- This is the main international airport of Brussels. Due to damage and repairs from the explosions in March 2016, this information can change quickly.
- Reported additional security measures, as well as some military presence.
- The airport may require the inspection of passengers outside, as was reported in May 2016.
- This is a modern airport with one terminal. In the terminal is Pier A for regional flights. Pier B is for flights only outside the Schengen zone.
- Airport staff and security staff are generally not against night travelers.
- Starbucks Coffee Shop is open 24 hours a day in the departure lounge.
- Wi-Fi is available.
- Departure zone has many tension benches. Pay attention to large sofas that can accommodate up to 3 or 4 people.
- Night departures are not many, so it can be quite quiet.
- Several hotels are located on or near the airport.
Economy class travelers can buy a pass and rest in several airport lounges, shower cabins are available in one.
If you are an economy class traveler, you can use the airport lounges either by purchasing a guest pass or through the membership program. Visit the separate room page for more details:
- Diamond Lounge- Location: Terminal A, landing zone, 2nd floor, Schengen flights. Opening hours: 5:00 AM — 9:00 PM (daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€ 27.00) • Priority Pass.
- Diamond Lounge- Location: Terminal B, landing zone. There are showers. Opening hours: 5:00 — 10:00 PM (daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€ 27.00) • Book Online (£ 22.00) • Priority Pass.
- Brussels Airlines Lounge- Location: Terminal A, landing zone, near gate A42. Brussels Airlines Lounge — Location: Terminal B, Boarding Zone, near Gate B01.
Unlimited free Wi-Fi is available at the airport. You must provide information or use your Facebook or Google+ account to access the network. Telenet, Boingo and IPASS can use their logins. Information about Brussels Airport can be obtained online without registering.
Computers with Internet access are available for rent. Location: Main terminal, in the departure area. Opening hours: 8:00 am — 8:00 pm (closed at 2:00 pm Sat, Sun). Computers with Internet access are also available at any of the five Telenet communication centers at the airport. Location: Pier A (near Gate A55-A57) • Pier B (near Gate B25-B27) • Topaz (1st floor) • Zone T (near Gate A / T68 and A / T70)
There are hotels near the airport that offer express services:
- Sheraton Hotel — located opposite the airport terminal, this is the only hotel on the airport. Their website says it’s 39 steps from the terminal. There are rooms for the day (8:00 — 6:00). The free express to the airport runs every 15 minutes from 8:00 am to 8:45 pm (must be pre-booked).
- Novotel- (5 minutes from the airport) the free express to the airport is open 24/7.
- Ibis Brussels Airport- (8 minutes from the airport) Free express airport operates from 4:00 am to 10:00 am and 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm (4:00 pm to 9:00 pm on weekends).
- Crowne Plaza- (5 minutes from the airport) the express is open from 6:00 am to 10:50 pm.
To find a cheap room, see the list of hotels near Zaventem Airport on Tripadvisor,
- ATMs / ATMs- Belfius ATMs issuing euros: Departure hall • Arrivals hall • Piers A and B • Baggage Reclaim Travelex foreign currency ATMs issuing GBP and USD are located in these places: Hall departure • Gate T • Piers A and B
- Baby Care- baby care products are located in the toilets of the entire airport. Several restaurants will warm baby food on request.
- Baggage carts — Available for free.
- Car rental Yes
- Children’s playground- Location: Gate A / T68 • near the gate B40.
- Currency exchange- Travelex offers currency exchange, international money transfers, travelers checks and tax refunds. Location: Arrivals hall, baggage claim area (Hours: 6:00 — 10:00 PM) • departure hall (Hours: 6:00 AM — 9:00 pm).
- Drinking Water — Thirst? Drinking water fountains are available throughout Pierce A and at various levels.
- Duty free Shops- IDF Duty-Free is available at Pier A in the shopping area. Hours: 4:30 am — 9:00 pm (closed at 8:00 pm Sat.). Also a large variety of retail stores.
- Food and beverages — food points throughout the airport work with different schedules. These options are open 24 hours.
- Hairdresser — male and female hairdressers. Location: no data. Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Medical Services — MEDA provides emergency medical care at Brussels Airport. Location: ground terminal Level 0. Work time: 24 hours a day.
- Help desk — lost or need some information from the airport? Information desk is in the arrival hall. Opening hours: 6:00 AM — 9:00 PM (daily).
- Luggage and lockers are available for free hands at the airport, small short-term storage lockers are available in the departure area at € 1 for 30 minutes, € 2 for 1 hour, € 3 for 2 hours and € 5 for 24 hours. Location Location: Pier A shopping area, ground floor and 1st floor. If you have more luggage or need to store it for a longer period of time, Landside coin lockers at € 7.50 per 24 hours. After 72 hours, your luggage will be moved to the storage room, where it will be returned to you after payment of the fee. Oversized luggage should be stored in the storage room, call the intercom on duty near the lockers. Location: Level 0, to the left of the facade, accessible by passing the terminal through the exit of the bus station.
- The Wrapping Camera service is available at a rate of € 10 — € 20 per bag, depending on the size. Location: Departure area, opposite the escalator Opening hours: 4:30 am — 10:00 pm
- Pharmacy — departure hall. Work time: 7:00 am — 7:00 pm.
- Post Office — PostPunt / Point Poste Location: Arrivals floor, louisdelhaize Supermarket Hours supermarket: 8:00 am — 8:00 pm (closed on Sunday).
- Prayer Rooms- The airport offers a Muslim prayer room, a Jewish prayer room, a Catholic prayer room, a room for Orthodox, Protestants, and a “Meditation Space for Free-Thought Thinkers.” Location: Pier A, landing zone, close to Gate 42 • Pier B, Mezzanine, Duty free shopping area.
- Showers — located in the Diamond Lounge
- Smoking — two smoking rooms are located in the landing zone: Pier B, not far from gate 17 • pier A, not far from gate 63
open 24 hours.
Buses stop at one of the three platforms inside the bus station, located at level 0, just below the arrival hall.
De Line buses provide connections between the airport, the city and the surrounding region. Destinations include Brussels North Railway Station (lines 272 and 471), NATO (lines 272, 471 and 620) and the Brussels Metro Station Roodebeek (lines 359 and 659), as well as regional service in Mechelen (lines 681, 682 and 683 ), Leuven (616, 651 and 652), Vilvoorde (282, 621, 683820 and 821), Merchtem (821), Jette (820), BrusselsExpo (820), Diegem (272, 282, 620 and 621), Haacht ( 660), Roodebeek (359) and EN Groenendaal (830). Several lines also stop at Brucargo. DeLijn buses use platforms A or B.
Airport Line offers a route between the airport and the European Quarter. On weekdays until 8:00 pm, the line operates as an express bus 12, makes limited stops and takes about 30 minutes to travel in one direction. After 8:00 pm on weekdays, all weekends are long and on holidays, the line operates as a bus 21, offering regular bus service at all stops along the route. Airport Line buses use the C platform. Discounted tickets are available for sale at GO ticket machines or at full price from the bus driver.
Airport Express buses run between the airport and the KoninginAstridplein district, close to the central railway station and the IbisStylesAntwerpenCityCenter. Buses also stop at the CrownePlazaAntwerp, only on request. Reservations are not required and tickets are sold by bus. The fare is € 10 for an adult one way ticket, payable only in cash (Euro and US dollars are accepted).
The following rental agencies are located in the arrival hall: Avis / Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transfer services as a courtesy to their guests. Votneskolkogostinits, predlagayuschihuslugitransferadoaeroporta: AxisHotel • CourtyardbyMarriottBrussels • CrownePlazaHotelBrusselsAirport • Formule 1 BrusselsAirport • GoldenTulipBrusselsAirport • GreshamBelsonHotel • HolidayInnBrusselsAirport • IbisBrusselsAirport • IbisBudgetBrusselsAirport • Mercure Brussels Airport • NH Brussels Airport • Novotel Brussels Airport • Pentahotel Brussels Airport • Thon Hotel Brussels Airport • Van der Valk Brussels Airport .
Taxis with meters are available outside the arrival hall around the clock. Reservation is not required. For safety reasons, use only licensed taxis with a blue and yellow emblem, and do not accept travel offers from illegal taxis. A one-way trip between the airport and the city is € 45.