In this guidebook you can find reviews of tourists about Douala airport, as well as information on access to Wi-Fi, various cafes in the territory, facilities and services and yes, even hotels at the airport or nearby if you need to spend the night, but sleep at the airport — this is not for you!
The view of Kenya Airways on the runway is a religious moment. Ahhh, they will finally come after me! — unknown
To help you plan your arrival or the possibility of a stopover for the night, we have compiled a guide for you based on the feedback from tourists who have visited Douala International Airport.
- Visitors overwhelmingly describe the airport as scary, frightening, and unsafe. The airport is dirty, with poorly lit places, unfriendly airport staff, homeless people both inside and outside the terminal, as well as many ways to enter and exit the airport without security checks.
- Carefully guard your personal belongings all the time, both inside and outside the airport. Watch your bags carefully and try to grab them as soon as you see them. “Loaders” will try to grab your bags and then make you pay them to carry them, or even just to get your bags back.
- There are reports of travelers who extorted money for excess weight of luggage.
- The terminal climate is hot and humid.
- Inefficient immigration / customs procedures.
- WiFi at the airport is provided.
- As of December 2016, we have no reviews from travelers who dared to spend the night at this airport, we do not recommend it! Write your own review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport.
Economy class passengers may pay to enter a first class recreation area.
In this manual, we can use the following terms: «shared zone» and «controlled zone». The “public access zone” is a public zone located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. “Controlled zone” is a protected area of the terminal, where you get, having passed the pre-flight control.
- Club Market VIP Lounge- Location: public area. Opening hours: open 24 hours.
- Saffana Hotel- (2 minutes from the airport) airport transfer ($).
- Afrique Hotel Douala Airport- (5 minutes from the airport) airport transfer ($).
- Hotel Palace Bano- (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfer is available on request.
- Ibis Douala- (10 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport transfer available upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tripadvisor Dakarna Airport, which can be sorted by price, distance, traveler rating and popularity.
- ATMs — Yes (public area).
- Children’s playgrounds — Not available
- Registration Information — Not Available
- Luggage storage and lockers — not available.
- Shops — there is a duty free shop and a gift shop.
- Showers are not available.