In this guidebook you can find reviews of tourists about Dakar airport, as well as information about access to Wi-Fi, a variety of cafes in the area, facilities and services and yes, even hotels at the airport or nearby if you need to spend the night, but sleep at the airport — this is not for you!
I just sat there when the child came, sat down and demanded: «Give me your shoes.» — David
To help you plan your arrival or the possibility of a stopover for the night, we have compiled a guide for you based on the feedback from tourists who have visited Dakar International Airport.
- One terminal of the international airport in which a small number of (expensive!) Shops and restaurants.
- Entrance to the airport terminal more than 2 hours before departure is not allowed. You will not be able to check in your baggage and receive a boarding pass until that time. You have a choice, you can wait in the main lobby, exposing yourself to heat and insects.
- No telescopic traps. Buses (mostly standing places) carry passengers to the aircraft.
- Some visitors warn of nervous and inadequate airport guards.
- The inefficiency of airport procedures (check-in, baggage claim, etc.).
- About luggage, visitors say that there are double-sided conveyors and no announcements regarding the fact that your luggage will arrive. Watch your bags carefully and try to grab them as soon as you see them. “Loaders” will try to grab your bags and then make you pay them to carry them, or even just to get your bags back.
- Aggressive taxi breeders, scammers, SIM card sellers, pickpockets, beggars, mosquitoes, cockroaches and wild cats are just some of the fun things you’ll find at the airport terminal.
- WiFi at the airport is provided.
- You will not find toilet paper in the toilets, so bring it with you.
- As of December 2016, we have no reviews from travelers who dared to spend the night at this airport, we hope you don’t have to! Write your own review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport.
Economy class passengers may pay to enter a first class recreation area.
In this manual, we can use the following terms: «shared zone» and «controlled zone». The “public access zone” is a public zone located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. “Controlled zone” is a protected area of the terminal, where you get, having passed the pre-flight control.
- Skylounge — Location: Terminal 1, International Flight Zone, 2nd floor. Opening hours: open 24 hours.
- Salon Teranga- access to the hall: a plane at the entrance (10,00 €)
- Salon Prestige- access to the hall: entrance fee (15,00 €)
- WiFi is available at an additional cost on your mobile devices via a SIM card or a 3G USB modem. SIM cards and USB flash drives with free 3G are sold and activated in stores, directly at the airport.
- Sargal Hotel- (8 minutes walk from the airport) is the closest hotel to the airport. A free airport pickup service is available, which includes escort on foot or by taxi to the hotel, a taxi is approximately € 3.00 one way.
- Hotel du Phare Les Mamelles- (5 minutes from the airport) airport transfer ($).
- Onomo Dakar Airport — (5 minutes from the airport) free transfer to the airport.
- Airport Hotel (5 minutes from the airport) airport transfer.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tripadvisor Dakarna Airport, which can be sorted by price.
- ATMs — there are
- Children’s playgrounds –Not available
- Currency Exchange — Yes
- Duty Free — Duty Free shops are located in the international duty free terminal area. A large variety of shopping and souvenir shops are located on the airport.
- Food and Drink — on the website of the airport indicated that fast food is available 24/7.
— common area: Le Touki Restaurant
— controlled zone: the bar is in the transit zone
- Information Bureau — Location: Main Hall.
- Luggage storage and lockers are not available.
- Baggage wrapping — baggage packing stations are available on the public side. Fee: 1500 FCFA for baggage.
- Showers are not available.
The airport is open 24 hours. The entrance to the airport terminal is not allowed 2 hours before your flight. Sleep in the main hall may or may not allow.
The Dakar Dem Dikk Bus Bus Line offers 8 services between the airport and the center of Dakar, with stops along the way. Buses leave every 10 minutes from 6:00 am — 8:30 pm, and the ride will cost 150 — 175 FCFA, depending on your trip.
Several car rental agencies offer services 24 hours a day. Contact your service provider for a selection of services and reservations.
Some local hotels offer transfer to / from the airport. Contact your hotel for the best selection and details.
Yellow fixed rate taxis are always available for hire from the airport, 24 hours a day. Prices are displayed in a prominent place in the airport arrival hall. One way between the airport and the city center costs about € 7.50. Departure to the outskirts of Dakar must be agreed before the trip.