In this section you will find reviews of travelers about Brisbane airport, as well as a guide with information about Wi-Fi, recreation areas, amenities and services, reviews of travelers about the airport, and even the names of some hotels near the airport in case you do not want to spend the night in the airport.
To help you plan your time at the airport, we offer traveler feedback on how they spent time at Brisbane Airport.
- Brisbane Airport has two terminals: one for international flights and the other for domestic flights. A free shuttle bus transports passengers between two terminals.
- Free unlimited Wi-Fi available. You can view information about Wi-Fi in the Internet section.
- There is a sale of food and drinks 24 hours a day.
- The international terminal is the best choice for a good night’s rest, there is no comfortable seating in the domestic terminal. Reviewers praise comfortable sleeping sofas at the International Terminal.
- Several reviewers noted that level 4 (departures) at the International Terminal is the best place to sleep. There is also a prayer room on this floor.
- Air conditioning tends to run at full capacity, so be sure to take a warm sweater or blanket.
- Some travelers complained about loud TVs, so take along with the earbuds or noise-canceling headphones.
- For extended sleep, there are hotels near the airport. View information about hotels nearby can be in the section «Hotels».
- There is a market near the airport, it is called Skygate, it has a supermarket and specialty stores. You can reach it by a free bus between the terminals, or by using an airtrain.
- There are free showers in several bathrooms within the airport.
- Economy class passengers can use the services of the business lounge. Information on this can be found in the “Recreation Zones” section.
Information about the services and features of the airport can be found below. Send us tips on visiting Brisbane airport so that our information is always up to date.
In this guidebook we will refer to the terms of the location «outside» and «inside». «Outside» is a public, unguarded terminal area, located in front of the security check. “Inside” is a protected area of the terminal that you enter after passing through security control.
If you are traveling economy class, and are a member of the privileges program of one of the airlines, you can visit the airport’s business lounge. Or enter for a fee. Visit the webpage of the hall of interest for more information.
- Domestic Terminal
— Hall VirginAustraliaLounge – inside, opposite exit 41. To visit you must be a member of the club VirginAustralia.
— QantasClub Hall– inside, level 1 of the departure zone, opposite exit 22. To visit, you must be a Qantas Club participant.
— Hall QantasClub –international terminal, inside. For a visit you should be a participant of the QantasClub.
— Hall AirNewZealandKoruClub – inside, a zone of international departures. There are souls. To visit you must be a member of AirNewZealandKoruClub.
— HallPlazaPremiumLounge – international terminal, inside, level 4. There are showers. Opening hours: 05:00 — 23:00. Admission: payment at the entrance (AUD 66 for 5 hours) • by reservation (£ 42.00 — by purchasing the minimum 24 hours before the trip) • Entrance is possible for the participants of the PriorityPass program.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport, connect to the “@BNE_FREE WI-FI” network. You must enter e-mail. In the halls of VirginAustralia and Qantas there is also wireless access. At levels 2, 3 and 4 of the International Terminal, cost 2 Australian dollars for 20 minutes
If you do not want to sleep inside the airport, here is a list of hotels nearby:
- IbisBudgetHotel — (5 minutes from the airport) Shuttle service.
- NovotelBrisbaneAirport — (5 minutes from the airport) located in Skygate, next to the airport. Transit time from 05:00 -09: 00 and 17:00 — 21:00, cost $ 5 per person one way. There are transfer stops at both the international and domestic terminals. After hours, you can use the free SkygateTerminalBus bus from the airport to the Woolworth’s hotel. Novotel is across the street.
- Comfort Inn Suites Northgate Airport Hotel — (3 minutes from the airport) Transfers are available on Monday at the pre-booking.
- Best WesternAirport 85 — (7 minutes from the airport) Shuttle service.
- AirportAdmiraltyMotel — (8 minutes from the airport) Shuttle service with extra charge, opening hours from 04:00 to 21:00.
To find a cheap room — look at the list of hotels near Brisbane Airport on TripAdvisor, where you can also sort them by price.
More information about the service, amenities and other features at the airport
- Service assistance to travelers are men and women dressed in a blue and yellow shirt are ready to offer assistance.
- ATM / ATMs — ATMs are available at all levels of the international and domestic terminals (both inside and outside). The company has several terminals that serve foreign currency (Australian dollars, New Zealand dollars, US dollars and euros).
- Child care — there are 9 rooms for mothers and children in international and domestic terminals. They have a separate feeding room, a changing area and a microwave.
- Baggage carts — is in the International terminal, free of charge. However, in the internal terminal, the fee is $ 4.
- Car rental — yes, see section Transport.
- Currency exchange — travelex offices are located in the international terminal, levels 2 and 3 • internal terminal — levels 1 and 2.
- Drinking water is drinking fountains.
- Food and Drink — the following places are open 24 hours a day: Woolworths (Skygate) • McDonalds (BNE ServiceCentre). Vending machines: international terminal: level 1, 2, 3 and 4 and domestic terminal: level 1 and 2.
- Hot water appliances — for lovers of noodles or hot tea with the possibility of self-service hot water is available at any convenient time. Location: international terminal, Level 3, close to public toilets near TheCoffeeClub.
- The information desk — the information desk is located in the international terminal, level 2, outside (Opening hours: 05:00 — 02:00) and in the domestic terminal, central square, level 1 (Opening hours: from 07:00 to 14:45).
- Cameras and storage rooms — there is in the international terminal (ground floor, entrance from the parking lot) and in the domestic terminal behind the terminals Virgin and Quantas. The cost of storage is $ 10.00 a small suitcase) • $ 12 (medium) • $ 14.00 (large) for up to 24 hours. Guests can use lockers for 24 hours — a fee of $ 4 — $ 8 for a small locker in the range from 4 to 24 hours and for large $ 8 — $ 12 for 4 -24 hours.
- Massage chairs — 8 seats are located in the International Terminal, 2 in the terminal for domestic flights and 2 in the Skygate area. Cost: $ 2.00 for the first 4 minutes, $ 1.00 for each additional minute.
- Recharging Mobile Devices — Location: Domestic Terminal opposite Cavu, Level 2. International Terminal Level 3 — inside (opposite JR / WatchСo.)
- Pharmacy — general health products, medicines, cosmetics, skin care and perfume are sold. Location: inside, level 2, opposite exit 23. Opening hours: from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Prayer Room — Location: International Terminal, Level 4, right.
- Shower cabins — free shower cabins are located at both terminals. International Terminal, Level 2 and Level 3, Departure Hall • Domestic flight terminal, 2nd floor. Showers are also available in several rooms. [see the recreation area]
- Smoking — the smoking area is located in the international terminal, level 3, inside, behind the CoffeeeClub. Smoking areas outside can be crowded with airport workers.
- The tax refund office for tourists is at level 3, inside, you can refund the tax for certain purchases. You must have receipts and the opportunity to show purchases, be careful, customs officers can be very rude.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Con-x-ion transfers carry bus passengers, at the international terminal, their counter is on the second level, and another one is at the terminal of domestic flights. For information on routes and costs, visit the Con-x-ion website.
The following rental companies operate in the airport Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Redspot • Thrifty. At the international terminal at level 2 in the domestic at level 1.
The following hotels offer transportation: Airolodge International Airport • Airport Motel • Best Western Airport Airport • Motel 85 Airport • International Airport Airport • Airport Terminal • Airport Street • Airport Street (Elisabeth Street) • Airport Street (Brisbane Airport).
Airtrain trains run between the airport, Brisbane and Gold Coast. For detailed information, visit the Airtrain site.
Taxi service is offered by BlackWhiteCabs and YellowCab. You can catch the northern exit from the arrivals area, level 2.