In this section you will find tourist reviews about the airport, as well as our guide to Bangors airport information about WiFi, lounges, amenities and services …. and also, even the name of the hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping at the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your arrival or arrival overnight, we have compiled a brief instruction based on the feedback from travelers who visited Bangor Airport.
- A small airport with a small number of shops and restaurants.
- changes or cancellations of flights are largely due to weather conditions.
- The airport turns into a virtual ghost town after the last flights are completed. All shops and services close at night.
- The airport provides free Wi-Fi.
- Although the airport closes at 1:00 am, observers report that it is allowed to sleep at the airport all night without interference from airport personnel.
- Due to the lack of armrests on the chairs, reviewers who decided to stay overnight at the airport slept on the floor.
- There is an airport hotel. See information below.
- Blankets, pillows, snacks, berushin are in the wish list for tourists who decide to spend the night at Bangor airport.
- Shops, fast food restaurants and a grocery store are within walking distance of the airport.
For more information on the services and facilities available, look below to continue exploring our Bangor Airport Guide. Send us your tips to help us improve this information.
In this guide, we can refer to the locations of “public access zones” and “controlled zones”. The common access area is a public area of the terminal located in an unprotected area. The controlled area is a safe area of the terminal.
There is no charge for using the rest room.
Free Wi-Fi is available at Bangor Airport. Connection in the main terminal area.
If you consider sleeping at the Airport not acceptable for yourself, then near the airport there are hotels:
- FourPointsbySheratonBangorAirport — Restrooms are offered subject to availability.
- DaysInnBangor — 6 minutes from the airport) Free transfer to the airport is provided.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bangor Airport on Tripadvisor, which can be sorted by price.
Additional services, amenities and employment at the time of transfer at the airport
- ATMs — The ATM is located in the common access area on the 2nd floor of the Inner Terminal, near restaurants.
- Baggage carts — 1st floor of the Inner Terminal.
- Rent a car – See the section below.
- Children’s Playground — Two locations: Indoor terminal, airside, gate 1 and 6 on the 2nd floor.
- Currency exchange — no
- Food and Drinks — The airport offers two catering options for the public area: RefuelerPubGrill • TheHighlandsCafe. A small cafe is an accessible air zone. All are located in the common access area on the 2nd floor in the Domestic Terminal.
- Information desk — no
- Luggage storage and lockers — not available.
- Mobile charging stations — yes, available in the controlled area near Gate 1 and 6.
- Shower — no
The airport is open from 3:00 am to 1:00 am.
Some private companies serve Bangor airports, offering transportation throughout the region. A list of bus companies and the areas they serve can be found on the website of Bangor International Airport.
Local car rental agencies include Avis, BudgetRentACar, Hertz and National / Alamo.
Several hotels provide transportation services to the airport as a courtesy for their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport transfer services: BangorMotorInn • DaysInnBangor • EconoLodge • HamptonInnBangor • HolidayInnBangor-OdlinRoad • QualityInn • RamadaBangor • Super 8 Bangor
Taxis are readily available in the land terminal area of the terminal during airport hours. All taxis are equipped with meters and reservations are not required.