In this guidebook you can find reviews of tourists about Djibouti airport, as well as information about access to Wi-Fi, various cafes in the territory, facilities and services and yes, even hotels at the airport or nearby if you need to spend the night, but sleep at the airport — this is not for you!
Tiny and Miserable — Sean
To help you plan your arrival or the possibility of a stopover for the night, we have compiled a guide for you based on the feedback from the tourists who visited Djibouti International Airport.
- A small terminal of the international airport with one gate and one belt conveyor.
- There is no air conditioning, so inside the terminal is hot and humid.
- Visitors mentioned problems with the language barrier.
- Wireless internet access is available.
- As of December 2016, we have no reviews from travelers who have spent the night at the airport. According to visitors, the airport is too small, inside it is hot and uncomfortable to even be considered. Write your own review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport.
In this manual, we can use the following terms: «shared zone» and «controlled zone». The “public access zone” is a public zone located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. “Controlled zone” is a protected area of the terminal, where you get, having passed the pre-flight control.
- KempinskiLounge- this area is available to guests of the Kempinski hotel in Djibouti. Details are not available.
If you are not attracted to sleep at Djibouti International Airport, it is better to return to the center of Djibouti, since there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel deals based on TripAdvisor reviews:
- DjiboutiPalaceKempinski- (30 minutes from the airport) high rating of the hotel on TripAdvisor, and a little expensive. This luxury hotel will arrange a private transfer for a minimum of 2 passengers, $ 50.00 each way.
- AubergeLeHeron- (30 minutes from the airport) free transfer from the airport and excursions within the city.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Djibouti Airport on TripAdvisor, which can be sorted by price, distance, traveler rating and popularity. Also, to find a cheap room, visit Djibouti, DjiboutiDeals and enter your dates.
- ATMs — there are
- Children’s playgrounds — Not available
- Registration Information — Not Available
- Luggage storage and lockers — not available.
- Shops — DutyFree available.
- Shower is not available.
- At the moment we can not confirm the opening hours of the airport.