In this section you will find reviews of airport travelers, as well as our Tegel Airport Guide with information on Wi-Fi, cafes, amenities and services …. and yes, even the name of hotels located close to the airport in case you decide that going to the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your stay or overnight stay, you only have to look at the following information about what to expect during your stay at the airport in Berlin Tegel.
- The staff are tolerant of sleeping at night.
- There are 5 different terminals, but they are small and easily passable. After you pass through the security service, you are in a zone with several gates and a few objects.
- Wi-Fi is free for 1 hour. . See the WiFi section in the Airport Guide below.
- The terminal closes from midnight to 3:30 in the morning; Only Terminal A operates after midnight as the main one.
- In terminal A you can find soft benches at the top near the customs / police office.
- The seats are usually metal and often curved, so think of something that you can lean on.
- Some travelers report that security at night can check your travel plans and passport; others report that homeless people are looking for a rest at the airport.
- Low noise at night.
- For long sleep at the airport there are cabins for sleeping and several hotels near the airport. See the Airport section Hotels in the Airport Guide below.
- economy class travelers can buy a pass to one of the airport waiting rooms (without showers). See the Airport Lounges section in the Airport Guide.
For more information about the services and benefits available, scroll down to continue exploring our Berlin Tegel Airport Guide. Send us your airport recommendations to help us keep this information up to date.
In this Guide, we can refer to locations such as the «ground» and «air» zone. The “ground” zone is the total area of the terminal located in the unguarded zone. Aerial is a protected area of the terminal, which you can reach by passing through the security service.
If you are traveling economy class, you can enter the rest rooms at Berlin Tegel Airport either by purchasing a guest pass or through the membership program. Visit the separate waiting room page for more details (services, opening hours, passage and membership information.):
- Airport Club Lounge — Location: Terminal A, Landside, 1st Floor. Opening hours: 7:00 AM — 8:00 PM (Mon — Sat) • 9:00 — 8:00 PM (Sun). Access to the waiting room: Payment at the door • Book Online (25.00 £) • Priority Pass.
In addition, there are 3 airline lounges that require elite entry status: Air France — British Airways • Terrace Lounge (Location (Location: Terminal A, 1st floor) Hours 4:45 AM 9:30 pm. ): Terminal A, 1st floor Hours: 5:30 am — 8:30 Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri and 5:30 — 7:30 pm Tue, Thu and Sat) • Lufthansa Lounge (terminal a , 1st floor Hours: 5:15 — 9:15 pm.).
Free Wi-Fi is available at Berlin Tegel Airport for 60 minutes. Connect to the network «Airport Free Wi-Fi Telekom».
If you do not want to stay overnight at Berlin Tegel Airport, there are hotels near the airport:
- Napcabs — self-catering, bed, small desk, A / C, privacy blinds, internet access, and much more. Location: Landside, next to the Tegel Sky meeting room in Terminal B, Level 3. Nap cabs can be ordered and purchased on-site (by credit card). Prices per hour: 15 € per hour, 30 € minimum (maximum 12 hours of stay). No pre-order.
- Mercure Airport Hotel Berlin Tegel — (2 minutes from the airport) there is a shuttle service.
- Central Hotel Tegel — (5 minutes from the airport) different reviews, this is a budget hotel near the airport. No airport shuttle service.
- Days Inn Berlin West — (9 minutes from the airport) No Airport Transfer.
- Hotel De France — (10 minutes from the airport) No Airport Shuttle
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels in the Tegel airport area on Tripadvisor, which can be sorted by price.
Additional services, amenities and things you can do while waiting at the airport
- ATMs — ATMs are available 24 hours a day at terminal A (to the service center and departure of the ring gates) and to Terminal C (in the controlled area, fence with a gate area). Some ATMs issue foreign currency. See the Currency Exchange section below.
- Child care room — it is possible to change the diaper, a small playground and reading area, a couch, and a sanitary zone are available in the family room. Location: Terminal A, first floor (floor 0). Diaper changing rooms are available at all terminals of the airport.
- Berlin WelcomeCard — Have a long or unexpected landing detour in Berlin? Berlin WelcomeCard is a tourist ticket that offers free round-the-clock public transport, welcome guide and city map, discounts on local attractions and business, including restaurants! Prices start at EUR 19.50. Visit the Passenger information kiosk for details.
- Car rental — Yes, see our airport section below.
- Children’s Playground — Games and colorful, soft seats are available in the game room. Location: Terminal C1, Airside
- Currency Exchange — You have several currency exchange options:
- Rack Exchange: Reisebank Currency Exchange — Address: Terminal A, Terminal D Hours: 6:30 am — 9:00 pm Travelex Currency Exchange Office — Address: Terminal A, Departure Ring, next to Gate O • Terminal C Hours: 5 : 15 am — 9:45 pm
- 24-hour ATM Foreign currency (Euro / USD / British Pound Sterling): Berliner Sparkasse (Terminal A, departure ring, gate 12) • Reisebank (Terminal A, Transfer Terminal B) • Travelex (Terminal A, departure ring, next to the gate 0, 3 and 6) • Travelex (Terminal C, Airside)
- Duty Free and Shopping — Heinemann Duty Free is available at all security checkpoints. There is a wide variety of retail stores in Terminal C and Tegel Boulevard. Opening hours are different.
- Food and Drinks — No 24-hour food and beverage stores. Concessions begin to open at 4:00 am and close after the last flight.
- Hair Salon — Location: Terminal A, Service Center Hours: 9:00 AM — 7:00 PM (Mon-Fri), 10:00 — 6:00 pm (Sat), 10:00 — 7:00 pm (Sun ).
- Information desks — The main information desk is located in the main hall of Terminal A. Another one is located in Terminal C.
- Luggage and lockers — Luggage can be stored in the luggage room for as many hours and days as you need. Prices € 7.20 — € 9.90 per bag / item, per day. Luggage packing is also available. Location: Terminal A, Service Center, ground floor Hours: 5:00 am — 10:30 pm.
- Packing Luggage — Location: Terminal A, Service Center, in the left luggage compartment area • Terminal C, station terminal Hours: 5:00 AM — 9:00 PM.
- Observation deck — Large observation post for monitoring aircraft and departures! Cost: 3 EUR per adult ticket. Location: Terminal D, Airside, above the departure ring. Opening hours: 8:00 am — 8:00 pm April to October and 10:00 am — 4:00 pm November to March
- Pharmacy — Location: Terminal A: Opening Hours 7:00 AM — 9:00 PM. A pharmacy vending machine sells first-aid kits and tablets 24 hours a day in Terminal C (in the controlled area, gate 38-57).
- Post Office — If you want to send your letters and postcards to friends and family members, you can send them from the airport using a stamping machine and a mailbox. Location: Terminal A, Service Center.
- Shops — There are many options around the airport, including convenient bookstores, travel essentials, beverages, etc. Location: Both Landside and Airside. Work time: 4:30 — 10:00 PM Approx.
- Showers — Paid showers are available during the daytime downstairs in Terminal A.
The terminal is open 3:30 am — 12:00 am.
Berlin Tegel is served by the following local buses:
The TXL JetExpressBus and X9 JetExpressBus are the fastest way to travel between the airport and the city center, with connections available for S-Bahn or U-Bahn trains available at almost all stops. The Zoological Garden (City West) is just 20 minutes from the airport, via the X9 JetExpress bus. Alexanderplatz (City East) is approximately 45 minutes from the airport, if you are using the TXL JetExpressBus, or you can use this bus to get to the central station (Hauptbahnhof), and change to the S-Bahn to get to the city center in 30 minutes
128 Bus offers U-Bahn service stops Osloer Strasse, Franz-Neumann-Platz and Kurt-Schumacher-Platz. Route 109 leads to S-Bahn and U-Bahn trains via the Zoological Garden, Jungfernheide and Jakob-Kaiser-Platz stops.
Berlin Tegel is located in Zone B, and at least an AB ticket is required to travel to or from the city center on the VBB network. During this update, a ticket in the AB zone for one trip is € 2.70 per adult, valid for up to 2 hours of travel after the check. For information on route maps, traffic routes and additional fare, visit the VBB website (Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg).
Visitors to Berlin can purchase theBerlin CityTourCard or theBerlin WelcomeCard for an unlimited number of local public transport trips of up to 6 days, along with some large discounts for visitors to attractions, local establishments and restaurants. Prices start at € 19.50 per adult. Both cards are sold online, by phone, at the Berlin Tourist Info centers, at the airport and in various shops and hotels in Berlin. For more information and pricing, visit theBerlin WelcomeCard or theBerlin CityTourCard websites.
The following intercity services are available from the airport: BLB Berlin Linien Bus (to / from Dresden, Frankfurt am Main, Leipzig, Jena, Erfurt and Giessen), Interglobus / Follow Me (to / from Kołobrzeg, Koszalin and Szczecin) and PKS Szczecin (in / from Szczecin). Contact your service provider for more details.
Car rental services are handled at the Car Rental Center, located on the lower floor, near Terminal E and Car Park P2. Car rental agencies: Avis / Budget, Buchbinder / Global Drive, Enterprise / National / Alamo, Europcar, Hertz / Dollar / Thrifty and Sixt. Hours of work of agencies vary slightly, but most of them are open daily from 7:00 — 11:00 PM.
Taxis are available for 24-hour taxi ranks located in the inner ring of Terminal A (about Gates 6-9), as well as on the outside of C and E terminals. All taxis are equipped with meters, and reservations are not required. Supplements apply for maxi booths, bulky baggage and cashless payments. For security reasons, use the services of a clearly marked taxi, and do not accept offers of taxi rides from people who appear to be taxi drivers at the airport terminal.
During this update, Berlin Tegel is not served by any railway network. The nearest S-Bahn station, Beusselstrasse, can be reached in 10 minutes from the airport via the TXL JetExpressBus. The nearest U-Bahn station, Jakob-Kaiser-Platz, is just 5 minutes away on the X9 JetExpressBus.