In this section, you will find reviews of airport visitors, as well as our Bangkok Airport Guide (Suvarnabhumi), containing information about Wi — Fi, catering, amenities and services, as well as the names of several hotels located near the airport, if you are not interested in relaxing on the airport territory .
For planning your stay and overnight stay, we offer you a short guide, which was compiled thanks to feedback from travelers who visited Bangkok Airport (Suvarnabhumi) earlier.
- Suvarnabhumiya is the largest of the two airports in Bangkok and serves as the main international airport connecting the whole world.
- Relatively new, beautiful and modern airport, reminiscent of a giant space station. The only terminal is one of the largest terminals in the world — which makes it a bit confusing to navigate. Restrooms are clean, but they are few and far between. One of the visitors suggests using the toilet before heading down to the basement for your Exit, as the toilet is not easily accessible in the Airside.
- Free Wi — Fi is available. See WiFi in the airport manual below.
- The airport is filled with a lot of travelers, but the night sleep at the airport is possible using the chairs and some private, quiet places.
- Visit the observation deck on the 4th floor (follow the signs for Airline Passenger Services) a little conditioned air, but it won’t be cold at night. This is a quiet area with several semi-comfortable benches.
- Floor B has a few quiet spots near Subway and 7-Eleven; they fill up quickly.
- Also on floor B, many people gather under the stairs for a rest-but the floor is cold, so you need to lie down for something (This is the entrance to the suburban train, which is closed 1-6AM so calmly here.)
- The area near the International Zone’s prayer has comfortable couches (Traveler, February 2016).
- Another big place on the 7th floor of the observation deck, a preferred place for airport employees. It’s quiet, safe, and there is a power outlet or two!
- A popular place is in the basement. There are quiet areas between the porch from 7 to 10.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are sleep boxes and a transit hotel within the airport. See Hotels near the airport in the airport manual below.
- Free drinking water near most bathrooms.
- Showers are available in several pay rooms.
- Economy class travelers can purchase a pass to many airport lounges, some have a shower. See Airport Lounges in the airport manual below for location and prices.
You will receive up-to-date information about the existing services and tariffs. To do this, go down the page. Send recommendations and suggestions to improve the service and operation of the airport, to form the current information.
In the guidebook the following terms are used, such as “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone represents an open terminal platform into which the passenger enters in front of the pre-flight security control zone. The air zone is a protected zone of the terminal, which you reach by passing through passport and customs control.
For economy class travelers, it is possible to visit the recreation areas at Kuala Lumpur Airport by purchasing a guest pass on site or through a program of participants. Visit the separate lounge page for more details (i.e. locations, hours of operation, and information about the participants program.)
- Louis ’Tavern CIP First Class — Location: International Terminal, Airside, Main Hall A, Airside, Block 2, Level 3 (East Side). Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance • Book online (£ 29 — up to 3 hours or £ 60 — up to 5 hours — an advance payment is required for at least 24 hours)
- Louis ’Tavern CIP First Class — Location: International Terminal, Airside, Main Hall C, Airside, Level 3 (East Side). Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance • Book online (£ 29 — up to 3 hours or £ 60 — up to 5 hours — not less than 24 hours advance payment is required)
- Oman first Business Class Lounge — Location: International Terminal, Airside, Main Hall E, Airside, Level 3 (West Side). Showers are available. Opening hours: different. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance • Book online (£ 20 — up to 3 hours — at least 24 hours in advance is required)
- Air France KLM SkyLounge — Location: International Terminal, Airside, Main Hall F, 3rd floor, near gate F2. Showers are available. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance • Book online (£ 22 — at least 24 hours in advance is required)
- Louis ’Tavern CIP First Class — Location: International Terminal, Airside, Main Hall F, Level 3 (West Side). Opening hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Payment at the entrance
- Louis ’Tavern CIP First Class — Location: International Terminal, Airside, Main Hall G, Airside, Level 3 (West Side). Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance • Book online (£ 29 — up to 3 hours or £ 60 — up to 5 hours — an advance payment is required for at least 24 hours)
- Louis ’Tavern CIP First Class — Location: International Terminal, Airside, Main Hall G, Airside, Level 3 (West Side). Showers are available. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Payment at the entrance
- Louis ’Tavern CIP First Class — Location: International Terminal, Airside, Main Hall G, Airside, Level 4 (West Side), opposite Gate 2. Showers are available. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: Payment at the entrance • Book online (£ 29 — up to 3 hours or £ 60 — up to 5 hours — not less than 24 hours advance payment is required)
- Free Wi-Fi is available at Bangkok Airport for 2 hours. For using the Internet over this time, you have to pay. Connect to the «@AirportFreeWifi» network.
- There are 126 internet kiosks offering free internet access. Users can only connect for 15 minutes at a time. After your time has expired you can log in again.
In case the available rest area at Bangkok airport does not suit you, consider the hotels inside and near the airport:
- Miracle Transit Hotel — (former Louis «Tavern Transit Hotel Dayrooms») — located on the airport, Airside, 4th floor, International Departure Hall, Main Hall G. Room use is available for 6 — 12 hours. The hotel has a beauty salon, sauna, spa, free Wi-Fi and duty free shops.
- Boxtel — Location: Signpost “Suvarnabhumi Station”, Basement Floor (B) along the ticket sale index and store 30 meters. After this, on the left you will see Boxtel. Each soundproofed A / C room has a full bed with a blanket and a pillow, free Wi-Fi, a desk, an alarm clock and key cards. Restrooms are shared. Prices 1,250 Baht for 4 hours rental unit.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel — 10-minute walk from the airport or free transfer from the airport. The hotel offers non-stop rooms.
- YHA Bangkok Airport Hostel- (4 minutes from the airport) There is no transfer from the airport.
- BS Residence Suvarnabhumi — (5 minutes from the airport) 24-hour free transfer from the airport (pre-order by e-mail is required), after passing through customs and baggage claim procedures, proceed to the 2nd floor to the Collection point Exit No 4, where the driver with a sign BS Residence will meet you. Rooms are available from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM from 600 Baht.
- Plai Garden Boutique Guesthouse — (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer available on request for 120 Baht one way.
- Mariya Boutique Hotel — (5 minutes from the airport) A free 24-hour airport shuttle is available on request.
- Best Western Premier Amaranth Hotel Suvarnabhumi Airport — round-the-clock airport shuttle.
To see more options, we offer a list of hotels near Bangkok Airport (Suvarnabhumi) on Tripadvisor; you can choose the options by price, distance, traveler rating and popularity.
Offered additional services and entertainment during your stay at the airport
- ATMs — ATMs are available at terminals 2, 3 and 4.
- Car rental — Yes, see our airport transfer section below.
- Children’s playgrounds — Location: near the transfer zone of the Main Hall B and D (west side) and on the 4th floor of the Main Halls C and D (East and West wing).
- Currency Exchange — Location: Main Hall D, Floor B.
- Duty free Shopping — duty free shops can be found on the 4th floor of the main building. A variety of retail stores, mini markets and stores are available throughout the passenger terminal and the basement of the building.
- Food and Drinks — Lots of food options and convenience stores located in both the Air Zone and the Free Access Zone. In September 2016, the reader shared information on the availability of a 24-hour catering facility (Free Access Zone, first floor, in the area of the waiting area). Reader’s feedback: “Accept cash only, food coupons zone (you can exchange your cash for paper coupons to buy food and drinks, you can reverse the exchange of a coupon for money if you haven’t used it). Only about 15 food stalls with basic Thai cuisine. Prices vary mainly 40-100 baht, the price of beverages starting from 10 baht for bottled water. This is not the most sanitary place in the world, but typical of Thai food. Most of his employees are visited, I noticed that there is an escalator in front of the power point, but it is only for employees. It is possible to go back to the exit, but you have to walk about 300 meters to the public access escalator. I think this is kind of a secret. «
- Information Desk — There is an information desk in the Airside Passenger Terminal Departure and Arrivals. Eight information racks are located in the passenger sectors of the Arrival and Valeta on the lower floor.
- Luggage storage — Location: Left Luggage Baggage Service Center, 2nd floor, Arrival Hall, Baggage Claim, 4th floor, Departure Hall, behind the front desk Q. Price: THB 100 per seat per day.
- Medical institutions — 5 clinics can be found throughout the airport on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of Hall D.
- Prayer Rooms — Location: Terminal 3, Airside and Free Access Zone.
- Recreation areas — the airport has several recreation areas with comfortable lounge chairs on the third floor, Hall B and D (on the west side).
- Showers — Showers are located in the Louis ’Tavern Transit Hotel and Tavern CIP First Class Lounges International Terminal, Airside, Hall G, Airside, Level 4 (West side) and Level 3 (West side). [See Airport Lounges and Hotels near Airport above]
- Excursions — If you are passing through, you can take 4, 5 and 7-hour excursions in Bangkok. Sightseeing tables are located in the Arrivals Sector, Hall C / D and D / E at the intersection.
- Smoking rooms — Location: International Departures, Halls: C, D, E, F and G, on the 2nd floor.
- Spa Location: Terminal 3, Airside and Free Access Zone
The airport is open 24 hours.
Five BMTA local bus lines operate from the Public Transport Center. The fare varies from THB 24 — 35. Bus routes:
550> from Suvarnabhumi to Happy Land (5:00 AM — 12:00 AM)
553> from Suvarnabhumi to Samutprakarn (5:00 AM — 10:00 PM)
554> from Suvarnabhumi to Rangsit (4:00 AM — 10:00 PM)
555> from Suvarnabhumi to Rangsit (runs to 2:00 AM)
558> from Suvarnabhumi to Samae Dam Garage (Opening hours not known)
Bor Khor Sor regional buses service the airport from the Public Transport Center. A ticket can be purchased at the service desk, which is open from 5:40 AM — 9:00 AM.
car rental services are available 24 hours on the 2nd floor of the passenger terminal, Exit 8. The following car rental agencies are represented: Avis, Bizcar, Budget / World Class, Hertz / Paragon, National (open 8:00 AM — 10:00 PM), Sixt and Thai Car Rental.
A free shuttle bus service between Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang Airports is available from 5:00 AM — 12:00 AM. A bus from Don Mueang Airport will take passengers to Exit 5 on the 4th floor of the passenger terminal.
There is a free shuttle bus service through the airport. Passengers can use one of four lines to get to the Public Transportation Center, Rachathewa Police Station, Novotel Airport Hotel and other airport terminals and parking facilities. Lines A and B start the route from the 1st floor of the passenger terminal (Exit 1 and 10). Lines C and D start the route from the Departure terminal (4th floor, Exit 5) or the Arrivals terminal (2nd floor, Exit 5).
Limousine service is available 24 hours a day at the airport. Highly qualified drivers for luxury sedans and SUVs, it is possible to rent a limousine from the airport Information desk on the 2nd floor in the Baggage Claims and at the exit from the Arrivals Zone. Prices depending on the distance traveled, all cars are equipped with a GPS for the safety of passengers.
Several route veins operate from the Airport’s Public Transportation Center. The itinerary vein provides transportation services, the price depends on the distance, movement along the established routes and directions throughout Bangkok. Departures are frequent, and the Vienna stop is located on the 1st floor of the Arrivals terminal, Gates 1 and 8. Price varies from THB 20 — 45 per passenger.
Taxis are easily available around the clock at Exits 4 and 7 on the 1st floor of the passenger terminal.
Bangkok Airport (Suvarnabhumi) is served by three railway lines that operate from Basement B:
SA City Line: The route between the airport and the Thai station Phaya Thai Station, with six stops along the way. Total travel time from the landing point to the end of the line: 30 minutes. Ticket price to THB 45 (maximum fare).