In this section, you will find tourist reviews about Doha Hamad Airport in Kuwait, as well as information about wireless Internet access, the presence or absence of lounges, facilities and services … and yes, even the names of some hotels at the airport in case you decide that sleeping at the airport is unacceptable for you!
The quiet family room has a lounge with sofas for sleeping / relaxing and separate walkways to exits and a shopping center, so it was very nice to spend the night there.- tinybits
To help you plan your transfer or overnight stay, we have compiled a brief overview based on feedback from travelers who visited Doha Hamad Airport.
- This brand new airport, opened in April 2014, is one of the main transit hubs for all continents. Get ready for lots of tourists and flights all night long.
- There is only one terminal, with 5 halls: A, B, C, D and E.
- If you fly Qatar Airways with a landing between 8-24 hours, you are entitled to free accommodation, meals and transfer to / from the airport.
- The airport feels like a shopping center, with lots of high-end stores and duty-free shopping.
- There are several 24-hour cafes in the air zone, and only one in the public area.
- It is terribly cold inside the terminal, so take warm clothes or a travel blanket!
- Free and unlimited Wi-Fi. See more details below.
- Try to take the couch in the family and TV areas, located at exit A3 and hall B and C, and a few in the central terminal.
- There are several quiet / prayer rooms, some with lounge chairs. Unfortunately, they are rarely quiet, so many people constantly come and go. Distributed by sex.
- Most of the seats have armrests, but some areas of the floor with carpet are comfortable for sleeping.
- This is a noisy and brightly lit airport, so prepare earplugs and sleep masks.
- For uninterrupted sleep there is a transit hotel. For more information, see our section “Hotels near the airport.” Below.
- Showers are located in two airport lounges or Vitality Wellbeing Fitness Center at the Airport Hotel.
- All travelers can use one of the two airport lounges for payment, although some tourists report that even they are crowded and smoky. See “Airport Lounges” below for information on location and prices.
For more information about the services and facilities at Doha Hamad Airport, scroll down. Send us your airport reviews to help us update this information.
In the guidebook we will use the following terms: “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone is a public area located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. Airside — the protected area of the terminal, where you get after passing pre-flight control.
If you are traveling in economy class, then you can use the waiting rooms of Doha Hamad Airport either by paying one-time payment for this service, or by using your membership in this or that program. For more information (such as cost, opening hours, and membership information), use the detailed hall descriptions below.
- Al Maha Transit Lounge — Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 2nd floor. Have a shower. Access to the waiting room: payment at the entrance (QAR200) • order online (£ 58 — up to 3 hours or 70 pounds sterling — up to 6 hours — prepayment for 24 hours)
- Oryx Lounge — Location: Airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (QAR 200).
Free Wi-Fi is available at Doha Airport. To do this, connect to the HIAQatar Complimentary WiFi network.
In addition, free internet kiosks and desks are located throughout the airport.
If you do not want to spend the night in the territory of Doha Hamad Airport, use the services offered by hotels nearby:
- Airport Hotel — located within the airport, just 2 minutes from the immigration zone and 5 minutes from exits A10 or B10. Daily rooms are available both for short periods and up to 5 hours.
- Doha Marriott — (8 minutes from the airport) located on the seashore a few minutes drive from the airport. No delivery to the airport.
- Century Hotel — (15 minutes from the airport) Transfer from the airport can be arranged directly through the hotel ($).
- Oryx Rotana Airport Hotel — (12 minutes from the airport) is located on the territory of the old Doha airport. Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($). Daily rooms are available from 6 o’clock no earlier than 6:00 pm.
A more detailed list of hotels near Doha Airport can be found on Tripadvisor.
- Art at the airport — you can go to the art museum without leaving the airport! Local and foreign works of art exhibited throughout the terminal, courtesy of Qatar’s museums. The museum has a souvenir shop and a cafe.
- ATMs / terminals — can be found throughout the airport, in the general access area and the airside, some issue several types of currencies.
- Child care room — parents traveling with infants can use one of the rooms in the child care room located throughout the airport. It is possible to warm the water / milk and swaddle the baby.
- Rent a car — yes, see the section below.
- Children’s playgrounds — there are five active zones with TVs, Internet access, toys, mini-rides and climbing walls. Location: airside, lounge A • airside, lounge B • airside, lounge C.
- Currency Exchange — Travelex offers four currency exchange desks. Location: reception hall, row 9 • departure hall, hall B, close to Marche Restaurant • arrival hall, baggage search, zone 3 • arrival hall, Meet zone Greet, next to the Al Maha Lounge.
- Duty Free Shopping — In addition to a store in the air zone, there is another one located in the arrivals area. Here is a very large choice for shopping, from Books (WH Smith) and souvenirs to high fashion and jewelry (Burberry, Hugo Boss, Michael Kors, Bvlgari, Harrods, Swarovski, Tiffany).
- Family Toilets — Yes
- Fitness Center — The Vitality Wellbeing The Fitness Center offers a swimming pool, hydrotherapy bath, gym, showers and two squash courts. Location: Airport Hotel (see «Hotels near the airport» above). Cost: 150 QAR. Massages and spa treatments are available at an additional cost. Payment for squash includes fees for rackets, balls and shoes.
- Food and drinks — work around the clock: in the common area Jamocha Cafe. Air Zone: Eat Street Food Court including Camden Food, Negroni, Azka Red Mango, Soho Coffee, and Burger King • Jamocha Cafe • Le Grand Comptoir • Marche • Qataf Cafe • Soprafino.
- Racks of information — are located in the public access and air zone at almost all levels.
- Luggage storage and safe deposit boxes are in the airside. Location and prices are unknown.
- Medical center — there are two round-the-clock medical centers: arrival hall before passport control • departure hall, registration area.
- Pharmacy — is in the retail zone between halls A and B. Hours: unknown.
- There are prayer rooms for men and women in the arrivals hall and all lounges throughout the airport.
- Recreation areas — airport lounges offer comfortable seating and a relaxed atmosphere, with separate rooms for men and women. The quiet rooms are located throughout the airport terminal, so use the airport map or help desk to find the nearest place.
- Showers — located in Vitality Wellbeing Fitness Center at the Airport Hotel. Follow to the hotel from the airport according to the signs. Souls can also be found in the waiting rooms. [Cm. section above]
- Smoking Rooms — Smoking is allowed in designated rooms throughout the airport.
- Spa — see the «Fitness Center» section above.
Around the clock.
Exit the arrival hall and, following the signs, walk to the bus terminal, which is located outside and to the right of the airport terminal. Two bus lines serve the airport: route 109 to the industrial zone Mesaieed and route 747 to the bus station Al Ghanim, both routes stop on the way at multiple stops. Passengers will need reusable Karwa Smartcard 24 cards, which can be purchased from the bus driver. Karwa Smartcard 24 can be both limited, valid for two trips within 24 hours from the moment of first use, and unlimited, for an unlimited number of trips within 24 hours from the moment of first use. For more information on timetables, fares and stops, visit the Mowasalat website.
Taxi Pavilion is located outside and to the left of the airport terminal. Follow the signs, leaving the arrival hall. For safety reasons, use only official taxis. If necessary, to call a sedan, van and special taxi, keep Taxi Coordinators on hand to take advantage of additional help. Passengers with PFP (Persona limited mobility), in need of specials. Taxis should book the services as far in advance as possible by calling Mowasalat (+974) 4458 8888. Cost is reduced, starting with QAR 25. Payment in local currency.
Car rental agencies desks can be found in the Ground Transportation Center, located across the street from the terminal when you exit the arrival hall. You need to have an international driver’s license, or one issued by a GCC country, and a credit card. At the end of the lease, you can pay by credit card or in cash (only in national currency).
Limousines can be booked in advance at Mowasalat, (+974) 4458 8888, or on-site at the Mowasalat counter in the arrivals hall. All major credit cards are accepted, cash only in local currency.