In this guidebook you can find tourist reviews about Banjul airport, as well as information on Wi-Fi access, a variety of on-site cafes, facilities and services and yes, even hotels at the airport or nearby if you need to spend the night, but sleep at the airport — this is not for you![Old] terminal was just a shack complete with lizards and snakes hiding in the roof space — unknown
To help you plan your arrival or the possibility of a stopover for the night, we have compiled a guide for you based on the feedback from the tourists who visited Banjul International Airport.
- One clean and pleasant international airport terminal in which a small number of shops and restaurants.
- As of December 2016, we have no reviews from travelers who have spent the night at the airport. Write your own review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport.
Economy class passengers may pay to enter a first class recreation area.
In this manual, we can use the following terms: «shared zone» and «controlled zone». The “public access zone” is a public zone located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. “Controlled zone” is a protected area of the terminal, where you get, having passed the pre-flight control.
- First Class Lounge- Location: Monitored Zone, 1st Floor. Opening hours: from 8:00 to 12:00.
- Internet is available in the business center of the airport. SIM cards and 3 GB USB drives, widely available for purchase in the Gambia, can be activated in stores within the airport.
- Gambia Coral Beach Hotel Spa- (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged at the hotel for an additional fee.
- Baobab Holiday Resort- (20 minutes from the airport) airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel ($).
- ATMs — Location: Common Area, Main Hall. ATMs in the airport issue local currency only (GMD).
- Car rental — Yes.
- Currency Exchange — Yes. Trust Bank provides currency exchange services. Location: Common Area, Main Hall.
- Duty Free and Duty Free shops are located in the departure area of international flights. A variety of newsstands and retail stores are available in the main departure and arrival halls.
- Food and Drinks — Grocery stores at the airport operate on different schedules. We cannot confirm the availability of 24-hour stores or restaurants.
- Help Desk — Location: public area, Main Hall.
Hertz has kiosks at the airport. Some local car rental agencies offer pick up on arrival.
Some local hotels offer airport transfers. Contact your hotel to check availability and details.
Taxis can be rented in the airport area during airport hours. The average fare from the airport to the city of Bacau, Kololi, or Kotu is 200 — 300 Dalasi, and between the airport and Banjul, the average fare is 400 — 500 Dalasi. Tariffs are higher if paid in foreign currency.