TIME Grand Plaza Hotel — (3 minutes from the airport) Well-equipped budget hotel near the airport. No airport shuttle service.
To consider more opportunities, we suggest using the list of hotels near Dubai Airport on Tripadvisor, which can be sorted by price, distance, traveler rating and popularity.
- ATMs — yes, in terminals 1, 2 and 3.
- Child care rooms — to access one of the child care rooms at the airport, go to one of the information zones or ask for help from staff.
- Rent a car — yes, see our guide below.
- Children’s playground — location: terminal 3, airside, near exits B7 and B8.
- Currency exchange — exchange points are open 24 hours in terminals 1, 2 and 3 (airside).
- Food and Drinks — all points of sale of food and beverages are open 24 hours including: McDonald’s • Baskin Robbins • Costa Coffee. See also Meal Vouchers below.
- Gardens — Need a little peace and quiet, or do you want to reconnect with nature? Zen Gardens, closed oases at exits B7 and B27 in terminal 3.
- Health Club — passengers can use the pool, jacuzzi, steam room and gym on an hourly basis. Location: G-Force, Airside, behind Dubai International Hotel. The aisles are Terminal 1, Exit 115 and Terminal 3, Hall 2 (above Emirates Business First Class lounges). Charges range from 15 dirhams (about US $ 5) and dirhams 30 (about $ 8). Massage is also available.
- The information desk is “one above each end of the duty free in the air zone T1. In the common access area, bureau staff in blue polo shirts ”(presented by the reader)
- Luggage storage and lockers — for a small period of storage, luggage is available in two areas of the airport: terminal 1 (arrival — near the RTA taxi zone) • terminal 3 (arrival — near the childcare / sanitary zone). Opening hours: open 24 hours. Cost: from AED 20 — 25 (up to 12 hours).
- Medical Center — first and emergency medical care is available in two places: terminal 1 below exit C13 or Fox 7 • terminal 3, between Fox 22-23 level 0.
- Pharmacy — Boots (location: departure terminal 3, exit B) • DDF Pharmacy (location: in several locations of departure terminals 1 and 3).
- The prayer rooms — four rooms — two for women and two for men — were set up to offer prayers inside the main hall and two in the arrival terminal.
- Recreation areas — there are two quiet areas where lounge chairs are located to take a nap between flights. Location: Terminal 3, halls A and B, close to exits A1 • A16 • A21 • A24 • B1-2 • B7-8 • B10-11 • B14-23 • B25-27 • B29 • B31-32. Free. Take warm clothes and headphones — it’s cold and noisy at this airport.
- Showers — available in business and first class lounges. There are also free showers in the following locations: terminal 1, between exits C18 — C22 • terminal 3, between exits B13 — B19 and exits A1 — A24.
- Smoking areas — Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Exit D12, Top Level • Terminal 2, Airside Departure Zone • Airside, Terminal 3, at Exits A2, A23, B7, B27, C9, C23.
- Spa — Treat yourself to a relaxing massage (including aromatherapy), body scrubs, and reflexology.
Timeless Spa — Location: Dubai International Hotel, Airside. Passages: Halls A, A1 or A24 • Halls B, B14 and B22 • Halls C, C15 and C17.
G-Force Health Club — Location: behind the Dubai International Hotel, Air Zone. Aisles: Terminal 1, Exit 115 and Terminal 3, Hall 2 (above Emirates Business First Class lounges.
Be Relax, O2 Spa Salon, XpresSpa — Location: Be Relax (Exit A, C, D) • O2 Spa Salon (output B, C) • XpresSpa (output B).
- Tours — there are tour operators who offer short tours to the city in the airport arrival zone (represented by the reader).
Open 24 hours.
Taxis are available 24 hours a day, judging by the service, located in each terminal. The most recognizable taxis of Dubai Transport Corporation are in cream colors. Taxi with pink trim for female drivers. Machines are equipped with counters, discounted AED20 from the airport. In addition, limousine rental is available.
Two metro lines connect Dubai International Airport with the city. The routes of these directions depart every 10 minutes from terminals 1 and 3, starting at 5:50 am daily (5:30 on Thursday and 1:00 on Friday). Their work ends at 12:00 am (1:00 am on Thursday and Friday). Metro tickets and rechargeable NOL cards can be purchased at the airport. Separate transport is available for women traveling alone or with children. Visit the front car of the “Gold Class” and enjoy the picturesque view that appears in the windshield. All metro stations have a lot of taxis and buses for further travel. Many hotels are conveniently located near the metro station.
RTA public city buses can be found at the bus stands opposite all three terminals. New Skybus service — flights directly between the airport and many hotels in the area. To travel on any of the RTA buses, including the Skybus, an NOL card is required. It can be purchased at the airport, hotels, RTA bus drivers, at all RTA metro stations and bus stops. For more information, visit the RTA website.
Passengers who need to travel between terminals 1 and 3 can do this using the free 24-hour airport bus or the Dubai Metro, which runs between both terminals. Passengers with connecting flights automatically move as courtesy.
Some hotels in the area kindly provide transportation to the airport. Check with your hotel for details on transfer and availability services. Some hotels that offer airport transfers are: Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport • Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai • Premier Inn Dubai International Airport.
Al Wefaq, Budget, Diamondlease, Europcar, Fast, Hertz and Sixt are located at terminal 1 of arrival. Payless can be found in terminal 2 arrival. Hertz and National are located at Terminal 3 Arrivals. Avis, Dollar and Thrifty — these three car rental agencies are located in the arrivals area of all three airport terminals.