- Modern international airport with two terminals (terminals 1 and 2), connected by the station aisle. Several shops and restaurants.
- Airport staff do not speak other languages
- Electrical sockets are hard to find
- Free Wi —
- Visit the observation deck overlooking the runways and much more!
- Opposite the airport is a 24-hour convenience store with a bar (which closes overnight) with some comfortable seating where you can take a nap.
- There are hotels near the airport.
Economy class passengers can pay to use the first class lounge.
If you are traveling in economy class, you can visit the lounges at Cologne Airport by purchasing a guest pass or through the membership program. Visit the separate page for more details (i.e. facilities, hours, pass and membership information.):
- Business Lounge- Location: Terminal 2, landing zone. Opening hours: 6:00 AM — 9:30 PM (Mon — Fri) • 9:00 — 6:30 PM (Sat — Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€ 18.45) • Book Online (£ 20.00) • Priority Pass.
Unlimited free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport. When connecting to the “AIRPORT Free Wi-Fi” network, enter your name on the registration page for access.
Hotels near the airport:
- Leonardo Hotel Koln Bonn Airport- (300 meters to the airport) This is the closest hotel to the airport. It is about 7 minutes walk from the terminal or you can use the free bus that arrives at the airport every 15 minutes. For airport express, you can contact the hotel by phone at the airport information desk. The express covers the departure zone Level C and the arrival zone Terminal 2 bus stops 12.
- Airport Hotel by the New Yorker- (2 minutes from the airport) There is no airport express, so if you have heavy bags, you can take a taxi for about 6 euros.
- Art of Comfort Hotel Garni Haus Ingeborg- (4 minutes from the airport) No expressado airport, but the hotel organizes a taxi to the airport (about 10 euros one way).
- Akazienhof Hotel Brauhaus- (3 minutes from the airport) No airport express.
- Hotel Karsten Garni- (9 minutes from the airport) express airport from 5:00 am to 10:00 pm, upon request.
To find a cheap room, use the list of hotels near the Cologne airport on Tripadvisor, sorted by price.
- Airport Tour — a service for airport visitors, offers tours for groups of 10 people or more. Reservations are required. Departure times: 10:00, 11:45, 1:30 PM and 3:15 PM. Duration: 90 minutes. Price: € 5.40 for adults, € 3.30 for students and senior citizens. Night tours are also available upon request. Rate: 13 € per person.
- ATMs / ATMs- Sparkasse Köln Bonn ATMs are available 24 hours a day in these places: T1, land zone, C Departure • T2, land zone, D Departure • T2, land zone, D. For replenishment in foreign currency, the ATM is available in T1, station, B departures.
- Currency exchange- Reisebank offers currency exchange. Location: T1, ground zone, B Departure. Opening hours: 7:00 — 8:00 pm. The ATM with foreign currency is available 24 hours a day.
- Duty free Duty Free Heinemann stores are available in the departure area for T1 (B departures and Starwalk) and T2 (D departure). The T1 Duty Free is open according to the flight schedule, while the T2 Duty Free is open from 5:30 — 8:30 PM. A variety of retail stores mainly in the ground area.
- Food and Drinks — Food zones throughout the airport operate with different schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Bodega (T2, Departure Zone, D Departure) • Cafetiero (T2, Ground Zone, D Departure) • McDonald’s McCafe (T2, Ground Zone, D Departure)
- Information desk-there are two information desks in stock. Terminal 1, Ground Zone, B / C Departure • Terminal 2, Ground Zone, D Departure. Both are open 24 hours.
- Luggage storage and lockers — luggage storage is available at the airport. Location: T2, rail level. Hours: 6:00 am — 11:00 pm
- Massage- Do you hurt your muscles? Go back to the T1 Starwalk (controlled area) for a massage. Opening hours: 9:00 AM — 7:00 PM (Mon.-Fri.) And 12:00 PM — 7:00 PM (Sat. and Sun.).
- Medical services — complex and emergency medical and dental services are available at the airport. Location: T1, Ground Zone, A / B Departure Hours: 8:00 am — 4:00 pm daily (medical clinic) 8:00 AM — 6:00 pm Mon-Fri and 8:00 AM — 4:00 pm Sat ., Sun (dental clinic).
- Lookout- Enjoy a panoramic view of the runway, aprons, military and cargo areas at the airport from the terrace for visitors! Location: T1 at Stern C. The terrace can also be reached by elevator near the stairs 4. Hours: 5:00 AM — 1:00 PM.
- Pharmacy- Location: T1, Ground Zone, C Departure Hours: 6:00 AM — 9:00 PM.
- Post Office — Location: T2, Ground Zone, D Arrivals Hours: 7:00 AM — 9:00 PM.
- Showers — not available
- Supermarket- If you need to buy some products, before heading to your home in Cologne, stop at the Farmhaus Supermarket. Location: T2, ground zone, D arrivals. Opening hours: Open 24 hours.
The following airlines offer passengers the option to check in the evening before departure. Contact airlines directly. This is the latest information we have: