In this section you will find reviews of travelers on Canberra Airport, as well as a guide with information about Wi-Fi, recreation areas, amenities and services, travelers reviews about the airport, and even the names of some hotels near the airport in case you do not want to spend the night in the airport.
To help you plan your time at the airport, we offer traveler feedback on how they spent time at Canberra Airport.
- A small, recently renovated regional airport consisting of 2 halls: the South Hall and the new West Hall.
- Shops and restaurants — they are few.
- At night, shops and restaurants are closed, only vending machines remain for snacking. Plan snacks and buy food and drinks in advance.
- We have no information about the possibility of spending the night at the airport.
- For extended sleep, there are hotels near the airport. View information about hotels nearby can be in the section «Hotels».
- Economy class passengers can use the services of the business lounge. Information on this can be found in the “Recreation Zones” section.
Information about the services and features of the airport can be found below. Send us tips for visiting Canberra Airport so that our information is always up to date.
In this guidebook we will refer to the terms of the location «outside» and «inside». «Outside» is a public, unguarded terminal area, located in front of the security check. “Inside” is a protected area of the terminal that you enter after passing through security control.
- QantasClub Hall — opposite the information stand at exit 11. Entrance is possible for members of the QantasClub club.
- Hall VirginAustraliaLounge — inside, level 3 of the western hall. Entry is possible for members of Virginia Club
Free Wi-Fi is available in the ExpressPick-Up lounge and in the international departure lounge.
If you do not want to sleep inside the airport, here is a list of hotels nearby:
- VibeHotel- 50 meters from the exit of the updated terminal.
- IbisStylesCanberra — (8 minutes from the airport) No transfer.
- DiplomatHotel — (10 minutes from the airport) No transfer.
- Best Western Plus Garden City — (10 minutes from the airport) No transfer.
To find a cheap room — look at the list of hotels near Canberra Airport on TripAdvisor, where you can also sort them by price. Or on the CanberraDeals website.
More information about the service, amenities and other features at the airport
- ATMs / ATMs — 2: in the arrival hall (next to the travelex companies) • departure lounge (next to the TukChop).
- Child care — inside the departure / upper level, next to the latrines at exits 5 and 12, or outside in the arrivals area / lower level, next to the latrines at exit B.
- Trolleys for luggage — can be used for an additional fee of $ 2, paid in cash with paper money or coins. Upon arrival in Australia from an international flight, luggage carts are available for use free of charge.
- Car rental — yes, see the Transport section.
- Currency Exchange — Currency exchange, telephone plastic cards, money transfers and more are available at the travelex offices. Location: departure lounge. Opening hours: 05:30 -18: 00.
- DutyFree –JR / DutyFree shop offers its services in the international terminal area of departure and arrival. Relay kiosk sells books, magazines, newspapers, SIM cards, and more in the relegation zone. SIM cards
- Food and Drinks — Grocery stores at the airport operate on different schedules, opening as early as 5:00 in the morning. At the time of this writing, 24-hour service was not available. Food options include: Hudsons Coffee International Bar Café • Limestone Café Bar • Tuk Chop
- Information desk — there is a customer service office located near the Budget office in the baggage claim area.
- Cameras and storage room — no
- The prayer room is the lower level, opposite exit B.
- Shower no
The airport is open from 04-30 am and closes 30 minutes after the departure of the last flight
The following hotels provide shuttle services to their guests (part free of charge, part for extra charge): AriaHotelCanberra • CliftonSuitesonNorthbourne.
The following rental companies operate at the airport: Avis, Budget, EastCoastCarRentals, Europcar, Hertz, Redspot andThrifty, they are located in the arrival area opposite the baggage claim
Express airport transfers are scheduled to carry passengers between the airport and the city center, with stops at Russell, YHA and the National Convention Center. Tickets cost $ 12 one way or $ 20 round trip, tickets can be bought on the bus or in the service center opposite the bus stop (at the exit from the arrival area)
The taxi rank is located on the ground floor, immediately at the exit from the arrivals area, after the baggage claim area.