In this section, you will find reviews of airport travelers, as well as our Chisinau Airport Guide with information on Wi-Fi, cafes, amenities and services …. and yes, even the name of hotels located close to the airport in case you decide that sleeping at the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your stay or overnight stay, you just have to look at the following information about what to expect during your stay at Chisinau airport.
- Observers describe an outdated airport with strong Soviet influences from the past. Reviews of airport staff are different, some friendly, although the staff does not speak English, while others describe extortion from customs officers.
- Here you can find a small selection of amenities, including a 24-hour dining room!
- Free Wi-Fi is available. See Wi-Fi below in the Airport Guide.
- Night stay at the airport is not allowed.
- For a restful sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See the Airport section Hotels in the Airport Guide below.
Need to know
- Economy class passengers may pay to enter the first class lounge. See location and prices in the Airport Lounges section in the Airport Guide below.
For more information about the services and benefits available, scroll down to continue exploring our Chisinau Airport Guide. Send us your airport recommendations to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guidebook we can refer to locations such as the “ground” and “air” zone. The “ground” zone is the total area of the terminal located in the unguarded zone. “Airside” is a protected area of the terminal, which you can get into after passing through security.
“Reports of abuse of authority, corruption or other violations discovered by you during customs or border control can be left on the hotline number: (+ 373-22) 525-939, after the beep and e-mail: hotline @ airport .md
If you are traveling in economy class, you can enter the rest rooms at Chisinau Airport either by purchasing a guest pass or through the membership program. Visit the separate waiting room page for more details (services, opening hours, passage and membership information.):
- Lounge business class — the location of the «air zone». Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: Pay at the entrance (€ 35) • Priority Pass
Free Wi-Fi is available at Chisinau Airport up to 5 hours for a period of 3 days.
If you stay overnight at the Chisinau airport does not suit you, then there are hotels near the airport:
- Prezident Hotel — (5 minutes from the airport) Transfer from the airport is available for a fee, on request.
- Vila Iris — (10 minutes from the airport) No Transfer to the airport
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels in Chisinau Airport on Tripadvisor, which can be sorted by price.
Additional services, amenities and things you can do while waiting at the airport
- ATMs — Yes: located on the first floor.
- Child care rooms — Mother and child rooms are provided free of charge. Location: 2 available, common area and airspace.
- Children’s Playground — The playground is a great place for children aged 3 — 10 to have fun before the flight. Two assistants provide control and organize interactive activities while parents shop at Duty Free stores or relax in quiet places. Location: International Departures. 2nd floor, Airside.
- Currency exchange — 2 banks located on the 1st floor provide exchange services. Opening hours: 8:00 AM — 5:00 PM.
- Duty Free — Hours: open 24 hours.
- Food — There are 24-hour grocery stores on the 1st and 2nd floors.
- Medical care — the medical care office is located on the ground floor in the right wing of the terminal. Work time: 24 hours.
- Showers — Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours
Bus and Minibus
«A» An express bus connects the airport with Dmitry Kantemir Square in the city center, offering departures every 40 minutes from 7:00 — 7:00 PM. Bus fare is 3 lei.
The minibus 165 also operates from the city center, with the final stop on Ismail Street. Departure — every 10 minutes from 5:30 — 9:55 PM (from the airport) or 6:00 — 10:00 PM (from Chisinau). The fare is 3 lei. Minibuses are white, the inscription with the number is placed on the windshield.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis • Enterprise • Europcar • Prima-auto • Sixt.
Taxis can be found in the parking lot near the airport for 24 hours. All taxis are equipped with meters, and reservations are not required. The company Aeroport Taxi has an office in the airport arrival hall, which is open 24 hours a day.