In this section, you will find reviews of airport visitors, as well as our Baku Airport Guide, containing information about Wi — Fi, catering facilities, facilities and services, as well as the names of several hotels located near the airport if you are not interested in relaxing on the airport.
For planning your stay and stopping for the night, we offer you a brief guide, which was compiled thanks to the feedback from travelers who visited Heydar Aliyev Baku International Airport earlier.
- A newly built modern international airport with two terminals (Terminal 1 and 2). The unique architectural design of the airport includes a cocoon-like structure from shops and restaurants.
- Some visitors complained about rude cafeteria staff, high food prices in the cafeteria for foreigners, and the lack of English-speaking airport staff.
- Shops and restaurants are considered a bit expensive, but open 24 hours!
- Free Wi — Fi is available. See WiFi in the airport manual below.
- Comfortable sofas are located near the salad bar on the 3rd floor in Terminal 2, also solid metal benches (with free armrests!) Are available in the main waiting area.
- Do not sleep in the Arrivals area, otherwise aggressive taxi drivers will pester you.
For uninterrupted rest we offer to use hotels located near the airport. See Hotels near the airport
in the airport manual below.
Passengers flying economy class service is available to use the waiting room of passengers of class 1, payment at the entrance. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide, below for location and pricing information.
You will receive up-to-date information about the existing services and tariffs. To do this, go down the page. Send recommendations and suggestions to improve the service and operation of the airport, to form the current information.
In the guidebook the following terms are used, such as “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone represents an open terminal platform into which the passenger enters in front of the pre-flight security control zone. The air zone is a protected terminal zone, which you reach by passing through passport and customs control.
If you are an economy class traveler, you can purchase a pass to these recreation areas at Baku airport or through the program of participants.
- AbsheronLounge — Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 3rd level. Opening hours: Around the clock. Access to the waiting room: Order online (£ 20 — prepayment is required for at least 24 hours)
- Buta VIP Lounge — Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 3rd level. Opening hours: Around the clock. Access to the waiting room: Order online (£ 20 — prepayment is required for at least 24 hours)
Free Wi-Fi is available at Baku airport. Connecting to the network «BakuAirportFreeWiFi»
In case the existing recreation area at Bakouvas Airport is not comfortable, pay attention to the hotels near the airport:
- SheratonBakuAirport — (5 minutes walk to the airport) Free airport shuttle, notify in advance by email. The daily rate is available from 117 AZN, valid from 8:00 AM — 6:00 PM, 149 AZN from 6:00 PM — 12:00 AM and 109 AZN from 12:00 AM — 8:00 AM.
To see more options, we offer a list of hotels in Baku airport on Tripadvisor, you can choose the options by price, distance, traveler rating and popularity.
Offered additional services and entertainment during your stay at the airport
- ATMs — ATMs are located close to duty-free shops and cash desks on the 1st floor.
- Baggage packing — for a fee in the check-in area.
- Car rental — Yes, see our airport transfer section below.
- Children’s playground — a soft, comfortable and colorful playground is available in Terminal 1. The game room is located on the 3rd floor of Terminal 1.
- Currency Exchange — SilkWayBank and InternationalBankofAzerbaijan offers a full range of services, including banking services, currency exchange. Location: T2, southern part. Opening hours: unknown.
- DutyFreeShoping — duty free shops are available 24 hours a day on the 1st floor. A variety of retail stores can be found on the 3rd and 4th floors.
- Food and Drinks — food outlets are located throughout the airport and operate with a different schedule. According to available information, there is no dining room with round-the-clock operation. The following meal locations are presented: 150 Cafe • Bakı • BritishPubCafe • Kofteçi • Ləzzət • McDonald’s • Pilot • PubFastFood • RoomCafe • Səma • SkyCoffee
- Baggage Packing — Location: check-in area.
- Medical services — urgent and emergency medical services are provided at the airport medical center. Location: T1, 2nd floor, zone «A».
- Pharmacy — Location: T2, south wing.
- Room for prayer — prayer rugs and other objects are available in the Muslim prayer room. Location: unknown.
- Showers — not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Location: North and South Terminals, Common Area, on the first floor
The bus route passes through Baku airport to Baku city center 9S. Vurgun’spark Street May 28th. Bus stop across the street from the parking lot. Frequency: 30 minutes. Travel time: 30-40 minutes. Fare: 30 qapik.
Available, but information is not available.